What frightens you?

I seem to have discovered/developed a fear of being trampled in large crowds. It is not a panic type fear as such, but when I am somewhere where there are large amounts of people, I feel apprehensive about my ability to escape should something happen. I don't recall having the same feelings years ago, it just seems to be something that has developed over the last ten to 15 years.

As for being afraid of bugs and other creep crawlies, I cannot comprehend why people are so afraid of them. They probably do not understand themselves. I have seen fearless confident people degenerate to a quivering idiot at the mere sight of a spider or snake. I don't understand why such a person would permit anything to have that kind of control over them.

Ha Rick! You know what? years ago when I was such a young pup:mrgreen: I always went to many concerts never had that fear of being trampled on, thoroughly enjoyed standing,dancing right in front of stages at concerts OR walking out of Rider games,hockey games....especially in the Old Forum du Montreal.

But you are dam right, the last concert, I had the same weird feeling and said f-that, went right to the back area and gave myself some breathing room. I think it has to do honestly with age, when we were young,we would not think twice about it,now we do.

those striped centipedes that have long legs and antenae but run really fast and usually lurk in dark places or basements.......anyone know what I'm talking about?

*shivers just thinking about them*

House centipedes.

They are at the top of the household insect food chain. I believe some have been known to feed on squirrels and pigeons (not really).

I use the have them in an old apartment. I loathed them immensely. I think it was their habit of darting out from behind an appliance at incredible speed when you least expect it.

As far as what frightens me... The thought of walking into a dark bathroom late at night, turning on the light, and there's someone standing behind me in the mirror. Not cool.

back alley or parking garage at night and other dark places. won't go there. Funny but I'm ok in the woods at night but not in a city

Guest S**a*Q

1 - Skunks

2 - Sharks or Other SeaMonsters *(Deep water, coming from below attackers)

3 - Someone ripping off *(or bending back) my baby toe.

4 - My teeth falling out

5 - Getting pregnant

6 - Ending up alone for the rest of my life *(Or being the crazy cat lady)

I guess that's it... Lol!

Edited by S**a*Q
Spelling

I seem to have discovered/developed a fear of being trampled in large crowds. It is not a panic type fear as such, but when I am somewhere where there are large amounts of people, I feel apprehensive about my ability to escape should something happen. I don't recall having the same feelings years ago, it just seems to be something that has developed over the last ten to 15 years.

As for being afraid of bugs and other creep crawlies, I cannot comprehend why people are so afraid of them. They probably do not understand themselves. I have seen fearless confident people degenerate to a quivering idiot at the mere sight of a spider or snake. I don't understand why such a person would permit anything to have that kind of control over them.

Me too i despise crowdows, unless i am the center of the attention lol!

when I was a kid I feared cats. totally irrational. as an adult I've had several cats. currenlty have a 18 yr old tabby gone deaf and I love this girl to death even though she cannot hear me calling her but I just love when she comes on her own knowing she couldnt hear anything I said, or vocalization I made, but she just comes to say "well maybe your okay anyway!"

Guest C****** K***e

I'm terrified of spiders. Even the eensy-weensy ones, I freak out and throw shoes at them from several feet away. I can't even bring myself to squish one with a handful of toilet paper. I am convinced (half-seriously) that they will crawl into me and lay eggs in my brain.

Also I'm pretty scared of farm machinery. Consider it a byproduct of my surroundings...I just hate being on the highway and there's an oncoming harrower with its spikes and blades bristling. Same with semis. They're just plain old intimidating.

I'm also terrified that I'll lose the use of my hands or my sense of hearing. I could handle loss of any other limb or sense, but not my hands or my hearing. My music is my life, and I really honestly don't know what I'd do without it.

Oh yeah...and my mother :)