How to become a driver?

Hello everybody. I was thinking about driving some ladies at night? How can I start? Can anybody recommend something? Thanks.

You should be aware (If you have not researched this already) that being a "Driver" is considered illegal.

It is considered living off the avails.

Prostitution itself is legal but the lady (or person) doing the prostitution is the only one that can make money from the transaction. Some drivers in the past have been charged and really your only doing a service that many of the ladies need (We agree the laws are too restrictive and can put the ladies in danger but you should be aware that most places consider this "job" to be illegal)

Not to be harsh, but your first post on CERB is asking about being a driver? It's a valid question, but please forgive me for asking the question, but it appears that you signed up solely to ask about getting into the business.

This community is about bringing hobbyiests and SPs together in one place. There is nowhere on CERB you would be allowed to advertise your driving services. If you are here as a hobbyiest, you will be fine. There are some great folks on here.

But since you are enquiring, I will start off by saying if you're looking for a quick, make cash venture, being a driver is probably NOT the way to go. I can assure you, that with the popularity of in-calls over the years, the need for "drivers" has gone down substantially. I know this because I started in the mid-90s and in the "old days" I could do at least 2 out-calls a night. Now I am lucky if I get 2 out-calls a month. That's just me, but I am also going by the feedback I hear from the drivers at the driving service I use.

I have been using the same driving service for over 6 years, and some of the guys have had to go to other jobs, because the business just isn't there like it used to be (unless they want to drive drug dealers around, which they refuse to do). Because they rotate who drives who, they are doing their best to not break any laws, but remember, if LE really want to get you, THEY will. The driving service I use is strictly word-of-mouth referral and they have had a drop in SP customers. They even drive for an agency, who have seen a decline in business and for the first time are offering half hour out-calls which they never did before. Even with that, their business is suffering too because many agencies now offer in-calls.

Also, there are other independent drivers out there who cut into the market, but these guys rarely last long. I can't tell you the number of unsolicited e-mails I have received from guys wanting to drive me. No SP worth her salt would ask someone she does not know to drive her. I'd rather spend the extra $ and take a taxi if I can't wait for the other guys.

Being a solo driver, puts you at higher risk of being targetted for breaking the law as the MOD has pointed out. And also if advertise openly, you could also get set up by by-law for operating an illegal taxi and those fines are really heavy and could affect your insurance.

I would say, unless you already have clientele, it's not worth it! You'll be done before you even begin.

I'm not trying to discourage you, but really the best thing I would suggest is to contact some of the agencies and see if they are looking.

Good luck and welcome to CERB.

To add... Angela is correct you can not "Advertise" driver services here so please PM me with a NEW name to use and I will change it (Check the members list first to make sure the name you want is not used) if your sole reason for coming on here was to become a driver and ask questions that is fine but if you use the PM system of public posts to "Advertise" or "Arrange" these services you are breaking the rules here.

Wow, I hate to hop on the bandwagon of negativity but you really should do your homework. As mod has pointed out you are putting your self in legal jeopardy as drivers live off the avails, but more so the nerve to come here looking for work ? Try the classifieds. As Angela has mentioned there is a bond and trust with most dirvers and sp's. You need to develop a trusting relationship with a provider to truly be a driver, otherwise your just a cab.

Take the MOD up on his offer to start you off again with a clean slate now with a little more insight into what your taking about.