Favorite Urban Legend

There plenty of Urban Legends(industry related or not). Some exist to troll and scare people, but many do contain good life lessons. What are your favorite?

I'll start with the classic "Kidney Thieves"(the bathtub of ice).

There many versions of the story but it mostly involve a tourist or businessman travelling abroad by himself and meeting an attractive lady(sex worker), had a drink, passed out and woke up in a bathtub full off ice with a missing kidney. It's unclear if it really happened, but many elements of the story are based on true events.

The lesson is to be vigilant when travelling alone and avoid any free drinks from a complete stranger. Without getting paranoid, controlling yourself and avoid unnecessary risks will avoid potential problems. I travelled in Europe by myself, but never got drunk or accepted drinks that weren't opened in front of me. I've met sex workers there and never had any problems. But I know colleagues who made the mistake of heavily drinking in adult establishments and woke up in one piece but with empty pockets and no memory of any intimacy with the ladies.

What are your favorite stories and life lessons?

My favourite urban legend is Resurrection Mary from Chicago. I remember first learning about this when I was young watching Unsolved Mysteries. A quick google search brought up the actual show. Just creepy but still intrigued by Mary!

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/authorlyngibson.wordpress.com/2017/06/09/urban-legends-resurrection-mary/amp/

The death of Shirley Eaton during production of "Goldfinger"(1964). She's famously know for her death scene (painted gold) in the classic Bond movie. The story was that she died from asphyxiation after being covered with gold paint. The reality is not only she's alive(age 81), but also made a few movie and TV roles between 1965 and 1969. The rumor started after she retired from acting in 1969.In all fairness, this was way before the internet and IMDB.