What frightens you?

We're all frightened of something: growing old, getting fat, losing your hair, looks etc and et al. Thought might make for interesting thread. So what frightens you either today or when you were a kid.

When I was a kid I had an irrational fear of war and today I'm terrified of scary movies that have things that don't die (not vampires but michael myers kind of stuff). I seldom watch a scary movie!

Guest s******ecan****

I fear living too long, reaching a point where my body/mind begins to shut down.

Irrational fear???

Llamas. I was 5. I had fed the cute little lambs, goats and other tiny gentle creatures at the petting section of the Buffalo Zoo.

I walked over to the Llama pen. A particularly fierce llama named Orson (okay his name may not have been Orson but I had to personify him with an evil sounding name) walked over, bent down, sniffed my kibble cover hands and proceeded to bite me. Orson drew blood. Orson was an evil mofo hand biting smelly bastard llama. Llamas can't be trusted. Ever seen one in church? Told ya. They are godless infidels.

Evidence???

baby spiders i don't mind the big ones but baby ones scaare the ba jesus out of me,clowns {you don't know who is under that makeup} ventriloquist dummies..don't even go there and my worst fear of all...my sons never getting jobs...

my sons never getting jobs...

Emma... that scares the bejeebus out of me too... not your sons getting jobs, but my daughters.... wow that was poorly phrased, I am not afraid of your sons getting my daughters (should I be???) ... but I am afraid that the intellectual investment that my ex and I have made in post secondary education will not equate to a great career....

Guest Ou**or**n
my worst fear of all...my sons never getting jobs...

or worse... from Smokey And The Bandit II

Junior: Oh no, Daddy, I ain't NEVER leavin' home, that's a promise.

Buford T. Justice: Don't you ever, EVER threaten yo' daddy like that again!

I am not afraid of your sons getting my daughters (should I be???)

be very afraid...l:twisted:

Junior: Oh no, Daddy, I ain't NEVER leavin' home, that's a promise.

Buford T. Justice:

oh no that sounds very fimilar...yikes! Now i'm really frightened..

No idea why, but as a child I was irrationally terrified of tornadoes and every time there was a thunderstorm, I'd pack my favourite things into a garbage bag in case I had to make a quick run for the basement.

And I've always been terrified of spiders. I have this irrational fear that they're going to leap into my face. Probably because when I was three I ran into a web of freshly hatched babies and they were all over me. Just thinking about it gives me the heebie-jeebies.

those striped centipedes that have long legs and antenae but run really fast and usually lurk in dark places or basements.......anyone know what I'm talking about?

*shivers just thinking about them*

those striped centipedes that have long legs and antenae but run really fast and usually lurk in dark places or basements.......anyone know what I'm talking about?

Why yes.... ummm... we ALL know about the vampiric cheetah zebra am/fm centipedes of which you speak.... they were trained by llamas.

Guest ***nsut***jr
Why yes.... ummm... we ALL know about the vampiric cheetah zebra am/fm centipedes of which you speak.... they were trained by llamas.

Now I think I'm scared of Old Dog. LOL

Heights and enclosed spaces for sure. Who the hell wants to eat at the top of the CN tower any way.

Women... when they are pissed off. I just try to slink away.

J

YUCKKKK!

Discusting!

*Hides*

I am afraid of Anthony Hopkins. I know that sounds stupid but I have never watched Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal and I never plan to.

Another irrational fear I've had is the fear of having my teeth fall out. While I always take care of my teeth, from time to time I keep having this dream where my teeth fall out into my hand. I looked it up online and apparently it means you are afraid of getting older or losing your looks. Vanity.. I try not to be vain but when you're in this business, it can get to you at times.

Heights....I was fearfless as a child and then one day, out of the blue, about 10 years ago, whammo....I was hyperventilating while walking up to the press box at landsdown. I immediately sat on my butt and got myself down to a "safer" level.

When I was young, I was terrified of the dark because of all the weird noises that can be heard at night. Fortunately, it has gone away.

But to this day, I am afraid of bees, bumblebees and wasps.

Probably because of the fear of being stung. Plus the sound it makes when they're flying near your head is not a soothing sound; it's more of a threatening sound.

I am afraid of Anthony Hopkins. I know that sounds stupid but I have never watched Silence of the Lambs or Hannibal and I never plan to.

Another irrational fear I've had is the fear of having my teeth fall out. While I always take care of my teeth, from time to time I keep having this dream where my teeth fall out into my hand. I looked it up online and apparently it means you are afraid of getting older or losing your looks. Vanity.. I try not to be vain but when you're in this business, it can get to you at times.

I've had the same dream, where all my teeth fall out. But it usually starts as just one or two and then eventually they're all gone. It's so creepy and I always wake up and check my teeth.

I am deathly affraid of airplanes! I am not affraid of heights, just airplanes.

Bee's, any kind, maybe because I am allergic to them.

Any bugs that come near my face make me hyperventallate!

I am fine with any bug as long as it stays away from my face. My fear of bugs and my face is because as a kid my aunt had the most beautiful garden of flowers and she had these really pretty peanie bushes and I leaned in to smell them with my eyes closed and they smelled sooo nice, but when I opened my eyes there were ANTS everywhere, even all over my face. Ever since I can't handle any bugs near my face!

Last one is swimming in open water. I am a really good swimmer, I have my lifeguard patch from swimming lessons as a kid. But I seen someone drown as a kid in a current, and ever since I can't swim in open water.

I have reached the age in my life where I have lived for longer than I have left to live. The fact that I can do nothing about it and everyone will experience it does no good in relieving my apprehension over it. It really frightens the crap out of me.

Edited by lloyd21
spelling