Poll: How often do you read posts in the social group area on cerb?

how often do you read posts in social groups on cerb?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. how often do you read posts in social groups on cerb?

• daily
    • often ( several times a week)
    • sometimes (several times a month)
    • rarely
    • never

I'm still wondering about the effectiveness of the social groups on cerb. They're growing, and have lots of posts, but there's no way of tracking usage.

So I'm proposing a poll, to give us a rough idea.

How often do you read the posts in the social groups area?

I answered daily but in all honesty I might skip a day here and there but on average once a day.

I answer here in writing in an effort to keep this post up and running.

I said Often, but it depends on how often I get on. Been living out of a suitcase for the last two months (or at least it feels like it), so haven't been on as much since then. Only two more months to go.....

Until the next project.... At least Montreal is not too far....

The social groups are here, in your user cp, in the upper left corner of the screen.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/group.php

There are lots of groups. Poly Party (group sex) is by far the most popular, with over 600 members.

RHAG (Redhead Appreciation Group) has about 220 members, and about 1200 posts; and there are groups for spinners, voluptuous women, dancers, special needs, and various regional groups (BC, Halifax, Montreal), etc.

I suspect that this area is under-utilized on cerb, and that members should be more aware of it. That's one reason I'm asking about this.

I finally found it in my profile area went go read posts in social group area. You have to wait to be approved to join and then you can read posts.

It is not an easy section to find or join.

Most of the groups are open to all, and you can join them at any time. Only a few are by invitation.

In the open groups, you can read posts without being a member.

Whenever I log on to CERB, the second place I drop into, after Private Messages, is the Social Groups area. Informative, delightful on the eyes, and at times provocative commentary. Great contributions by participants.

Thanks, Mutau. That's good to know, especially because I spend a lot of my cerb time in the groups area.

I'm also glad that this poll is spreading the word on the groups to members who weren't familiar with them.

So have a look around, check out any groups you might be interested in, join them if you'd like, or even start your own group. It's a great way to meet people with similar interests on here. And they're fun.

I use to look in at the groups daily that I'm associated with,but lately it is only been a few times during a month,only because there has not been a lot of interaction lately.

Could be just that things are slow and people are busier,but still enjoy to drop in and see what is going on.:smile:

The social groups are a good source for information, and especially pics, of our favorite women, sp's, dancers, and celebs. I find there's quite a lot of interaction in the groups, not always by people posting in the group areas, but responding to posts with pm's and other messages. What prompted this poll is that it's usually the same group people that I tend to hear from (and I'm not complaining--I always enjoy hearing from them), so I was curious about how widely the group posts are read.

Hot newly posted pics of Brittany Binger, for example, in RHAG. She's our Red(dish)head of the Day.

AND: Breaking News about a new redheaded Playmate, Miss November 2010! (She's a part-time redhead, anyway...that's good enough for me.)

See it on RHAG, the Redhead Appreciation Group.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/group.php?groupid=28

So far about half the respondents say they use the groups never or rarely.

Is that because you didn't know they existed or what they were about, or you don't find them interesting, or you don't have time?

I'd be interested in people's thoughts about this.

Guest s******ecan****
So far about half the respondents say they use the groups never or rarely.

Is that because you didn't know they existed or what they were about, or you don't find them interesting, or you don't have time?

I'd be interested in people's thoughts about this.

I think a lot of people only hear about them when a thread is posted on the general discussion area. Since the groups don't appear anywhere on the main page you are directed to after log in they are kind of "off the beaten path" so to speak.

Maybe they need more visibility?

Right, Scott. A thread about the groups in the newbie area would be a good idea, for one thing. I'll start one later.

Just catching up on CERB activites from abroad. I note that as usual, Cato, you are a modest person. You have commenced and maintained many groups with abundant input and zeal. Thank you, my friend for your efforts in making this adult playground what it is: an informative, friendly zone for the exchaneg of information. Enjoy the day as much as I enjoy reading the social groups.

Thanks, Mutau, and everybody's who's participated.

At least this poll is letting people know about the groups, so that's useful. I notice that some of them have picked up new members this week.

I have to say that I enjoy the groups I belong to very much. They've contributed not only information on my interests, but lots of virtual friendships.

I go to the group section every 1-3 days... I can't let it alone much longer than that or Cato and Seymour will have amassed far too many pages of incredibly hot pictures for me to go through without suffering a massive little-brain overload and messing up all of my extra shorts in front of everybody here at work!.. whew! that was a seriously long sentence, let me catch my breath...

- Okay, I'm good - No really, I enjoy the social groups (RHAG for me)... admittedly I don't (can't) post as much as Cato and Seymour (who can!?! you guys are super-human!)... but I like to contribute sometimes...

I agree with Cato's comment on virtual friendships too... RHAG is like a little pub, or club or something... You're always welcome to pop in and say hi, see what's going on with the regulars, share a pint or two... It's nice to know I'm not the only guy who likes Doctor Who (Tom Baker is still the only REAL doctor! lol) and thinks Karen Alloy, or Mythbusters' Carrie are incredibly freaking hot!

I dunno, I like 'em! Thanks for you guys (you know who you are!) for working so hard to keep them going and making them a nice place to stop in for a visit!

I think I'm just about due for some contribution myself too... Where in the hell am I going to find a hot redhead that Cato doesn't already know about though?!? :lol:

Cato to be honest with you I often forget to check the social groups to which I belong. I try to check in on them as often as I can but to be honest they always seem to slip my mind. I believe others have already mentioned that the social groups are not as visable as they either could or should be and this probably limits the amount of visits each group receives. How to solve this problem...hmm that appears to be the question at hand. Is it possible or even feasible to have a section here on Cerb devoted entirely to social groups? Perhaps it is worth investigating further, yes?

That's a good idea, Steve. Is it possible to reconfigure the home page so that there's a social group button at the top, in the line that has the user cp, members' list, etc; or else a social groups category in the new posts list, where the latest additions could be shown?