Minneapolis doesn't want strippers on party buses

A couple of things strike me about this story. They quote a person who has operated party buses for twenty years who states he's never heard of a stripper on a bus. The impetus for the law that says party buses are involved in Sex trafficking. The study notes that they have no data to support that position but they think the ban should happen anyway.

Damn. That sounds familiar. Did I hear this same reasoning in the C-36 debate?

Enjoy the read.

http://www.citypages.com/news/minneapolis-doesnt-want-strippers-on-party-buses-7877281

I have to agree BCGUY this clearly looks like another case of political pandering to the right wing base... they are looking to pass a useless law just so they look tough on something for the right wing regardless as to if the problem they are legislating against even exists.

So following th same logic of listing in the license of the business all the things that are not allowed like child trafficking and underage drinking I guess they should basicly just list every law in the criminal code that might be broken someone abusing or trafficking women and girls... you know state that on the bus there should be no rape... no murder... no sexual assualt... no physical assault... no kidnapping... no holding someone against their will... but wait maybe just maybe they could simply apply the existing laws...maybe they could revoke licenses when someone allows any "illegal activity" to take place on the bus.

Just as a side note.... I have to wonder if the war on child trafficking is actually centered in Minneapolis Minnesota.... yeah that the hotbed... ladies and girls are being rounded up in far away countries loaded on luxury limos with stripper poles and driven to Minneapolis .... those bastards are so sneaky who would have thought it...

Just my Opinion

Minneapolis has a lot more urgent issues to attend to than strippers on party busses.

This is pandering to a voter demographic. It is infuriating that Rona Ambrose is doing exactly this nonsense too. Emotion over reason, sound bites instead of thoughtful comments.

• Like 1

Who is going to enforce this anyway.

Minneapolis was recently in the news,

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/08/minneapolis-police-suspend-prostitution-stings-after-cops-caught-in-sexual-acts-with-sex-workers/

The Minneapolis Police Department is discontinuing prostitution stings following three criminal cases being dismissed in the last month due to the officers engaging in sexual activities with the sex workers.
  • Like 1