Lexy's Rant..I'm getting really sick of LIARS

Please don?t attempt to book an appointment with me then make up some BS excuse that you can?t make it or have to cancel. Reason being for this rant, I was not told that it was because they found a lower rate. Be a man and be honest.

I know what I am worth and what I have to offer and to lie to me then be on here bragging about $hit and all you can get for the cheapest rate is disgusting and distasteful.

The truth always come out in the end and I don?t like liars, people who are deceitful and that type of behaviour will get you blacklisted quick. I don?t have time for games, nor do I play games and don?t need that type of business.

Hi. Seen you thread and you are right. You are being honest about your services and what your time is worth. I am new to this and have only met with one p.s. so far...and it was worth every $$$$$:cooter: I was in sales and marketing. We had a saying "price is only an issue in the absence of value".

Looking at you and I would love to spend time with you. Pardon the pun...but keep up the good work:mrgreen:

If a guy tells you that he's canceling because he has found someone else at a lower rate, how is that being dishonest? Maybe he really did. You should have asked him what that rate was, and then offered to match it. That way you would have trapped him in his lie, if indeed he was lying. In any event, it should be expected in your line of work as it is in other vocations as well. In my business for instance, I have people reneging on commitments on a daily basis. I could initiate lawsuits against them and win the majority of cases, but I don't. I look at it as being the price of doing business, par for the course, and it's water off a ducks back. Although that attitude has cost me alot of money, it has saved me from getting ulcers, and will probably prolong my life a few years. We all know that life is way too short. So take a deep breath Lexi, put a smile on your face, and have a hap hap happy day.

• Like 1

I don't know if this is Lexy's case, but some of these guys don't realize that sometimes information comes back to us - like the guy who booked an appt. with me to cancel at the last minute with some b.s. excuse and then called my friend right afterwards. She was sitting right beside me and her phone rang and his number came up.

She was gracious enough to let me do his spiel before she told him she was working out of my in-call. He said, "oh, okay, then" and hung up. Nice try, fella.

Guest ***nsut***jr

Lexy:

Sorry that you have to put up with that.

You are an open and honest person in this community and certainly deserve better.

Since each lady has special attributes I really don't see how, if I dare say it, price has anything to do with it.

Stick to your guns and don't get bitter.

And don't change the spelling of your name:roll:

JSJ

If a guy tells you that he's canceling because he has found someone else at a lower rate, how is that being dishonest? Maybe he really did. You should have asked him what that rate was, and then offered to match it. That way you would have trapped him in his lie, if indeed he was lying. In any event, it should be expected in your line of work as it is in other vocations as well. In my business for instance, I have people reneging on commitments on a daily basis. I could initiate lawsuits against them and win the majority of cases, but I don't. I look at it as being the price of doing business, par for the course, and it's water off a ducks back. Although that attitude has cost me alot of money, it has saved me from getting ulcers, and will probably prolong my life a few years. We all know that life is way too short. So take a deep breath Lexi, put a smile on your face, and have a hap hap happy day.

I have to correct myself and did so in my post. I was never told the other rate, which I don't match rates for business. I know what my time is worth and the level of service I provide. I found out by reading what this person had wrote who will not ever be named. It was just a flat out lie point blank why they could not make it.

Additional Comments:

Lexy:

Sorry that you have to put up with that.

You are an open and honest person in this community and certainly deserve better.

Since each lady has special attributes I really don't see how, if I dare say it, price has anything to do with it.

Stick to your guns and don't get bitter.

And don't change the spelling of your name:roll:

JSJ

Stuff happens and you move on. I would never change the spelling of my name Lexy with a "Y" looks good next to SEXY:butt:.

I'm over it, just needed to get it out and I rarely rant.

I'm about to order room service have a glass of wine and relax.:-D

as a hobbyist I have been left stranded for an engagement as well and have suffered some lame excuses as to why

We (hobbyists and providers) unfortunately do not deal with an iron clad system of scheduling life and lower prices get in the way the sp has

slept in or not gone to sleep yet or their daughter is in the hospital etc.

its the nature of this business we just have to deal with or pick a new line of work

as a hobbyist I have been left stranded for an engagement as well and have suffered some lame excuses as to why

We (hobbyists and providers) unfortunately do not deal with an iron clad system of scheduling life and lower prices get in the way the sp has

its the nature of this business we just have to deal with or pick a new line of work

urggh...sorry but I really hate it when someone says "its the natre of this business...deal with it or pick a new line of work"....just because this kind of thing happens every now and then I dont think that its right and I dont think that we should give excuses to others to let this poor behaviour continue...as I feel those kind f guys are making a bad name for all hobbiests....I think some of the really great hobbiests out there will agree with that.

how would you a a hobbiest think of a provider if we said "yeah sorry but I have to canel with you because I found someone who will pay me double" or found out in another thread that we were bragghing about a call that we just went on that paid us more than our rate when we had just called you and cancelled with a fake cough "*cough* cough*! I think I'm feel something coming on...I have to cancel"......know what I'm sayin? I dont think you would be too pleased either. And I think it would be an upsetting generalization to all the girls who work hard in this industry to say "well thats just the nature of hobbying....you cant trust who you book"

It can be the nature of the business but honesty is the best policy. In my opinion. As an SP I am sharing a part of myself with someone and that requires a certain level of honesty, gut feeling and common sense to name some of the criteria to meet with anyone and for me to be able to do the work I do.

Additional Comments:

urggh...sorry but I really hate it when someone says "its the natre of this business...deal with it or pick a new line of work"....just because this kind of thing happens every now and then I dont think that its right and I dont think that we should give excuses to others to let this poor behaviour continue...as I feel those kind f guys are making a bad name for all hobbiests....I think some of the really great hobbiests out there will agree with that.

how would you a a hobbiest think of a provider if we said "yeah sorry but I have to canel with you because I found someone who will pay me double" or found out in another thread that we were bragghing about a call that we just went on that paid us more than our rate when we had just called you and cancelled with a fake cough "*cough* cough*! I think I'm feel something coming on...I have to cancel"......know what I'm sayin? I dont think you would be too pleased either. And I think it would be an upsetting generalization to all the girls who work hard in this industry to say "well thats just the nature of hobbying....you cant trust who you book"

THANK YOU!! Well said.

Ladies I only want to say you deal with a market that may at times appear fickle but we as hobbyists deal with much the same and with patience and a bankroll we sort it out I hope you do to too

At least he canceled. Much better than a no-show. Disregard the reason. We always encourage guys to have the courage to cancel instead of no-showing. They don't owe us an explanation. If he didn't want the appointment, at least he showed you so respectfully.

• Like 1

I wish there was a list for both SPs and Clients. SPs would have access to the list of Clients which have cancelled and frequencies and Clients would have access to a list of SPs whihc have the higher frequency of cancellations or no shows. Of course each list is somewhat subjective because there will always be a few people putting others down becuase of personal issues.

At least he canceled. Much better than a no-show. Disregard the reason. We always encourage guys to have the courage to cancel instead of no-showing. They don't owe us an explanation. If he didn't want the appointment, at least he showed you so respectfully.

You are entitled to your opinion but lying gets you know where's! There is no need for it. Yes it is better than a no-show but don't lie to me.

A cancellation is better than a no show, nothing worse than finding the time in your day reschedule appointments drive downtown find a parking spot pay the meter and ........ leave and reschedule your reschedules

ladies that doesnt happen often but it does happen

and it doesnt always have the same repurcussions

the providers have more at stake (usually)

ie reservations @ hotels, friends houses etc

but these inconveniences are a two way street

granted they may be more of an inconvenience to one party more than the other

But like I said earlier its business "limit your risk" it might mean more screening , but that might mean less response to your ads I dont know I am just a hobbiest trying to hobby

good luck

Yes Lexy, no-shows s**k. They are bad for both provider and client.

I have been lucky and had only one no-show. She apologized profusely the next day and I had no reason to disbelieve her explanation. I have had several cancellations. In most cases the ladies were in contact with me directly prior to the meeting with an explanation and an attempt to re-schedule. I believed each one. I have found that when travel is involved there is a higher chance of something going wrong.

In one case a lady I had not seen previously canceled the appointment about 40 minutes prior with the excuse that she had fallen ill. I was not in the position to tell if she was lying, to me it really did not matter. I would rather have her cancel then come to the appointment and not want to be there. Both of us would end up dissatisfied.

It does go to show you or more so me, that just when you think you may know someone they can show their true colours and who they really are and the level of respect they have for you. Lesson learned, I love to learn at least one new thing a day and this was just one of them. Back to having fun:butt:.

Kisses and Hugs to all,

Lexy

Hi Lexy. I too do sympathize but simply put there is no excuse to lie and anytime I come across someone who blatently lie's he or she is not worth doing business with.

Hi Lexy. I too do sympathize but simply put there is no excuse to lie and anytime I come across someone who blatently lie's he or she is not worth doing business with.

My point exactly.

While I agree that no shows and cancellations suck, but at least the guy called ahead to cancel, but this thread was probably best suited for the SP only area, by publishing it in the general discussion it's subject to opinion and response from all. If the clients perspective is not welcome then keep it behind closed doors, please for everyone's sake.

Oh and let's not fool ourselves into thinking it doesn't happen the other way around, it happens plenty where the sp cancels, rescheduels at the last minute or provides a weak excuse for a late arrival or becomes ill suddenly. The client's time has a value as well, often we work around the sp's schedules and book meetings, work shifts etc to accommodate, only to be let down or disappointed. Yes, it's true.

I'm not pointing any fingers and I agree it sucks, but it is for what ever reason, the nature of the biz on both sides of the fence.

While I agree that no shows and cancellations suck, but at least the guy called ahead to cancel, but this thread was probably best suited for the SP only area, by publishing it in the general discussion it's subject to opinion and response from all. If the clients perspective is not welcome then keep it behind closed doors, please for everyone's sake.

Oh and let's not fool ourselves into thinking it doesn't happen the other way around, it happens plenty where the sp cancels, rescheduels at the last minute or provides a weak excuse for a late arrival or becomes ill suddenly. The client's time has a value as well, often we work around the sp's schedules and book meetings, work shifts etc to accommodate, only to be let down or disappointed. Yes, it's true.

I'm not pointing any fingers and I agree it sucks, but it is for what ever reason, the nature of the biz on both sides of the fence.

Your opinion has been pointed out already. I rarely rant and the clients name was never revealed, I would never do such a thing and if he so chooses to respond cool. This thread is about lying and there being no need for it.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Honest cancellations and rescheduling is a part of life, as we all have a life outside of this world.

Whatever happen to good old honesty. I'd rather be told the truth, than a lie. I'm a grown woman and can handle the truth, no matter what it may be.

I did close this thread but somehow an hour or so later it was open again. I have no idea how that happened:?: and wish for it to be closed, like I had already done.

Please don?t attempt to book an appointment with me then make up some BS excuse that you can?t make it or have to cancel. Reason being for this rant, I was not told that it was because they found a lower rate. Be a man and be honest.

I know what I am worth and what I have to offer and to lie to me then be on here bragging about $hit and all you can get for the cheapest rate is disgusting and distasteful.

The truth always come out in the end and I don?t like liars, people who are deceitful and that type of behaviour will get you blacklisted quick. I don?t have time for games, nor do I play games and don?t need that type of business.

I once had to bail on an appointment because my son got hurt in a pretty serious way. I sent my SP (Jamie) an E-mail as I didn't have a phone number and offered to pay whatever the cancellation fee. She was understanding and asked for nothing. I made an extra effort to connect and when we did meet I made sure I had a substantial bonus included.

Sometimes we really do have to cancel. I would hope that if I need to cancel again I would get the same treatment. On the flip side.. in my 15years of hobbying.. Never has any SP ever cancelled on me. Manitoba women are incredible:smile:

Personally I'd rather someone let me know if they are unable to make it than not show up at all. The reasoning is secondary, sometimes it may help me to grow my business (or as a person) but other times it may be irrelevant to me and I do not really need to know.

If you wanted to know what his actual reason for cancelling was you could always contact him after with a polite note and let him know that you noticed he saw another lady at that time and would like to know the reason he had to cancel the call, explain to him this type of feedback allows you to further develop your business and is useful to you. Some people are okay with providing that information when in a business context but you have to frame it as such and depersonalize it in order to allow him to safely provide criticism without feeling like he is personally insulting you. In addition it's important that you accept that not everyone will want to or care to provide that information, they are the client and they can set the boundaries for disclosure.

It's also helps to keep in mind why people lie, we all do it but the reasoning can vary from one person to another. Sometimes we lie to avoid conflict, sometimes to spare another persons feelings, sometimes to avoid punishment, sometimes it's a fear of rejection, etc. He may have felt that providing his actual reason would have caused a conflict he did not wish to deal with or perhaps he thought that he was sparing your feelings as we often read on the boards reminders that the ladies 'are human too' and it's not polite to treat them as just a business. It's not easy for the gentlemen to navigate these relationships as they have an entirely different dynamic than the ones they are used to at work or at home, it takes time to learn the intricacies involved.

• Like 3

Personally I'd rather someone let me know if they are unable to make it than not show up at all. The reasoning is secondary, sometimes it may help me to grow my business (or as a person) but other times it may be irrelevant to me and I do not really need to know.

If you wanted to know what his actual reason for cancelling was you could always contact him after with a polite note and let him know that you noticed he saw another lady at that time and would like to know the reason he had to cancel the call, explain to him this type of feedback allows you to further develop your business and is useful to you. Some people are okay with providing that information when in a business context but you have to frame it as such and depersonalize it in order to allow him to safely provide criticism without feeling like he is personally insulting you. In addition it's important that you accept that not everyone will want to or care to provide that information, they are the client and they can set the boundaries for disclosure.

It's also helps to keep in mind why people lie, we all do it but the reasoning can vary from one person to another. Sometimes we lie to avoid conflict, sometimes to spare another persons feelings, sometimes to avoid punishment, sometimes it's a fear of rejection, etc. He may have felt that providing his actual reason would have caused a conflict he did not wish to deal with or perhaps he thought that he was sparing your feelings as we often read on the boards reminders that the ladies 'are human too' and it's not polite to treat them as just a business. It's not easy for the gentlemen to navigate these relationships as they have an entirely different dynamic than the ones they are used to at work or at home, it takes time to learn the intricacies involved.

I think Kyra.Graves made

the best sumary of the situation, i agree with her.

We have to keep in mind that clients have emotions as well and prefferences and the right to cancell for their own reasons.

It is way better then the disrespectfull no show.

Lexy darling soon you will have another accomodating caring

sexy date and you will forget this whole story, just focus on the good

it is the best way!

I think Kyra.Graves made

the best sumary of the situation, i agree with her.

We have to keep in mind that clients have emotions as well and prefferences and the right to cancell for their own reasons.

It is way better then the disrespectfull no show.

Lexy darling soon you will have another accomodating caring

sexy date and you will forget this whole story, just focus on the good

it is the best way!

I'm not worried about another date Amanda. Kyra.graves did some it up best in her opinion, with the limited information she has been given and able to read.

You on the other hand know me personally and know I just don't like liars. It makes me feel very unsafe and in this business my safety must come first.

Big Hugs,

Lexy

I'm not worried about another date Amanda. Kyra.graves did some it up best in her opinion, with the limited information she has been given. You know me personally and you are my friend for life and know I just don't like liars. It makes me feel very unsafe and in this business my safety comes first.

Big Hugs,

Lexy

Folks

Pretty clear here, the issue is NOT about cancellations, which are a fact of life in this hobby, it's about liars.......

While we may all have different views on cancellations, and it happens on 'both sides of the fence', the fact is, no one likes a liar........

So if you have to cancel, that is fine......it's part of life.....but 'man' up and be honest..........

My $0.02 .........

SNK