What is a seasoned hobbiest

Well I am always full of questions... and I have another one. I have been in this hobby for about 6 months. I have seen many sp's and had many different experiences, some of them better than others. I think that I am getting better at picking sp's and knowing who is real. Anyway I just wanted to know what makes a seasoned hobbiest, and how do you know if you are one. For example, the number of sp's you seen or the length of time you have been in this hobby.

Hey Quick that is a good question. Interestingly I kinda consider myself moderately seasoned because like you have seen a couple of ladies. Enough to have great and not so great experiences which probably adds to what I know of this recreation and what I like. But, in my circumstances I travel to many different cities. It is this reality which has provided the opportunity to meet different ladies. The one city I visit the most has someone who is very special. I could see a scenario that if I only visited that one city - I would likely only have been with 1 lady. Would that make me un-seasoned? Anyway not the circumstance for me at this time. But I guess it does add another perspective to the question of what defines 'seasoned'. I know if I only was able to continually visit this special lady, I may not be seasoned but, I'ld be happy!

Hmm yes I see how seeing other ladies from different cities would add to your experience. But like you I am still not sure what a seasoned hobbiest really is.

Hey Quick that is a good question. Interestingly I kinda consider myself moderately seasoned because like you have seen a couple of ladies. Enough to have great and not so great experiences which probably adds to what I know of this recreation and what I like. But, in my circumstances I travel to many different cities. It is this reality which has provided the opportunity to meet different ladies. The one city I visit the most has someone who is very special. I could see a scenario that if I only visited that one city - I would likely only have been with 1 lady. Would that make me un-seasoned? Anyway not the circumstance for me at this time. But I guess it does add another perspective to the question of what defines 'seasoned'. I know if I only was able to continually visit this special lady, I may not be seasoned but, I'ld be happy!

a seasoned hobbiest.......hmmmmm....pepper...garlic....chives and a touch of cayenne

• Like 3

Guest W***ledi*Time

Numbers don't make the hobbyist. To be a seasoned hobbyist, you must:

Have learned what you like

Have learned what you need from an encounter

Have learned what you don't like

Have learned that sometimes you need what you don't like

Have been stood up and be at peace with it

Have been baited-and-switched and moved on

Recognize trash talk for what it is

Have learned manners and respect backwards and forwards

Have learned discretion forwards and backwards

Have learned to follow contact and screening protocols cheerfully and punctiliously

Recognize that interpersonal chemistry is paramount

Recognize that your mileage will vary

Have fulfilled more than one "ultimate" fantasy

Recognize where the barrier between fantasy and reality lies

Have fallen at least half in love with your ATF

Have come to terms with the retirement of your ATF

Have memorized more acronyms than you can shake your stick at

Be at ease doing the perp-walk through hotel and apartment-building lobbies and elevators

Be able to translate chinese characters used in tattoos

Know how to convince the local clinic to give you full STI/STD tests

Be at ease in explaining-away hours-long absences from your civilian life

Know the law

Have become familiar with aching muscles you hadn't even known were there

Have shaved your tastiest bits at least once

Have lost the keys to the handcuffs at least once

Have fallen off the bed onto the floor at least once

Have put out at least one fire caused by a knocked-over-candle

Have learned to laugh and cry.

Well Im half way there just need the knocking over a candle part. Thank you for taking the time to put a great answer like that.:smile:

Guest W***ledi*Time
Well Im half way there just need the knocking over a candle part ...

ha ha ... if it helps out, Q25, an acceptable substitute in the candle category would be: picking up the pieces of a broken lamp you've knocked over ...

I know what to do... whenever I have my first outcall....buy a cheap lamp.... place it strategically.... have a broom in hands reach. Might be too hard with a incall.:-D

ha ha ... if it helps out, Q25, an acceptable substitute in the candle category would be: picking up the pieces of a broken lamp you've knocked over ...

To add to WIT's post

1. You have developed a certain respect in the community, from both the

ladies and fellow hobbiests

2. You learn to accept, as one lady phrased it to me in an e-mail "life

happens"...you don't get upset when plans change, you roll with the

punches

3. You become open to try new things, and even if not, your not

judgemental about what activities "winds anothers clock"

4. Beauty comes in all shapes, sizes and ages...it really is the person

inside that matters.

5. You respect the ladies boundries, just because you provide

money isn't an excuse to do whatever you want

And to add to antlerman's post about peppers, garlic, chives and cayene...got me to thinking, maybe try honey and chocolate syrup

Just a few more thoughts...now I'm hungry

RG

Have put out at least one fire caused by a knocked-over-candle
I don't really want to take this thread off-topic, but I once helped put out a pillowcase that caught fire because it got flung over a burning candle. We both smelled smoke at the same time. We both laughed over it later... much, much later.

Foot, hand or hair in the candle also tends to be common... not that I've ever done that :wink: but I'm putting it out there for the 'seasoned hobbiests' to consider.

Foot, hand or hair in the candle also tends to be common... not that I've ever done that :wink: but I'm putting it out there for the 'seasoned hobbiests' to consider.

Well hair, no problem for me, I'm bald, touch wood, no foot burn

Hand, isn't that if you want to do a G. Gordon Liddy imitation

RG