Who's working ?

question for the board - directed at MP's and the folks that luv them...

whenever i call any of the MP shops that i frequent, i typically ask who is working. i ask this because i normally have a lady or 2 in mind from that location but also because i am interested in knowing if they have any new ladies on staff. (no pun intended) I've never had any problems with this question... until recently...

the last few times i have called one specific spa, the gal that answers replys to my question with "who are you looking for ?" . the first few times i responded with the names of the 1 or 2 ladies that i knew might be working and the gal advised me of their schedule. but after the call i was frustrated that i still did not know who was actually working at the time of my call - and I did not book an appointment but instead went elsewhere.

i am fairly sure that the gal i have been speaking with is one of the MP's and not the owner (i have had an appointment with her, so pretty sure on that point)

so the last time i called this place, the same gal answered, and i asked again, "who is working?" and got back " who are you looking for? " ... i indicated that i wanted to know who was working so i could make a decision on an qppointment and what ensued was this silly little "dance" where i was trying to find out who was working and she would simply not tell me unless i gave her a name first....

so i gave up and have not called back and probably won't...

perhaps i am not considering some aspect of safety or business caution that this spa has put in place, but i have to wonder about the wisdom of this tactic... it would certainly make it difficult for any new girls to get any new clients, and it flat our pissed me off...

thoughts ?

UK :sm185:

p.s. luv the fact that we have a board like this... for sooo many reasons.... :bowdown:

Yup, I employ the exact same tactic. And I've had the same response once or twice. But it's not a "lately" thing, I've had this response come back to me for years. So you must've been extremely lucky to only have it happen to you recently. I usually just give them a name of a girl that worked there, and they'll say she's not in today. Then I'd ask who is working today, and then the real answer comes back.

Don't know why you're worried about this dance, as even the "who's working today" question is part of the same dance. If you can't think of a girl's name, then I just admit I can't remember them.

Good point UK; I must admit I've been frustrated with the same answer occasionally and politely say goodbye and go elsewhere. I think most places understand that some guys are just in the mood for a particular experience on any given day. One day I may be looking for the best professional-type massage available and I know who to see; another time I just may want to visit someone with a hot body and conversation skills, again I know who they are.

A few spas post schedules and good for them, they get more of my business but there are other top quality places that are quite willing to say who is working.

Those that are not cooperative will soon realize that it's their loss, not ours !!

On the other hand there are plenty of top notch independents... don't have that problem with them, just usually requires booking too far in advance.

Thanks for the opportunity to let me vent !! :neutral: