What is there to do in Ottawa?? Ideas???

Coming on thursday for a long weekend to celebrate turning 49 .

any ideas what i should see or do ??? and yes Tangier Outlet is on my top 3 lol

Perhaps I shouldn't reply to this not being from Ottawa, but I have had a number of trips there in recent years. Being from little PEI, being in any real city is a treat but Ottawa is more lovely than most.

I continue to be impressed of course with Parliament Hill itself. The War Memorial is very impressive to me. My absolute highlight as a thing to do was a tour of the Canadian Mint. My biggest disappointment was the Canadian Museum of History.

It's too late for you this summer but after three tries I hit the tulip festival at exactly the right time.

I'm assuming that you are heading for the nation's capital city and if so, have a great visit.

Echo the above, the byward market of course.

Gatineau park, visit Chelsea (le Nordik) and Wakefield, qc.

National art gallery

Bluesfest is starting this week, very popular. Think Thursday or Friday it starts.

Echo the above, the byward market of course.

Gatineau park, visit Chelsea (le Nordik) and Wakefield, qc.

National art gallery

Bluesfest is starting this week, very popular. Think Thursday or Friday is starts.

Thursday, can't wait.

Guest st*****ens**ors

Hello Autumn!

The National Art Gallery downtown is a must see. Tea at the Kingsmere estate in Gatineau, and a long wander over the grounds and ruins. The caves at Pink Lake, provided you have a hand to hold.

The haunted walk , a bike ride along the canel, thrusday nights they have a rickshaw bar tour of the market , war and nature museums , I believe barb's is the most viewed/commented on thread on this site you might wanna poke your head in and see for yourself why .

Do the haunted walk and check what the museum of nature has going on right now. The Byward Market is always worth walking around in summer, you can grab a beaver tail (an amazing sweet treat that is served out of a kiosk of the same name) and munch it as you check stuff out. Parliament is beautiful at night when they do the light show. There are various festivals depending when you are here. If u are mobile I would definitely recommend taking a short road trip to Chelsea (on the Quebec side) to Nordic Spa. For the price of a simple massage downtown you will have not only a great massage but access to their incredible outdoor baths, steam rooms and saunas. And for just a bit more I highly recommend their underground salt bath..i think they call it kala. Nordic spa is by far the best spa Ive ever been to and the price is definitely right for what you get. I suggest booking an early morning massage so that you have the entire day to enjoy the spa. Its open until 10pm and is located beautifully in a mountainous, wooded area. I would also advise bringing a lunch and snacks with you as the food their isn't everyones cup of tea and is quite over-priced. Don't bring the food in, just eat it in your car. Selection is very limited and the options are very bohemian-kumbaya. One of those you'll either love it or ate it. Theres also Calypso waterpark a 30min drive east of Ottawa. Oh thre is also a zip-line obstacle course thing somewhere nearby (sorry I cant recall where exactly as it was a few years ago) and the same site also has bat cave tours. No matter how hot it is, you'll want to bring a jacket along bcuz those caves get cold.

Hope this helps, sorry if I repeated anything others said.

Have fun!

I am excited first time coming there to just relax and not anything else .. :)

getting self prepared for next year's milestone lol

thanks again everyone .. couldn't think of anywhere i would rather be after these really really bad months xo

• Like 2

Stayed at the Fairmount Chateau Laurier .. an amazing hotel .. the location was absolutely perfect .. close to everything from the must sees to shopping and restaurants and pubs in the marketplace .. thank you for all your help .. best birthday getaway soo far .. may have to top it next year for my 50th xo

• Like 4