How can you tell?

As we are all fully aware there is a dark side to this hobby/line of work, especially as it comes down to the ladies being forced into this line of work. I often am very reluctant to regularly participate in this hobby because I am always afraid the person I am with is not freely participating and all I might be doin is further victimizing her. So my biggest question/help from everyone especially the ladies, how can I tell if someone is forced into this? Is there even a way to tell? What should I avoid? What should I look for to be sure that the person is truly freely independent in providing services?

A major hint is when the procurer won't allow you to talk directly to her on the phone. It's not a good sign.

If you go to an incall location and the security is abnormally high, it should also be a hint something is not quite right.

On this website and more precisely in the recommendations section, there plenty of independent and semi-independent ladies you can talk to directly. Contacting them should put your mind at ease.

I've not usually found it hard. First off I'd say 90% of the providers I've chosen to see in Halifax have been in my estimation independent.

1) If the provider is very mechanical, low-energy, feels like she's putting in a days work thats a tell tale sign. Or she is non-confident in what she is up for doing with you.

2) Usually can tell somewhat by the location. If it's her apartment is the bedroom setup for a woman or a woman+man, likewise in the bathroom. All lady products or is there some some AXE shampoo, etc. If it's a hotel ask her casually how much the room is per night, if she doesn't know she probably has a handler.

3) The providers I've liked are usually talkative and tell you a bit about themselves and build confidence that you are dealing only with them.

4) I sometimes ask if they have a boyfriend

5) All Asians have handlers, I've never seen an exception to that rule. If you see an Asian provider she's getting a cut and one or several others are getting a cut.

I should also mention that a provider who has a BF doesn't mean she has a handler. I've dealt with several providers that had boyfriends, doesn't mean I met them or they handled the money (or that the BF's even knew).

I've not usually found it hard. First off I'd say 90% of the providers I've chosen to see in Halifax have been in my estimation independent.

I read your warning post. If this hobby were legal for men, we'd be able to report situations like the one you referred to in that post to the police, but as it stands now they would likely end up charging you just because they could.

Isn't is ironic that the law actually dissuades us from reporting underage/coerced/trafficked girls if we witness it? Shouldn't the priority be to identify young victims and assist them, rather than to punish horny, but otherwise law-abiding, men?

I read your warning post. If this hobby were legal for men, we'd be able to report situations like the one you referred to in that post to the police, but as it stands now they would likely end up charging you just because they could.

Isn't is ironic that the law actually dissuades us from reporting underage/coerced/trafficked girls if we witness it? Shouldn't the priority be to identify young victims and assist them, rather than to punish horny, but otherwise law-abiding, men?

Apologies for the small hijack of this thread but...

Up until a couple of years ago, clients were not criminalized in any way and the number of police reports concerning trafficked persons were negligible. One can still report a concern anonymously by calling CrimeStoppers now so it shouldn't deter anyone. I find it interesting that providers always carried all of the legal risk prior to C36. Clients demanded things like incalls with impunity, refused to verify and disregarded of the position their refusal put us in. If we stood our ground on verifying, clients refused to book. If we voiced concerns either in person or online about it, we were vilified for being mouthy/opinionated. Now that clients are on the other side of the equation, I see it mentioned regularly online as if it's a huge risk and burden. No where in the country has LE changed it's enforcement tactics regarding the industry. They aren't setting up indoor stings for clients nor are they pressuring providers to hand over client information. They have maintained status quo of only concerning themselves with trafficked, outdoor and underaged workers. There has been no change, literally. I empathize with the legal situation clients find themselves in but it is difficult to sympathize given how little they did to alleviate our risk when the shoe was on the other foot.

The legislation changed but the enforcement didn't. Don't let it stop you from doing the right thing if you see a provider you think is being forced to perform...

smiles, cat

• Like 5

That's not quite true. There anonymous tip lines like Crime Stoppers to report this kind of concern without getting involved. If you witnessed an assault or flagrant abuse, a 911 call will certainly be more effective. But if lives are not in immediate danger, the anonymous way will certainly help in addressing the problem.

• Like 2