what is your favorite 1980s comedy movie?

"The God's Must Be Crazy". I loved the slapstick and awkwardness of the relationship between the Teacher and the Scientist.

Guest al****s

ahhhh....Pretty in Pink...good old Duckie...it's funny...that movie was on TV not too long ago and I watched a bit of it...I had seen it many times before, but it wasn't until this time that I went "Hey...that's Alan!!"

And how about Pretty in Pink when Jon Cryer (of Two and Half Men), played Duckie... opposite Molly Ringwald.

So many to choose from, but my top two would be "The Goonies" and "The Burbs"

I can't even tell you how many times I've watched these two movies. The Burbs is totally one of my go-to films if I can't think of anything else to watch.

Raising Arizona

Blues Brothers

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Lethal Weapon

Beverly Hills Cop

A Fish Called Wanda

National Lampoon's Vacation

Ghost Busters

When Harry Met Sally

This is Spinal Tap

YES RAISING ARIZONA. Love love love.

Damnit, Cry-Baby was made in 1990. SO CLOSE.

Woo, Beetlejuice for the win (1988 )

I can't even tell you how many times I've watched these two movies. The Burbs is totally one of my go-to films if I can't think of anything else to watch.

YES RAISING ARIZONA. Love love love.

Damnit, Cry-Baby was made in 1990. SO CLOSE.

Woo, Beetlejuice for the win (1988 )

Berlin - Winona Ryder's character - I can so picture it - you as an adolescent!

They should have a sequel to it where she's grown up and encounters Beetlejuice again or her daughter encounters him or his son or something along those lines - I'm sure Michael Keaton could pull off the character again. I know a guy who went as him for Halloween. Won best costume that year!

Guest G***f******

Ya know, the first time I visited your website, and saw your blog entry about being up all night playing Civilization, I knew we'd have a lot in common. :)

Berlin - Winona Ryder's character - I can so picture it - you as an adolescent!

They should have a sequel to it where she's grown up and encounters Beetlejuice again or her daughter encounters him or his son or something along those lines - I'm sure Michael Keaton could pull off the character again. I know a guy who went as him for Halloween. Won best costume that year!

I know, I agree, I want more Beetlejuice. I've been watching the old cartoon Beetlejuice on youtube (hooray for youtube!). That and I just finished watching He-Man and She-Ra: Secret of the Sword again. The child in me really really really misses the 80's.

I know some of these have already been mentioned but I just had to mention them again. Ghostbusters, Ferris Buellers Day Off, Revenge of the Nerds, National Lampoons Christmas Vacation and Spaceballs!

For me it has to be: TOP SECRET

I am not sure if "the naked gun" was in this area, but these 3 movies were a lot of fun.

-- Bruce