EMT up front is a scam for sure.

Send the EMT first but agree to transfer password when you meet face to face.

I have no problem on EMT after getting to know a provider but never for first contact.

ALSO A TIP FOR PROVIDERS: I have a friend who was a provider and when she applied for Social Assistance they examined her bank account and denied her based on all the e-transfers coming into her account.

ALSO A TIP FOR PROVIDERS: I have a friend who was a provider and when she applied for Social Assistance they examined her bank account and denied her based on all the e-transfers coming into her account.

When applying for benefits, Social Assistance will ask for a print-out of your bank statement for the past so many months and of course if they see you have been receiving money, they will count that as income.

And if you show nothing coming into your account, they will question you on how you have been supporting yourself.

As someone who has advocated for persons who needed assistance in applying for benefits, I can tell you that this information is readily available to those when they apply. So this friend of yours did not pay attention to what they were going to be checking.