How many of us are happy about school starting soon????

I am delighted. My kids are already over the secondary pursues, but my neighbors aren't, and even if I have a natural tenderness towards the little people, I am sick of screaming kids in the playground close to my place....exhausted of mothers and fathers arguing; totally deranged about supermarkets full of misbehaved little persons...Not talking about taking a holiday anywhere......kids are almost dictators and everything is ready to encourage them to more, and more, and more .....

I wonder....is it parents....is it the kids....is it society.....what and how this permissiveness started that parents have to fight between themselves, loose the sanity and their relationship to satisfy the cravings and ultra demands of the kids,..what happened...how....when????

I was visiting a dear friend in Vancouver and her kids have made a kindergarten of her beautiful penthouse....one can not walk anywhere without threatening to break a bone by walking over toys, crayons and play balls....not to mention the screams over "I do not want this...or that"

Is any one having ideas about this?

I am in my middle forties, my kids are healthy, mentally and physically, but we never ever allowed this absolute power over adults they seem to have nowadays. I am proud of my children!!!

Opinions?

I am looking forward to yours....

Loralee:sm185:

• Like 1

It is the most wonderful time of year when kids go back to school, that being said my son now 21 and is out of school and was living in an apartment but moved back home in April. He has a full time job and a girlfriend but we never see him. He comes home to sleep once in awhile and might show up for supper again once in awhile, we never know how much to cook, arghhh.

It just seemed like yesterday he was in kinder garden and now a full grown man. Do enjoy the time you have with your kids because they grow really quick.

I am delighted. My kids are already over the secondary pursues, but my neighbors aren't, and even if I have a natural tenderness towards the little people, I am sick of screaming kids in the playground close to my place....exhausted of mothers and fathers arguing; totally deranged about supermarkets full of misbehaved little persons...Not talking about taking a holiday anywhere......kids are almost dictators and everything is ready to encourage them to more, and more, and more .....

I wonder....is it parents....is it the kids....is it society.....what and how this permissiveness started that parents have to fight between themselves, loose the sanity and their relationship to satisfy the cravings and ultra demands of the kids,..what happened...how....when????

I was visiting a dear friend in Vancouver and her kids have made a kindergarten of her beautiful penthouse....one can not walk anywhere without threatening to break a bone by walking over toys, crayons and play balls....not to mention the screams over "I do not want this...or that"

Is any one having ideas about this?

I am in my middle forties, my kids are healthy, mentally and physically, but we never ever allowed this absolute power over adults they seem to have nowadays. I am proud of my children!!!

Opinions?

I am looking forward to yours....

Loralee:sm185:

Thanks Loralee, I had a great laugh this morning,

"one can not walk anywhere without threatening to break a bone by walking over toys, crayons and play balls....not to mention the screams over "I do not want this...or that"

My kids are not that young but boy do I ever remember ;) It was hectic but fun.

But as to your question, "YES" I'm pleased that those little ones are off to school as well. As my title says above, I just dread getting stuck behind the school bus that makes 5 stops on 1 street, meanwhile 18 kids could all walked to 1 area.:rolleyes:

My kids never and still don't have that absolute power over adults they seem to have nowadays.

BTW I am proud of my children too!

Yes, cannot wait. I have a bunch of nieces and 1 nephew all under the age of 12 and they came over the other day and trashed my house with their dog in tow after I had the cleaning lady come in the day before. Sigh....

I can't wait all I have heard from my 13 yr old for last 2 weeks is I'm bored this after the fact we havent been home for almost 4 weeks what more does he want

I am of two minds on this topic. I love it when they go back. But then I have to deal with the fight to do homework.

Also the traffic on the morning commute gets worse when school starts. Have to leave earlier I guess.

For those who have kids the same age as mine (she's 9yo...), it's a true liberation...

Beggining of summer vacation is never enough time to do what we want;

Middle is more lickely: Ok, we have fun, but what's next???

End of the vacation is totally: I've been bored for the last two weeks... When is school starting again???

For those who have book worms, geeks, or nerds, I don't know if your summer has been like mine, but I had the impression of having played teacher the whole last two months...

Really, back to school is a total liberation!

I'm so torn about the back to school thing. My 7 y/o son is sooooooooo ready to go back, he's constantly bored now. My 4 y/o daughter (my baby) starts JK this year, so it's a big transition for me (she's more than ready to go)... it's a big step to hand them over to the school system!

I'm happy for school for myself! I love being on student council, being a peer tutor and the fun of learning something new (yeah, I'm one of those top-of-my-class people). And of course buying new binders, cool new gel pens and the like is fun. Of course my schedule will be tighter than ever, and sleep will be more valued than chocolate, but I still love it.

Parents must feel relief/excitement for their wee ones heading back to classes, too. They get some time without the kid(s) and they get to swell with pride when their kid(s) display(s) new-found knowledge.

Posted via Mobile Device

Oh man, I am SO EXCITED to go back to school. And for back to school shopping. Possibly one of my favourite things to do. Paper, file folders, pencils, ink refills, organizational supplies! *sigh* I can't get enough.

Also, I'm really looking forward to my courses this year: mostly feminist theory, but a few electives like Women in Early Christianity and Women, Human Rights and Globalization. Nothing makes me happier than being around other feminists and people who don't look at me like I'm crazy when I say things like the American prison system is really a form of institutionalized racism. God, I love academia.

AND AND, I got asked to speak at a grad seminar on sex work at Queen's. Woot.

The response was fantastic ladies and gents....at some time in my past I thought \i was the only one wishing for school to start, even if it meant "winter is close"

I adore my kids and love to have them around , but \i am really distressed around people who do not raise the little people properly.

Thanks to you all and, as I always say to you in person...."look forward for more"

LoraLee:mrgreen: