Agencies (This thread was hijacked and it has been closed but left as an example)

I can speak well of PK. They treat well on the phone and ladies are good, appointments on short notice etc. Sometimes they don't have anyone or not in my area etc. What other agencies in Ottawa do ins that are reliable?

Hi everyone!

I'm curious about 1 thing. Is there a reason why you would only limit yourself to agencies. There are many SPs out there, myself included that offer quality service, at reasonable rates. Independents actually on some occasions offer the same services, on short notice for equal or lesser cost than an agency since they don't have overhead.

If you're looking for short notice bookings I'm sure many of us independents, including myself, would gladly oblige.

Just my thoughts. Agencies have their place but we independents do too.

Hi everyone!

I'm curious about 1 thing. Is there a reason why you would only limit yourself to agencies. There are many SPs out there, myself included that offer quality service, at reasonable rates. Independents actually on some occasions offer the same services, on short notice for equal or lesser cost than an agency since they don't have overhead.

If you're looking for short notice bookings I'm sure many of us independents, including myself, would gladly oblige.

I don't know if this member limits himself to agencies, as he didnt state that, but this thread was him inquiring about agencies. I don't hijack threads that ask about indies, so I am wondering why you would hijack a thread about agencies? In addition you are advertising your services, which is also not permitted in the general discussion section.

There are many SPs out there, myself included that offer quality service, at reasonable rates. Independents actually on some occasions offer the same services, on short notice for equal or lesser cost than an agency since they don't have overhead.

I agree with you Tulsa about independents and though the OP is about agencies but I am sure that some of us may be unaware of alternatives (as myself did not know about advantages of independents for most of 2008 ). I wish there was a post like Tulsa's in early 2008 which I could read then.

BTW, Tulsa did NOT advertise her own or her services. She made general statements about independent SPs (yes herself being one of many of those SPs) and saying otherwise is a misrepresentation of what she said.

Hi PK,

If you read closely I am not advertising my services, I am simply saying that we, indies, are available short notice as well and there are alternatives. If you believe I am hijacking a thread then I am sorry that you feel this way. I believe this is an open forum and that everyone is entitled to make a opinion.

The guy asked for agencies, if he only wants agencies, great that's fine. Maybe he's had bad experiences with indies and that's why he's sticking with agencies.

As for hijacking a thread if the thread was started by agencies I would have stayed my nose out of it. I was started by a hobbyist stating that he wanted to know if there were other agencies that offered ins that were reliable. I simply asked him a question, gave him some facts and didn't limit myself to myself but to us indies in general.

If you feel offended by my remarks I will take my punches and take my suspension. In return if I did manage to inform the hobbyist to other venues for him to have someone cater to him by simply stating facts, not advertising, since it clearly states a general fact about an alternative to agencies, which do have their place then so be it.

I appreciate your comment as well but will not limit myself to replying in general to requests for information.

Best Regards,

Of course this is Hijacking the thread.. The topic was on Agencies and you jumped in and started talking about how great indies are. (whether they are amazing or not isnt up for debate, it wasnt the topic of the thread.) You changed the topic of the thread.

That by definition is Hijacking the thread, you are discussing a separate topic.. Theres no way around that.

I am not offended by your comment, but the Mod has went out of his way to outline the new rules, very recently and you are clearly not following them so I simply pointed that out. So to say you will "take your suspension" is just looking for trouble. Why?

I have nothing against Indies, none whatsoever.. But what does that have to do with the OP inquiry? Nothing..

I usually use independants but I have used PK and was very happy. PIictures should be updated on the girls as they might not be recent.

In reply to PK saying I hijacked this thread:

The rules is this:

Please DO NOT hijack threads!

Hijack threads means you post a completely OFF TOPIC post and take control of the conversation that someone else started. Instead open a NEW thread and NEW TOPIC yourself.

This includes posting on someone's ADVERTISING thread. If you are a competitor and you place a comment on someone's advertising thread that would be considered HIJACKING a thread.... and if you advertised yourself on someone else's advertising thread I am sure you will not make any friends.

Q: I've commented on occasion on creative ads. I've never seen this as hijacking or bumping is it?

A: It's more BUMPING then a Hijacking unless you are including an ADVERTISEMENT of your own (This includes your Signature).

** At this time that has not been a problem. Unless I get valid complaints about such things I will continue to allow that. If you were doing this to "Help" your friend out by bumping her ad to the top others will complain.

If you read the rule properly, it states you are in violation if you put the subject OFF TOPIC.

The topic states agencies, his original post asked a question, "What other agencies in Ottawa do ins that are reliable?"

My answer, though not word for word was this: I don't know any other agency BUT I know several indies, including myself, that would provide that service to you.

If I read the hijacking rule correctly I didn't change the topic, simply answered his question.

Just wanted to publicly represent my understanding of the rule, and yes I have read it. As I said if I misread the rule then I will take my punishment.

I was going to erase these comments or move them to the elite member area to discuss them but I did not want to remove the original members comments and I want everyone to see why this is such an issue. I will close this thread and MOVE the original posts (COPY THEM) into a new NON-HIJACKED thread.

I actually do consider this to be hijacking the thread and advertising outside the SP ONLY area and starting a fight on cerb.

This guy is asking specifically for AGENCY info. He was very clear (In fact the title of the thread was "Agencies")

To be honest if someone posted a thread specifically asking for a INDIE GIRL and someone like PK (or any agency) posted this following post

Hi everyone!

I'm curious about 1 thing. Is there a reason why you would only limit yourself to independent ladies?. There are many AGENCIES out there, PK FOR INSTANCE that offer quality service, at reasonable rates. Agencies actually on some occasions offer the same services, on short notice for equal or lesser cost than an independent ladies since they have much higher volume.

If you're looking for short notice bookings I'm sure many of the agencies, including ours, would gladly oblige.

Just my thoughts. Indies have their place but we agencies do too.

Would any of you have a problem with this post if PK (or any other agency) were to post this? The answer is YES!!

All I did was change Tulsa's post (Where she is clearly saying forget the agency book with me - it is a PLUG for her and a HIJACK as the guy was very clear about wanting info on AGENCIES)

I am sorry Tulsa but you are very much wrong here and I do have to give you a infraction for this hijacked thread and another for advertising outside of the announcements area.

Finally she knew that what she did here was going to get her in trouble

I will take my punches and take my suspension. In return if I did manage to inform the hobbyist to other venues for him to have someone cater to him by simply stating facts, not advertising, since it clearly states a general fact about an alternative to agencies, which do have their place then so be it.
So her account will be suspended for 30 days for this as well.