overly sensitive or lacking common courtesy

I made the decision to travel to wpg to see a travelling sp whom i was interested in meeting, after agreeing on a day and time we had a "date" since its a 2 1/2 hour drive i asked her to tell me the part of wpg she was in as it can really effect how long it takes to get there,she supplied that info. that morning i left early and arrived in wpg with time to spare so i picked up a small gift for her and then called (30 mins before app) and left her a message that i was in wpg and on time,after parking in the hotel and making my way to the lobby, i was six minutes early and called to let her know i was there (no answer) this particular hotel has no access to the rooms, you must be met in the lobby by the person receiving you to take the elevator up,so obviously the front desk personal see everything, after standing there feeling very uncomfortable for 15 mins i headed for the parkade,of course she then calls explains her phone volume was turned down and she was in the bathroom ,when i said i was disappointed because she knew i was on time yet left me standing in the lobby she said "do you want to cancel"that stunned me momentarily then pissed me right off, i had,nt come a couple of blocks to see her-i didn,t feel at all like meeting at this point so i did something wrong as well -by now its 11:25 am and i lied and said i had a lunch appt at 12:30 so we no longer had time , If she had simply apologised first without the excuse i would have been fine with it-was i oversensitive ?

• Like 1

If I have an appointment for 1pm and my phone hasn't gone off by 1:00pm sharp, I go to check it.

I also make a point of apologizing for any stumbles along the way, even if it's not technically my fault.

You're not being overly sensitive; she is lacking in basic customer service.

• Like 3

You have every right to be upset. I myself have been in a situation where my phone was not working properly and the first thing I did was apologize.

The lady in questions, way of dealing with the situation could have been handled differently.

Guest s******ecan****
and then called (30 mins before app) and left her a message that i was in wpg and on time,

Well I don't know what her tone was when she called you back but its unfair to say "she knew I was on time" just because you left this message. A lot can happen in 30 minutes that could have made you late.

The fact that she called you back meant she was awaiting your appointment and her reason for missing your call sounds credible (an error for sure to have her volume down but hey it happens to all of us).

Also you could have called from your car rather than inside the lobby, that way you could have avoided being observed by the staff. It seems this embarrasment may have influenced how you handled the situation.

I would say you were oversensitive and should have kept the appointment. Lying is not good.

Again I wasn't a party to the conversation and the tone of voice etc I'm just commenting on the info you provided. She definitely should have apologized...sounds like she got a bit defensive.

You may have been upset, but you went home unhappy & she lost a booking. Something about her interested you, posting here will further strain a future meeting. Why not chalk it up to oops! & meet her?

Sometimes it isn't fair to hold a SP to an impossible standard. If the Starbucks girl messes up your order, it doesn't mean she did it on purpose & never wants to see you again. If the accountant is running late for your meeting it doesn't mean he hates you as a person.

She made a mistake & it wasn't super professional, but it wasn't impossible to overcome. She wanted to see you or she wouldn't have phoned back

Her basic customer care skills may need some work.

And she may not be that organized.

But everyone deserves the "benefit of the doubt".

I think you may have been a little over sensitive here. I probably

would have been a little ticked also, but I would have kept the appointment.

Better luck next time renegade.

Posted via Mobile Device

For everyones replys-I do appreciate them i guess this is My way of venting, i feel bad about the incident but the point missed sometimes is that for us in a rural area its basically a full day,s trip to go, so its a decision not made lightly plus the expenses of driving close to 280 miles round trip a meal plus the ladies time adds up so we hope the person we are meeting can also appreciate our time.

After reading your original comments for a third time I believe that you could make the case that both parties should share in the blame...that is if there is blame to share.

Let us keep in mind that we all make mistakes, forget to do things or say things that we will eventually regret! I fully understand your concerns about the commute as I too have a fairly large roundtrip when I hobby. However you have to keep in mind that your commute is not the ladies fault! It is your decision to travel and accept the consequences there of. Arriving 30 minutes early, although prudent on your part to be on time, does not mean the lady will be early. So your wait time is irrelevant.

As far as the lady goes it sounds as though she is a regular traveller in the sense that you mentioned she is a touring girl. I would think that since she was good enough to provide you with a general area of her hotel that she would have the phone on/turned up knowing that she had a client due in short order. Yes her phone should probably have been on, but you have to keep in mind that she did return your call and offer an apology, correct?

I recently met with a lady and thought that we had all confirmations arranged the evening before. We had discussed all aspects of the date and she provided me her location. The next communication we planned on having was me texting her from the hotel saying that I had arrived. I did as we agreed but her response was "I didn't get a confirmation from you by a certain time so I wasn't sure if you were coming or not." Well naturally I was a little shocked but not angered as I realise people make mistakes. Long of the short I texted her saying "I thought we had confirmed last night." She provided the room number and up I went. When I arrived she apologised to me for forgetting our arrangement as she had found our agreed upon arrival arrangements. Oops...but no harm done and we had a GREAT date.

So in my humble opinion it sounds as though two smaller mistakes managed to join and create a perfect storm of sorts in that the lady lost a client and the client lost his lady! Perhaps we need to be more selective in the battles we fight...

Edited by S***ec*****s
Added paragraph

Don't think you were overly sensitive. Tough break man. Once not in mood understand the excuse. Rock on dude experiences can only get better!

She should have at least apologized. I know myself, I turn the ringer off on my cell when I'm in class and have a few times forgotten to turn it back on. Also, my phone does this really irritating thing where it randomly turns off. So if I'm expecting a call, I am checking that thing every few minutes to make sure it didn't shut itself off without me knowing.

I think this is a bit of column a (you're being a touch oversensitive) and a bit of column b (she could have apologized).

I understand the frustration in taking a whole day and you get your expectations up and it can be incredibly disappointing when your expectations are not met.

Lesson learned, I suppose!

I think you did the right thing, most SPs state that thier time is valuable. If you were to show up late and tell them your phone was off , they would be upset just like you were. The fact she didn`t even say sorry, and then asked you if you wanted to cancel . I think by asking if you want to cancel , she was kinda saying she wanted you to cancel.

Just my 2 cents

As a SP, the young lady is there to provide a service. She has determined what her time is worth and being that she is charging that fee, she should have made the apology. This is transaction between twoo parties and the party that pays is the customer. And the customer is always right. I believe we hear that at any establishment we visit.

Guest W***ledi*Time
... the customer is always right. I believe we hear that at any establishment we visit.

... just never let the CSRs hear you say that. They know better -- from bitter front-line experience. I do know what you're getting at, though!

For everyones replys-I do appreciate them i guess this is My way of venting, i feel bad about the incident but the point missed sometimes is that for us in a rural area its basically a full day,s trip to go, so its a decision not made lightly plus the expenses of driving close to 280 miles round trip a meal plus the ladies time adds up so we hope the person we are meeting can also appreciate our time.

I can relate to this as I live in a rural area and must travel nearly 120 km each way to see a lady, be it Montreal or Ottawa. It has happen more then three times already that something happened and I did not get "lucky".

This is why I always have a backup plan before leaving home, I bring a list of phone number from local agencies and check who is available as soon as I don't get a reply.

Once the girl called me back about 1 and 1/2 hour later saying she forgot our appointment.

I am very easy going and will usually give the lady a second chance if she is courteous.