Horrible Movies Let's Save Eachother Time!

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Knock Knock

Terrible movie, start to finish.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Tonight I saw the latest Stephen King movie adaptation called Cell

Such a disappointment; an enjoyable Stephen King novel, starring two of my favorite actors Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack, but a really terrible movie.

Tonight I saw the latest Stephen King movie adaptation called Cell

Such a disappointment; an enjoyable Stephen King novel, starring two of my favorite actors Samuel L. Jackson and John Cusack, but a really terrible movie.

Stephen King is a goldmine for bad adaptations! Pet Sematary remains one of my least favourite movies - wooden acting, stilted dialogue, horrid effects, and to add insult to injury, Stephen wrote the script himself! Fred Gwynne was phenomenal as Jud Crandall, though. Like he stepped right out of the book and on screen.

• Like 1

Guest Prufrock Cummings
Stephen King is a goldmine for bad adaptations! Pet Sematary remains one of my least favourite movies - wooden acting, stilted dialogue, horrid effects, and to add insult to injury, Stephen wrote the script himself! Fred Gwynne was phenomenal as Jud Crandall, though. Like he stepped right out of the book and on screen.

Agreed, most of them are bad adaptations, but there have also been a few gems like The Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me. But for the most part there are some really truly horrible adaptations! I'm thinking especially of the one he directed with the trucks...name escapes me, I think it might have been called Maximum Overdrive.

Generally... any of the die hard movies.... ugh... die hard.. die hard 2... die hard with a vengeance... just die already ;)

or... any movie with Steven Seagal in it... flat, monotone voice.. beady lil eyes .. and people with teeny foreheads freak me out hehe

• Like 1

Agreed, most of them are bad adaptations, but there have also been a few gems like The Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me. But for the most part there are some really truly horrible adaptations! I'm thinking especially of the one he directed with the trucks...name escapes me, I think it might have been called Maximum Overdrive.

Yes It was called Maximum Overdrive and was based on the short-story/Novella called Trucks. Maybe its because I was so young when I saw it or maybe its because I have an appreciation for the comedy in certain low-budget 80s movies, but I actually liked that one. lol I also liked Langoliers which was made for TV and starred Belky from Perfect Strangers as the crazy Mr. Craig Toomey. But other than that yeah there were a LOT of baaaaad S.King adaptations for sure! I know most would have these two on the list but I actually liked them. I read The Langoliers (also a novella, I believe from Four Past Midnight (not sure) but I never read Trucks. I think the sure winner of this thread so far is Cell. Its been named many times lol. I actually thought everyone was referring to another Cell that I believe starred J Lo and was absolutely stoooopid. lol

Additional Comments:

Generally... any of the die hard movies.... ugh... die hard.. die hard 2... die hard with a vengeance... just die already ;)

or... any movie with Steven Seagal in it... flat, monotone voice.. beady lil eyes .. and people with teeny foreheads freak me out hehe

No wonder you like me! My forehead is MASSIVE! More like a fivehead. Hence the Betty Paige bangs lol...hiding my shame.

Ooooh I need to add Sleep-away Camp really bad 80s horror movie...stupid as hell but not in the bad-80s-movie comical way... just plain BAD

As an avid fan of Stephen King (and yes, it was from Four Past Midnight)... I am aware of perrrhaps a strange quirk of his that make his movies (most of them, anyway) tacky/bad... he does it on *purrrrpose*..

The king is afraid of the dark and all the things in it!! (makes his wife turn/leave the bathroom light and/or hallway light on so things can't find and get him lol!) so.. by making his movies tacky... they are in no way 'believable' hehe too funny I thought.

His best works, by far... (not for this thread, but.. still) is pretty much anything written under Richard Bachman (Bachman Books - a collection written between age 17!! and midway through college!)

and yes.... Cell.. 'starring' JLo... although interesting concept.. was a veeeery baaaad movie most of hers are actually... now that I think of it.... imagine.. steven seagal AND j bl0w in the same movie HAHA! ;)

As an avid fan of Stephen King (and yes, it was from Four Past Midnight)... I am aware of perrrhaps a strange quirk of his that make his movies (most of them, anyway) tacky/bad... he does it on *purrrrpose*..

The king is afraid of the dark and all the things in it!! (makes his wife turn/leave the bathroom light and/or hallway light on so things can't find and get him lol!) so.. by making his movies tacky... they are in no way 'believable' hehe too funny I thought.

His best works, by far... (not for this thread, but.. still) is pretty much anything written under Richard Bachman (Bachman Books - a collection written between age 17!! and midway through college!)

and yes.... Cell.. 'starring' JLo... although interesting concept.. was a veeeery baaaad movie most of hers are actually... now that I think of it.... imagine.. steven seagal AND j bl0w in the same movie HAHA! ;)

Cool thanks for sharing! Ya I love most of his movies, you have to go into it with a certain mind set and just await his cameo. Also not for this thread but a little-known great one (which many would add to this list for the low budget puppetry.. alas it was made for TV) is ROSE RED! I love it! Great story. Ok enough hijacking this thread... lets see back to bad one... Oh ya, I agree the Segal J Blow match would be hell! And I too was attracted to the plot of that Cell but it was dreadful... Ok baaaaad movies....

Live Freaky Die Freaky it is with a heavy heart that I submit this monstrosity! I first heard of it when I was a kid in '97. It sounded fantastic. It was in the concept stage and was going to star a mixture of original and new-at-the-time punk musicians who I greatly admire. The plot was MEANT to be a post-nuclear-war future where generations of the few survivors lived underground. Religion and history were 100% non-existent. Finally it was safe to venture out to the surface and nothing was scene for miles but desert. They stumble upon the book 'Helter Skelter' and misunderstood it since no one was there to offer context and it basically became their bible... nice premise right? It was to be narrated by Tim Armstrong, have Donita Sparks play Sharon Tate, Joey and I believe Marky Ramone, Lars Frederikson and Matt Freeman as a detectives.. I think Joe Strummer was supposed to be in it too... in the end, a good 7 years after it was supposed to come out... it was still being narrated by Tim Armstrong (which is an interesting pick as he has a speech impediment due to a stroke he suffered from past alcoholism) and the opening scene of stumbling upon Helter Skelter was the same but that's where the similarities to what it was said to be, ended. Billy-Joe Armstrong of Green Day, Kelly Osborne, the guys from the 15 min "punk" band called "Good Charlotte" (remember them? lol) and some other people replaced the Ramones (albeit now deceased but they could've picked any of the hundreds of living legends to replace them) and the worst part is.. after that opening scene... inexplicably it turned into a horrible, college student, BAAAAAD B-movie, stop animation, puppet show that made absolutely no sense, had really dumb dialogue that I THINK was meant to be comedic.. I couldn't even finish it BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD BAD I was SO annoyed. I waited at the edge of my seat for SEVEN YEARS and I can still feel the spit dripping off my face. I actually considered confronting Tim Armstrong about it next time Rancid came to town on tour but it wasn't his fault and he's given us Rock N Roll Theatre Dante so I can forgive him not dropping out of this low brow stupidity. DO NOT WATCH LIVE FREAKY DIE FREAKY unless you are trying to shake off a bad date. Put it on and tell said bad date that this movie is your life and they wont call you again. BAD!!!! I could've just said the name but its SO bad that I had to explain why. Plus I wanted to express that it was made so much worse by the (underground) hype and awe-inspiring disappointment! BLEKH!

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Allegiant

so embarrassingly terrible! when they got scooped up in the safety bubble and flew in the hover-ship, I wanted to hide my head in shame, the effects were terrible! I hope that the series is finally over!

The CoreAn incredibly stupidly idiotic so un-scientifically sound film, it cant even be called sci-fi cuz its just silly. Its one of those 'The world goes boom' movies as I call them (apocalyptic). I cant remember exactly what was wrong but it had something to do with the Earth's core over-heating so... *snigger* they devised a plan to...*chuckles* GET THIS... *much mirth* build some sort of a vessel with a mysterious element that could withstand not only the heat of the Earth's core but also withstand the crushing power OF THE PLANETS PLATES as they dug through, right down to the core to do something or other that would cool the core down or something. It was so dumb... you might actually want to watch it as it makes for great pick-up conversation...lol That's about all its good for.

• Like 1

Infected - Oh my! fairly positive this piece of garbage is only a made for tv... but wow.. soooo bad!!! Isabella Rossellini ... that beautiful woman... must be desperate.. plays an alien who is here, with others of course, to take over the earth by infecting our water.... and actually had tentacles shoot out of her sweater( fembot style lol) and tried to strangle the 'heros' with them.. lol oh my brain!! owwwww!! such bad acting ....

• Like 1

Saw Hardcore Henry, wished I hadn't. That's ninety minutes I won't get back. First person perspective is interesting, but gets old in a hurry. Predictable story with an unsurprising twist that everyone saw coming. Like I said, predictable.

Wait for it on a streaming service or the movie channel if you must see it. But be prepared to be disappointed.

• Like 1

ALL films featuring Adam Sandler (yes, every single one)... I've tried so, so hard to love him but he somehow manages to spoil otherwise "moderately ok-ish" plots :(

Guest Prufrock Cummings
ALL films featuring Adam Sandler (yes, every single one)... I've tried so, so hard to love him but he somehow manages to spoil otherwise "moderately ok-ish" plots :(

I wholeheartedly agree, but with one exception, Punch Drunk Love. It's amazing the performance that a good director can get out of a poor actor.

Guest st*****ens**ors

The Secret Life of Pets was drivel. There are such good kid's movies being made today; why does drek continue to be churned out??

And again....I seem to feel my lovely brain required some undue.torture today....not much on TV during the day when one hates.soap operas and <ahem>..*reality* shows.....so I had Super Collier on in the background in the prrrrivate den today.....ugh!!

Sooooooo horrendously bad....I can't even begin.to explain.....still shuddering.....wondering if my brain will forgive me....*sigh*

• Like 1

I absolutely have to add Frozen to this list. I'm extremely confused because as someone mentioned before, there is no shortage of fantastic kids' movies but this one was just dreadful and what has me so perplexed is that apparently this blob of boringness was the most profitable animated Disney movie ever! Like...wtf???? Total garbage. Anti-climatic...lazy writing... the song was beyond gay even by Disney-little-girl standards. Let it go Let it gooooo... ya I wish I could! BLEKH!

Additional Comments:

Triple 9? Really? I was about to watch that last night! The previews looked great. Awww that's a shame. :-( Now I have 2 movies on my laptop (Batman vs Superman, winner of ths thread, is the other) that are just sitting there. I don't think i'll bother with BvsS given the number of mentions here and the level of venom toward it, but I may still check out Triple 9 eventually. But thanks to your post, I'll at least be able to shut it off if I find it dumb in the first portion, instead of sitting through it in the hope itll get better. ;-)

Guest Prufrock Cummings
I absolutely have to add Frozen to this list. I'm extremely confused because as someone mentioned before, there is no shortage of fantastic kids' movies but this one was just dreadful and what has me so perplexed is that apparently this blob of boringness was the most profitable animated Disney movie ever! Like...wtf???? Total garbage. Anti-climatic...lazy writing... the song was beyond gay even by Disney-little-girl standards. Let it go Let it gooooo... ya I wish I could! BLEKH!

Additional Comments:

Triple 9? Really? I was about to watch that last night! The previews looked great. Awww that's a shame. :-( Now I have 2 movies on my laptop (Batman vs Superman, winner of ths thread, is the other) that are just sitting there. I don't think i'll bother with BvsS given the number of mentions here and the level of venom toward it, but I may still check out Triple 9 eventually. But thanks to your post, I'll at least be able to shut it off if I find it dumb in the first portion, instead of sitting through it in the hope itll get better. ;-)

The cast of Triple 9 was stellar (check out all the names, there are top-notch actors in it), and I really enjoy the heist-genre, but the movie just didn't do anything for me. A friend of mine had recommended it, so maybe it was just me; take your chances Jessy, maybe you will like it!

Man, I don't know if I'm just having crappy luck or if its the universe trying to give me content for this thread to stroke my ego (if that's the case Universe, I'm ok, the strokage is unnecessary) but Ive been coming across some really bad or blah movies of late. This one wasn't HORRIBLE per se.. just really anti-climatic and pointless. Ive seen it 100 times before but done better. Ok ya I guess it was bad but it wasn't to the point of pissing me off. That could be because halfway through I started to play plants & zombies which I haven't done in a while, so I was still entertained... that in itself says a lot lol The culprit was Sicario

The cast of Triple 9 was stellar (check out all the names, there are top-notch actors in it), and I really enjoy the heist-genre, but the movie just didn't do anything for me. A friend of mine had recommended it, so maybe it was just me; take your chances Jessy, maybe you will like it!

I know right? That's why I was surprised to read your post, I saw the trailer and all these greats are in it, types that are usually very picky what they are in... however, it wouldn't be a first. I think sometimes they are friends with the producer or director or don't want to piss him off for the next movie or perhaps the script is great but it just didn't translate on film. Ya, I still will check it out but as I said, whats great is, if I feel blah about it, I wont keep watching. I'll know I'm with you and go do something worthwhile. :-)

Guest Prufrock Cummings

Mutant World (2014). Quite possibly the worst movie I have ever seen; I want the last 90 minutes of my life back. It's so bad that I don't even want to describe it. All I will say is that during this "serious" horror movie, one of the characters broke into song on 4 different occasions.

Sigh... Here I am again... this is why I started this thread and I'm actually thinking that the ABF (association of Bad Films) has cursed me for starting it because it seems like every single movie Ive watched since starting this has SUCKED!!!

So here we go...

Last night I was in the mood for a great horror movie that was new to me. I should explain I have a buddy whos wife is also a horror buff and we exchanged movies thinking we'd brighten each other's lives. Thing is, we failed to specify SUB-genres. So while she enjoys slasher flicks (which do absolutely nothing for me. Man-With-Knife just doesn't scare me. Give me a gun, I'll take his ass out, there end of movie, roll credits) and I am into either psychological thrillers or the super-natural (gun wont help, theres no way to understand your stalker and you cant reason with it... now THATS scary to me. Ah well, to each their own). So I wasted only 15miin on the first stupidity but it annoyed me because it has the EXACT SAME name as another horror flick that came out merely a year later.

Now, I ask you... Who the hell does that? Who releases a movie that shares its title with on that came out a year before AND of the same genre???

Ugh, so when deciding which movie to watch, I checked the trailers out on youtube. And on called The Boy seemed right up my alley. A sick elderly couple who's son died kept a dummy-likeness of their son and hired a nanny to watch over him. They gave her a set of rules which they said were imperative to follow. Of course she doesn't and there's hell to pay as said dummy comes to life.. but not in a Chucky-comedic way... in a you-never-see-him-move-but-know-he-did way. Taking out 2 bags of rice chips to chose from and a glass of coke, I shut the lights and settled in...excited and nervous for whats to come. I end up with a movie that proceeded as quickly as peanut butter pours out of a jar (lol) of a lonely boy in the mountains with a dead-beat dad who owns a motel and nothing happened..just watching the kid mope around with no one to hang with. Clearly this wasn't the same movie so back to youtube I go to find the trailer for this dumb thing. Sure enough... sigh.. look, the only thing less scary to me than man-with-knife movies is 9-year-old-with-barehands-somehow-cutting-air-supply-of-adults-who-need-only-to-stand-up-and-say 'Wtf are you doing? We'll see what your father has to say about this' So ya...The Boy 2015 sucks and The Boy 2016still has my interest so I'm going to get it.

Oh but the night is still young...and I have these chips and this glass of coke... so I choose another one. This time a zombie movie. I figure I'm beyond the point of being frightened so fine, lets check out gross stuff and survival. I put on Maggie and... wow. Not so much a zombie movie as a movie with some zombies in it... actually worse.. if I were to pick the slogan for the preview it would be 'The humanity behind the biting'. Synopsis? Maggie is the governator's daughter who was bit. You don't see it happen, it starts with her in the hospital. This strain of Zombiatus has a loooooong incubation period of about 6-8 weeks (as though u ordered it online or something). During which the afflicted go home to be with their families until the disease or whatever (I'm assuming virus as they didn't bother explaining) takes hold, at which point the swat team comes to take you to quarantine where they basically let you eat each other..which of course you never see. Cuz you know, you might actually be entertained. Its basically 1.5hrs of feeling really bad for this beautiful teen girl who had her life stolen from her and her loving family who watch her slowly decompose. I'm not going to give away the ending..in case you are somehow planning to watch it but I assure you its awful and anti-climatic. The sort of ending where you say, 'It better not end here...it better no.... Awwww f**k off! REALLY?!?!?!" Horrible. So ya I had myself a nice double-header-time-waster last night and I beg you all to value your life and the time you have left on this earth enough to not squander it on either The Boy 2015or Maggie BAD BAD BAD BAD!!!! I actually said to myself 'I need to visit my thread on lyla tomorrow'. Sorry it was long-winded but I wanted you to comprehend what a lame night I had.

Guest Prufrock Cummings

I completely agree about Maggie, terrible film! Thanks for the warning about The Boy (2015), I will avoid it!