Try Humphry Inn & Suites in Main street or Holiday Inn and Suites On Portage which is downtown amd very nice. If you are flying in the Sandman is close to the airport and has a nice atmosphere.

• Like 1

Flying or driving I think a s p is better off around airport than downtown. I often will choose between adds based on parking availability and also if I think my car would be damaged. I have had vehicles broken into twice in the downtown. If I do go downtown I like to make sure my car is empty or I park in a parkade

• Like 1

I parked at the Radisson and it was $17!!! Sheesh...places by Polo or the airport are free and easy to access.

• Like 1

Clever? No, I certainly won't be posting where I am staying. Just looking for suggestions and advice. I have booked my hotel so thank you all very much for your input . See you next month!

The Sandman staff gives a snobbish attitudes if they know a single woman traveller is an SP. Yup been there once to meet someone from GOE and she told me about it. Plus they told me to walk down to SStore to use the payphone in the winter. My phone ran out juice to find room#.

Sandman does require a key card to get to the higher floors. The elevators are too close to the front desk as well. Saw someone at Courtyard Marriott and it was a nice place and more 'friendly' than Sandman.