Spend money to make money.

A question for the girls...

Well, in any business you have to put money into it, to get money back. How much a month do you spend on maintenance. What is considered normal and what is considered over the top. What maintenance do you do? For example: nails, hair, facials, waxing, fitness and lingerie. Would you do this maintenance if you were not into the sex industry? For myself I love doing these small things. I'm getting board of my look and want to spice it up. So I'm thinking of getting an all over makeover. Which includes hair, nails and more lingerie. Which cold possibly come close to $1000 in total. Is this crazy or just a normal part of our job? Of course it has to be a little bit for you too. Do you agree?

Yes, it can cost a pretty penny to keep our selves perked up for our fans but its worth it and there is ways to cut costs. For example I go to Marvel Beauty School to get my hair done and it cost a 1/3 of what other salons do. Pm me if you would like to chat or get some more ideas on how to save. Im a girly girl that has been doing this for a while and I love clothes and make up. xxkrissy

Guest S**a*Q

Hmmmm, not for me.

I'm tomboyish though, I don't usually wear makeup (maybe if I'm going out or something...), I never do my nails (I file them and stuff, but no polish), I get my hair cut like once a year, and normally it's my mom that does that. Hehe.

I don't think I need all that stuff to be hot, sexy, sultry whatever... That all comes from the inside, not the outside.

If I spend money on myself for looks... It's all on hair product hehehe, gel, and mousse to control the afro-do. And hair removal product... hehe. Oh, it's new perfume maybe :) but I don't think I need make up. I feel sexy all the time... and I forget I'm wearing it so I rub it all off my face most of the time. Lol!

For lingerie and stuff, I don't normally wear bras, but I like matching bra and panty sets, so... If I'm not wearing a bra, then the match to that would be... COMMANDO!!! Hehehe!

I wouldn't know what to spend a 1000$ on me, if I tried...

(I'd probably buy a motorbike... Heheheh!)

*(Holy crap, I just reread that... I'm way too low maintenance, I should live in a cave. hahahha)

A question for the girls...

Well, in any business you have to put money into it, to get money back. How much a month do you spend on maintenance. What is considered normal and what is considered over the top. What maintenance do you do? For example: nails, hair, facials, waxing, fitness and lingerie. Would you do this maintenance if you were not into the sex industry? For myself I love doing these small things. I'm getting board of my look and want to spice it up. So I'm thinking of getting an all over makeover. Which includes hair, nails and more lingerie. Which cold possibly come close to $1000 in total. Is this crazy or just a normal part of our job? Of course it has to be a little bit for you too. Do you agree?

Well not much. I eat as healthy as I can. Do my own peds and mans, buy more expensive condoms (non latex tends to be pricier)...but my weakness is lingerie and shoes/boots. :smile:

Since one of my favourite places to visit is Wicked Wanda's on Bank Street and La Senza, the toys and the clothes pretty much does in my spending. Ooooo we should do a shopping road trip!!

AND I listen to Dr Oz. I know you might find that silly but honestly, he has some pretty good body and skin ideas and realistically what you can expect at a, b, or c age with all parts of your body. He had one segment on kiegal muscles and how important they are for our female bits as we age.

A trick I did learn that is kind of weird is using Milk of Magnesia as a masque! It works. :shock:

Take a look

Additional Comments:

... and I forget I'm wearing it so I rub it all off my face most of the time. Lol!

*(Holy crap, I just reread that... I'm way too low maintenance, I should live in a cave. hahahha)

I forget all the time too and end up either rubbing it off, or sweating it off after a really good encounter! :69:

You're not low maintenance hun...you're fucking blessed! :D

I'm with Sara on this one, I'm way too low-maintenance, I just had my first hair-cut in a year, and my makeup lasts me forever!!! I had my first mani/pedi ever right before I went to vegas, the nails lasted about a week, and my pedi is still visible on my big toenails, hahahahha!

I do splurge a LOT on lingerie though, I can't walk past a la senza without walking in, and my friends had to literally drag me out of Victorias Secret in Vegas. There is just way too much adorable leopard/zebra print stuff available these days, I want it ALL!!!!!!! It's a good/bad thing there is no VS here in Ottawa, I'd be broke! But damn I'd look cute :D

Perfect, saves time to get to the main event,plus you look great in commando :)

If I'm not wearing a bra, then the match to that would be... COMMANDO!!! Hehehe!

I fell way more confident when i am well groomed!

It is expensive and it takes forever to get it donne, hours in the spa.

But once i am donne, i fell like a million dollar

and i think confidence it is a very attractive characteristic.

For lingerie and stuff, I don't normally wear bras, but I like matching bra and panty sets, so... If I'm not wearing a bra, then the match to that would be... COMMANDO!!! Hehehe!

Commando....isnt that normal? Stopped wearing them years ago. Panties are for temporary wearage and pics! ;)

Additional Comments:

I fell way more confident when i am well groomed!

It is expensive and it takes forever to get ready

But once i am ready i fell like a million dollar

and i think confidence it is a very attractive characteristic, especailly for the males, they love it!

Ahh but being well groomed is a relevant term, and really has nothing to do with confidence imo. You either have it or not. But I do agree that when I look my best it is a little boost! :smile:

Commando....isnt that normal? Stopped wearing them years ago. Panties are for temporary wearage and pics! ;)

Additional Comments:

Ahh but being well groomed is a relevant term, and really has nothing to do with confidence imo. You either have it or not. But I do agree that when I look my best it is a little boost! :smile:

Chanel!

I agree with you!

Confidence comes from many places one of them it is been loved by our parents and families

but mostly from going to school and doing my home work

I am refering to the fact that after i went to the

all Women's college at Concordia University in Montreal. I became more confident

about public speaking, or stand out for myself.

I dont have difficult entertaning a converssation with anyone.

Women who have been loved by their dad, are much much nicer and if you have been loved

by both even better!

Unfortunately most fathers have been emotionally abscent, in fact too many!

• Like 4

Guest s******ecan****

Interesting thread, and a reminder to clients that SP's have overhead to consider when running their business. I think too many clients just view the donation as 100% profit, when in fact there are a lot of expenses from personal grooming, to phone charges, advertising, internet access, condoms, lube, motuhwash etc etc etc.......

Also I would expect in most cases the SP's do not benefit from any B2B pricing for any of these supplies but instead typically pay full retail mark up (sales and big box aside etc) because of the nature of the business.

Interesting thread, and a reminder to clients that SP's have overhead to consider when running their business. I think too many clients just view the donation as 100% profit, when in fact there are a lot of expenses from personal grooming, to phone charges, advertising, internet access, condoms, lube, motuhwash etc etc etc.......

Also I would expect in most cases the SP's do not benefit from any B2B pricing for any of these supplies but instead typically pay full retail mark up (sales and big box aside etc) because of the nature of the business.

One of the most important and yes, stessful part for some of the Ladies who's sole income is being an SP...

• Rent/Mortgage
  • Food
  • Utilities
  • Clothing
  • Car payments/Loans
  • Phone(s)
  • Perhaps a family
  • Personal Entertainment
  • and anything else anyone else uses their income for.

As for discounts...someone let me know!! :shock:

I agree with Cleo Catra. Nice people have been raised by two-parent families, single mothers, singles fathers, gay couples, aunts or uncles or grandparents, etc. To suggest otherwise is quite offensive in my view.

It is not just the

Make up but also, the:

Manicure

Pedicure

The Hotel

The advertising

The Phone

Our Hair

The condons

The Lube

The Gloves

The New Photo Shooting

The Out Fits for the photo shooting

The Photographer

This business it is expensive when we care about what we do.

I think there is a common misconception in the sex industry. That the girls weren't loved by their fathers/family and needed to be hugged more as children. This to me sound ignorant. As there are many happy healthy sp's out there. Who have supportive families. I don't think confidence comes from going to university. Is is something that only one can teach themselves. Or something that has to be praticed throughout a lifetime. As one may be confidant in one part in their life and not so much in another part in their life. I think no matter how confident one person may be. In the sex industry is is expected to some level. For the service provider to be well taken care of. To me that means there is some money being spent into this. I wanted to start a conversation about how much it costs you as an sp. To also find out what is considered normal and what is considered over the top.

I'm in my seventh year of post-secondary education (graduated from university in 2007) and I while it gave me knowledge and certain skills, I can't say it increased my confidence. On the other hand, stripping certainly did!

Guest S**a*Q
Chanel!

I agree with you!

Confidence comes from been loved by our parents and families

but mostly from going to school and doing your home work

and your papers.

Nothing gives a woman more confidence then University studies.

Whoa... I take offense to that one.. I know you don't mean it, but I struggled through being too smart in college... I don't have papers, but I am more well versed, more socially accepted and more understood than people with papers. I think that confidence comes from self-esteem. If you get self-esteem from "papers" then awesome. I'm no pedigree, but I can say that my self-esteem and confidence is bursting at the seams.

I've done my homework, but that's in building relationships and understanding people. No one's offered me a Masters degree in sociology, but I think that the time I've spent getting to know people in general, allows me a better understanding of a person's mind, than someone that studied in University, and learned everything from a book.

I haven't taken business in school, I have no papers to what I've done for the past ten years, but my business knowledge from practice in the industry is what pushed me to finally buy my own corporation.

Being loved, and loving yourself, is what builds confidence. Knowing where you belong in society and having the knowledge and balls to back up your ideologies is what builds confidence...

I am the most confident person, why? Because I can form a bond with anyone, on any topic and get the result that I choose...

That's confidence. ;)

1. get some more pics done; perhaps from a professonal. If no good photographers in Ottawa, maybe 2 or 3 girls could make an arrangement with one from Montreal. I've seen some from Benito & they were fabulous.

2. maybe change/update in call location; not a full make over just a new picture or piece of furniture.

3. if you want to change your look, change your hair colour. Maybe let it grow longer. If its normally long & straight, put some curls in.

4. shoes [zappos.com]

5. fitness

6. healthy eating

just my 2 cents

My fantasy look: girl wearing very high heels, long soft black pants at normal waist [not hip huggers] and plunging right to 1/2 inch off floor, black lacy push up bra, and either black accent arm band, neck band or hair band.

Before I give my opinion on what the thread is about I would suggest the ones to differ with Amanda's or anyone else's point of view to start a new thread on that topic, i.e. 'Are SP's with no father presence in their lives as happy and confident as SP's that have/had a father in their childhood?' Then everyone including Amanda can comment on that and this perhaps will avoid the original topic of a thread fading.

Anyway for what I understood Peachy meant expenses that are work-related (investment) If I am correct then I guess some of the ones in this list do not apply IMO

• Rent/Mortgage unless if like Megan you rent a place exclusively for appointments.

• Food
  • Utilities
  • Clothing
  • Car payments/Loans
  • Phone(s)
  • Perhaps a family
  • Personal Entertainment
  • and anything else anyone else uses their income for.

As for discounts...someone let me know!! :shock:

Now back to the original topic please...

Agree :)

So yes, I think is always good to put effort/money to the business based on your personality and also possibilities. A lady with expenses like a family, school tuition, books, etc or responsibilities like those may not be able to invest same as a single lady that perhaps is done school or does not study currently and has no family. However, as some have mentioned that's why there's services/articles for different budgets and in the end IMO is always good attitude that counts the most.

I in particular take care of myself/looks, eat healthy (which do not consider 100% an expense for this since I have to eat anyway ;)) try to have little treats for the gents that visit me and something that I think has not been mentioned is the cost for hotel room. Probably I'm the one out of topic now as Peachy was talking about expenses for personal maintenance?? Hmmm ... See guys? Changing topics confuses ppl, better stop typing :oops:

I think confidence it is attractive and lack of it unatractive.

When we are confident from within litle things do not bother us.

If University studies does not work for everyone. I am so sorry!

When i have a bunch of no shows all day i become

very insecure and my aesthetic confidence goes away!

Luckly it has not happen lately!

Amanda,

as with most topics of discussion you are veering the subject off topic. The thread was about expenses and you are bringing up confidence, father figures and education. If you want to discuss this start a new thread and don't hijack someone else's.

If everyone here is so confident!

How come my posts get some of you so defensive?

When we are confident from within litle things do not bother us.

Yes confidence comes from many different places.

We can be confident sexually or insecure.

We can have emotional confidence when we lucky enough to be around loving caring people when we were babies.

Attending University raised my intellectual confidence.

If University studies does not work for everyone. I am so sorry!

We can have confidence about our looks and about our bodies and some of us dont.

When i went to Halifax and Moncton It raised my confidence

about travelling for this business!

Had i stayed in Montreal i would still fell insecure about

going to work out of town.

When i have a bunch of no shows all day i become

very insecure and my aesthetic confidence goes away!

Luckly it has not happen lately!

• Like 7

Amanda careful what you ask for. I will address the elphant in the room and say that for some one who claims to be so well educated your spelling and grammar are horrible, it's embarrassing that you flaunt your higher education the way you do yet you can not spell the simplest words.

Also for someone who is so intelligent, it's amazing that you don't understand how your comments could upset people so easily. Confidence has nothing to do with being on the receiving end of some of your thoughtless and hurtful comments, to say that women who where loved by their fathers are nicer is just plain ridiculous. Finally you have a real annoying habit of taking over other peoples threads, it's called highjacking and it's rude, or are you just too smart to understand that ?

NOTE: AMANDA ASKED WHY PEOPLE GET SO DEFENSIVE ABOUT HER POSTS, but has since edited that remark, also not cool. My comments still stand and I know I speak for many.

ONCE AGAIN AMANDA HAS EDITED HER COMMENTS with no explanation, making my comments and others look like uncalled for attacks on her. Let it stand for the record AMANDA asked why we were all so defensive, I ANSWERED.

Edited by Cowboy kenny
UPDATED INFO
  • Like 8

Peachy, I think that getting a makeover is a great idea, especially with new photos! Can't wait to see them! There are always ways to save on certain things if you needed to, but it is often nice to splurge and have a professional do it instead!

For me average monthly expenditures on work-related beauty include:

$140- Gel Nails/pedicures

$50- Makeup & Body Beauty*

$40-Haircare*

$30- Lingerie

*(more than what I would normally spend)

=$360 a month

My figures might be conservative as I am a bit high-maintenance regardless of being in the business or not, tanning/makeup/ hair products/fitness/etc. Apart from your upcoming makeover, how much do you spend monthly Peachy?

Bethany

Xoxox