Voice, personality and attraction...

A woman's voice can be one of the most attractive traits she can have. While attraction between two human beings involves all five senses, visual attraction is perhaps the dominant sense in our society today. But for me, a woman's voice can make even the most attractive woman unattractive if it the tone is abrasive, too loud or lacking in harmony. Or, an attractive voice can make a woman I would not normally notice, into someone I would like to get to know.

They say that our eyes are windows into our souls, but a woman's voice can also be a kind of window into her heart and mind. I find a deep connection between how a woman speaks, in terms of tone, pace, volume, accent and musicality, with her personality. A woman's voice can speak to her self-confidence, respect, values, sense of humour, and intelligence.

Of course, beyond the voice is what the person says. The words we choose to speak and how they are presented can tell others about our interests, prejudices and personal history.

While I have presented this from the male point of view, it would be interesting to hear from both sexes on the question of how a person's voice affects your perception of them in general and more specifically, in terms of their attractiveness?

"I love hearing you talk. Your voice is soothing and sexy and just the thought of hearing you puts a smile on my face" (Source unknown)

• Like 5

I'm not going to get into great scientific details, but have you ever heard of ASMR? (

and many more on Youtube)

Also, having a men whispering with a deep voice next to my ear is making my legs weak...

• Like 1

Guest st*****ens**ors

As in so many things, enthusiasm and genuineness matter more to me than any one specific quality your voice might have, or you might learn to imitate. Just be yourself. I'm more likely to be attracted to a girl whose laugh is unexpectedly broken with a snort, but is unabashedly herself, than to one who purrs "baby" in an overt attempt to sound like a seductress.

Be yourself. Why do we complicate these things?

...that said, if you like to sing, I'd love to hear it :)

One of the steps to see me is to give me a call at my indicated location for my address and directions... anyways, on more than one occasion, I've had clients book who are in their early 50s, or 60s, where they're voice sounds like a real prime mid-30 year old handsome man, radio voice. My knees, heart, and body get all weak from the voice on the other end of the phone.

When they arrive, I am admiring their voice so much I forget about what I am suppose to do. ;) I usually say, "you have a very amazing voice, you sound like you are younger, mid-30s." A great laugh about voice.

For me, a voice like that, I just, I can sit in a chair all day and hear them talk all day, drooling all over myself and onto the floor. Admirable.

I do agree, that some voices are just, drop dead sexy and I want them to stay longer and just talk. It's amazing.

I've heard voices that are so deep that it was also sexy, more like a protective tone but soothing at the same time. A voice I can just snuggle beside and be rocked to sleep.

The more feminine voices are more upbeat and high energy, for me that is always amazing. Upbeat and high energy time! ;)

The neutral voices are just neutral to me, they don't fit anywhere. Usually, if their voice isn't what is doing it for me, it's something else about them.

Voice isn't the go to thing for me, I do notice it, but it's not always the first thing I notice. I notice the whole person. How they are dressed when they see me (don't get me started on the full suit businessman *hot*), their facial structure, body, everything else. I also notice how they act towards me, I can usually tell if they are introvert or extrovert, how their body language is showing, the slightest body movement. I notice about everything when a client walks in. I could write every single detail about a client from the time they arrive to when they leave, I am just really aware and notice a lot about someone.

• Like 1

Voice is definitely a component of attractiveness. If you have any doubt, I leave you with this:

• Like 3

Guest *Ste***cque**

I like a throaty type voice. I do agree with stillopensdoor in that it has to be your natural voice, not an affectation. I also prefer a warm, kind and genuine personality. Rude, shallow people turn me off.

I agree with stillopensdoors about how singing can really bring a voice to life - although singing isn't a necessity for appreciating a voice.

One of my all time favourite performers, Jesse Winchester, even has a song about it:

And here he is sharing the stage with two other beautiful voices - Bonnie Raitt and Emmylou Harris:

• Like 1

For me It be sound and touch.

To me females are an easier example of this, as women are much softer in so many ways. oh and of course smell freaking yummy.

Besides that it all comes down to connection. One thing I have always enjoyed with my suitors is when they held my hand. I enjoy the connection people can have and is also a reason why I enjoy catering to couples as they have such a deep connection that they are willing to share with me.

• Like 2

I always like to hear a man's voice before I decide to meet with them. Because of my strong intuition and psychic abilities, I pick up on their voice and I am ALWAYS right. This is ultimately my deciding factor in meeting someone just as other ladies have a screening policy.. this is mine after speaking with a person for a few minutes. I have this one type of voice that I love hearing in a man. It's not too deep but certainly not high pitched either. lol. It has to have some cheerfulness because a positive attitude is important to me.

If it turns me off or I don't like what I hear even if they sound nice (something may be off for me), I will not see them and decline for whatever reason. With the voices, I just seem to know who I will be dealing with right down to their characteristics and the type of person they are. When they sound very outgoing, that's a huge turn on for me because I'm outgoing. They say not to judge a book by its cover but the voice gives it away all the time. Good or bad.

I have made assumptions a few times where the person may have sounded monotone or not appealing but they turned out to be nice and perhaps just shy and introverted. However, something else that may be unsavory about a person always catches my attention and I listen to my instincts with that.

Myself, I have been blessed with a voice that usually catches people off guard with them either saying to me "Is this Nicki?" and they later tell me that my voice caught them by surprise because it's a very sweet, innocent sounding voice but also sexy as I've been told many times.

Back in the old days when I had a home phone, telemarketers would call and say to me "Hi, are your parents home?" to which I would respond "Yes, just a minute" and then I'd leave the phone down on the table and continue cooking dinner. lol.

I have a terribly young sounding voice and I have also worked in the past as a phone sex operator when I was going to school. I did very well with that.

• Like 1

Do you remember the first time you heard your recorded voice? The reaction is usually that I did not know my voice sounded like that!

Interesting that Nicolette says her voice sounds very young. I knew a lady (not her) who I swore was underage on the phone. In fact she was in her late 30s. Her mother also had a preternaturally young voice

• Like 1

Do you remember the first time you heard your recorded voice? The reaction is usually that I did not know my voice sounded like that!

Yes, I sound like a teenager! lol.

Actually I once dated a guy years ago when I was about 18 or 19 when I had my own first crappy apartment with my voice recorded on the landline. He initially dialed the wrong number and told him so when he asked for someone but then he kept calling from the same number from time to time never leaving a message on my voicemail.

Finally I picked up one day and he said he liked the sound of my voice on the answering machine so much that he was wondering if we could meet. I spent some time talking to him on the phone first eventually meeting at a coffee shop. He turned out to also being a student around my age and very cute.

We briefly dated on a casual basis and lost touch when I left that apartment and got rid of that phone number.

Hearing Beyoncé's voice, while she's speaking, makes me want to be a better man ;)

So yes Voice definitely plays a part...

Don't even get me started on accents...

• Like 1