I'm a bit of an exercise enthusiast and I'm willing to try different things like wall climbing, trail biking, hiking, jogging, boxing, ironman sex, etc...but do you think it's possible for us guys to take up pole dancing without looking like we've stripped a gear?

Question for the ladies - has anyone actually tried this?...I hear it's incredibly physical and builds strength and endurance. I just don't know if anyone's developed more ummmmm, manly moves on the device.

Question for the guys - would anyone have the stones to actually try it?

If there's any question about how it can build fitness, take a look at the acrobats and dancers from Circ du Soleil...they use the same principals.

I have pole danced before at a strip club when I was in my 20's. It was only for fun and my buddies asked the manager if I could strip for the girls. My friends and I were the only customers and the girls would not go up and dance for only 3 guys unless one of us did first. The luck of the shortest straw was pulled and I lost(or won I don't know which way you want to look at it) so up I went and I can tell you it is not easy.

I respect any girls that goes up them poles for a show.

Well--I have tried the `pole dance` in workouts--tried being the operative word here.

Suffice it to say that the pole and I didn`t synchronize well together and I looked for other methods/props for workouts.

I wonder if there's any place here in Ottawa that teaches it?

I know I would totally FAIL the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc time trying, but I don't give up so easily. I need to build-up my core muscles, so I'm willing to look like a moron for awhile. Do you think the girls would laugh at me?

I have seen one near 1460 Cyrville Rd., Gloucester. Or I think antlerman gives night courses on that but only 2 nights a week, PM him to find out more.

I have seen one near 1460 Cyrville Rd.' date=' Gloucester. Or I think antlerman gives night courses on that but only 2 nights a week, PM him to find out more.[/quote']

Antlerman? - are you pulling my member?

You have to watch this! I'm surprised no one else has posted it :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HPa2onPT3Y&feature=related

LOL!! I'm laughing so hard I can't see straight!!! Awesome link!!!!

Additional Comments:

I think its a great idea to see men doin it as well

it is a great workout proving to be one of the best

for endurance and strength.

I love to dance mind you it take alot of strengt and pratice

but once learned you get really into it and no

longer look at it as exercise, its more fun.

I was thinking of going to pole dancing classes

i looked some up on google and checked them out and they look

great, I know the basics and some fun pole

tricks but they teach you so much stuff and i think

it will be a great way to stay in shape this winter

best luck hope you join i dont think youll regret it

its a multi gender exercise i have seen men do it to

:)

You? 'thinking of taking a class?! Babe, you should be TEACHING the class :mrgreen:

LOL!! I'm laughing so hard I can't see straight!!! Awesome link!!!!

You should see the whole episode :mrgreen:. It's so funny! Carrie (in the show) is so awful at pole dancing lol.

Antlerman? - are you pulling my member?

no....but you might have it caught against the pole in the inverted down slide.....

Question for the guys - would anyone have the stones to actually try it?

well.....I have not found a pole made out of titanium core wrapped in epoxy carbon fiber with the smooth brass finish yet.....I need that to support my weight....heheheheh

But I do dance around with my pole all the time.....does that count?

Guest C*****tte

My friend Veronica in Toronto is a pole dancing teacher. If anyone has been with her they know she is in incredible shape - athletic but extremely feminine. She has had men in her classes and I have seen the results. Great fitness.

You definitely want to inquire with a teacher first to make sure men are welcomed. Some classes are for women only as a way of helping women get in touch with their sensuality.

no....but you might have it caught against the pole in the inverted down slide.....

well.....I have not found a pole made out of titanium core wrapped in epoxy carbon fiber with the smooth brass finish yet.....I need that to support my weight....heheheheh

But I do dance around with my pole all the time.....does that count?

It must be one hellova pole if you can stand it on the floor and dance around it. I am a true servant oh, pole master :motion: