It is so sad to watch that city burning to the ground, its absolutely gutting. It is times like this where we all pull together to help those around us in need - and helping out when and how we can.

Thoughts and prayers are with all those in, from and working in Fort Mac.

xoox

Emily

• Like 2

Thank you for this post and for the link. It's indeed a very unfortunate event. Perhaps we can use this link and start tweeting it with a hashtag to get it to those who follow us that may not be reading this? I don't have a lot of followers yet but if someone or a couple of people who do start it I'll make sure to RT.

Additional Comments:

Found the hashtag being used #FortMacFire

• Like 2

Also Sobey's is accepting donations. Donations received will support the Red Cross efforts in Fort McMurray with Sobey's matching donations made

Only found out by accident, had to pick up coffee for tomorrow morning, and...well a donation made

One thing about this, at least for me, I grocery shop frequently, so frequent donations will be made

RG

• Like 1

My father is working in kearl lake right now , about an hour north of Fort mac .so far it is business as usual for them there , thankfully . They can see the smoke as he has emailed a few photos . We have made donations through the local union in Edmonton .

• Like 1