Don't forget our furry friends at Xmas

Just thought I'd pass along an FYI.

Was at the vet yesterday with my daughter's cat and noticed they are taking donations of pet food for Winnipeg Harvest. Makes sense if you think about it. We dropped off 2 big bags of dog food and 2 bags of cat food this morning. The receptionist said all the vet clinics are collecting food so you can do this anywhere in the city.

• Like 4

And let's also remember to keep our pets well-exercised, warm, loved and properly fed. I have to live across the street from 2 big dogs who are left outside, never walked or played with and who bark at every passerby not because they're mean, but because they're lonely and cold. I give them treats and attention whenever I go outside, but it still breaks my heart every single time. :(

Soliel that story breaks my heart. Not even sure why people like that even have pets. HUGE animal lover here.

Remember the animals,and not just on x-mas.Every day.

Happy holidays everyone :-D

its so sad but i have neighbor across the street from me with two German Sheppard i have yet to see the go for a walk they only get to share a standard size balcony :( in the summer they are out there most of the day breaks my heart!

And let's also remember to keep our pets well-exercised, warm, loved and properly fed. I have to live across the street from 2 big dogs who are left outside, never walked or played with and who bark at every passerby not because they're mean, but because they're lonely and cold. I give them treats and attention whenever I go outside, but it still breaks my heart every single time. :(

Fuck I hate that!

I used to have a neighbor the same. He had this German Shepherd for years that would just sit in the backyard and bark all day long. It's only human interaction might be for a few minutes evry day when someone came out for a few minutes or the kid chased it around the yard with a stick. I actually asked him once, "why do you even have a dog? You never walk it or play with it.?" He told me for protection for his wife when he was out of town. I laughed and told him the dog isn't much protection outside all day. Someone could break in and rape his wife and the dog is locked outside? Anyway the dog eventually went to doggy heaven and I thought, thank heavens that's done, I hope they don't get another dog.

About a week later, I'm out on my deck and I hear whining. There is a puppy cying at the back door to be let in. :mad:

If its even possible, I think I am even more turned on my Kaylee and

Soleil than normal after reading their posts!

I am a HUGE animal lover (especially dogs) and can't stand seeing

Animals mistreated and not taken care of properly.

They are living, breathing beings and deserve to be loved!

Everyone should remember that this holiday season!

HUG a dog, it will make you feel so much better!

Posted via Mobile Device

I volunteer for the Humane Society for the "Quit Stalling" campaigns, however I don't donate to them. I just do farm animal rights/ anti-cruelty awareness year round, not just the holiday season.

WHS don't employ resources to work with behaviour issues with dogs. So many of them go back and are put down. D'Arcy's ARC does.

Also, you may want to think of Papa's Ranch and adoption centre. They're non-profit and family run organization. http://www.papasranch.ca/

The Gimli Humane Society is in desprate need and are dangerously close to not being able to operate. http://www.gimlianimalshelter.com/

SD

Well there is a feline out there that is getting a home within the next couple weeks...been told thats what I'm getting for Christmas (along with some hints)

Lost my last cat a year ago, and it was/is just like losing a member of the family

But besides that, I do donate to the Lakefield Animal Welfare Shelter, and will likely find a new family member there too

RG

I gave my husband a kitten a couple months back, and it might have been the best idea ever! It's so sweet to see how much he loves and enjoys that (spoiled rotten) little kitten.

He gave me a rescued 3-year-old cat (Mina) for companionship when I had my apartment in Ottawa. She wasn't that well socialized at first, but we found our way to being very close. She's very affectionate with me now, and I'm her fool.

We've taken in more than a dozen rescue dogs over the years, and a few other critters too. It's worth it. It's not easy--but it's worth it.

Marriage or Relationship

With a Significant Other ...

If you want someone who will eat whatever you put in front of him and never say it's not quite as good as his mother's

Then adopt a dog.

If you want someone always willing to go out, at any hour, For as long and wherever you want ...

Then adopt a dog.

If you want someone who will never touch the remote, doesn't care about football, and can sit next to you as you watch romantic movies

..then adopt a dog.

If you want someone who is content to get on

Your bed just to warm your feet and whom

You can push off if he snores

..then adopt a dog !

If you want someone who never criticizes what you do, doesn't care if you are pretty or ugly, fat or thin, young or old, who acts as if every word you say is especially worthy of listening to, and loves

You unconditionally, perpetually ...

..then adopt a dog.

BUT, on the other hand, if you want someone who will never come when you call, ignores you

Totally when you come home, leaves hair all over the place, walks all over you, runs around

All night and only comes home to eat and

Sleep, and acts as if your entire existence

Is solely to ensure his happiness

..then adopt a cat!

You thought I was gonna say...

Marry a man, didn't you?

Send this to all the women you know

To brighten their day. Send this to all

The men just to annoy them!

You...

....have a GREAT Day!!!

Edited by r__m__g_uy
formatting

You thought I was gonna say...

Marry a man, didn't you?

So... under what conditions would you recommend marrying a man then? ;)

(IKR? To help you love your kitties and puppies.)

So... under what conditions would you recommend marrying a man then? ;)

(IKR? To help you love your kitties and puppies.)

If you see a single guy, happy, content, has hobbies, has toys, likes hobbying and you want to change that, marry him....just kidding of course

RG