Impressed by cerb mod

Are the MODs on this site actually that good? It seems like they do an excellent job regulating not only the content of each thread, but also redirecting threads that are placed in the wrong forum. I'm incredibly impressed with their diligence on protecting the integrity of this site and its purpose.

• Like 1

The moderators do the moving but it's the members of our community that make it this way.

We have installed scripts into the site that allow general members to FLAG posts with a explanation why. Every POST and PM has a icon at the top right that looks like this...

report.gif

When posts are placed in the wrong area or for any reason need our attention our faithful members let us know about it. So yes, the mods do the moving but the diligence is in our members and they deserve the credit for this.

Anything flagged goes into a MODERATORS queue for review and we try to log in at least a few times a day to keep on top of it all.

Mod, I would have to disagree. If the Mod did not run an incredibly tight ship, CERB would be where every other board is. It's like a family home, someone has to be the adult until everyone learns how to behave appropriately and then snap a towel when someone forgets the rules. I'm not kissing ass, I have seen members on CERB on other boards and their behavior is not nearly what it is here. MOD has set a high standard for acceptable behavior and the community are grown to reflect the positive stance he has implemented. As for the daily diligence, yes it is remarkable and very much appreciated.

cat

• Like 3

I have admined a board the size of CERB, and having had this experience, I'm just floored at how well-run CERB is. I don't know how they do it.

actually right now we do have two mods. I am testing out the abilities to have multiple mods working together as part of the new council plan. trying to iron out the bugs and get some solid plan in place... but yes usually it's just me.