A Good Day Gone Horribly Wrong!

So today was pretty good despite the weather and minus people texting me stupid questions. I came home and found that my driveway was already cleared by my nice neighbor. I'm not complaining. I went back out for a while and was turning back onto my street when all of a sudden my car lands on someone's front lawn with the owner running out to see what the commotion was all about. No big deal after being a little bit in shock and apologizing(lol) I just drive back out. I'm going to take things out of the trunk when all of a sudden a snow plow comes by and throws snow all over me and my driveway. I was left in a heap of snow...literally!! Then I had to shovel. The snow plow guy started to come back for more when I jumped out of the snowbank throwing my hands up in the air telling him to stop. Thankfully he did or I'd still be out there in a pile of hard snow. Grrrrrr....Now I can't wait for this day to be over.

Guest jake_cdn

Ahhh the joys of lving in this city ...

Everyone loves snow until they have to move it from their driveway.

.... but the good part is... that was yesterday! It's all better today!

Hi - - sure sounds like you could use a few hugs and kisses. Hope I can visit you next week.

Dukie

I am having one of those today!

I would just like to thank the 5 City workers who watched me from their cozy table inside Tim Horton's as I changed the flat tire I got after hitting a pothole!!!

Ouch. That's not a good way to start the day Meg.

At least you can be proud of yourself for knowing how to change a flat.

Way to go!

I know lots of men who can't do that. And its not something women

tend to want to learn.

As for the men watching you and not offering to help...well they

are just loosers. Disgracefull.

Posted via Mobile Device

I am having one of those today!

I would just like to thank the 5 City workers who watched me from their cozy table inside Tim Horton's as I changed the flat tire I got after hitting a pothole!!!

Damn them for not offering to help. I would have come to your rescue.

Nicolette now that would be 2 of us helping her, whats wrong with people now days?

As for the men watching you and not offering to help...well they

are just loosers. Disgracefull.

Posted via Mobile Device

As a home owner & tax payer, I would have a problem with city workers changing someone's flat when they are supposed to be drinking coffee & doing sweet FA! Hehehe

Being from Minnesota and feeling your pain, bear in mind one "undeniable truth of life" when you live in the north:

The snow plow guy always wins!

With that in mind, I have found that if you smile and wave when they go by (especially a lady), you can get them to back up a bit a take a diagonal swipe at the bottom of your driveway to help clear the hump a bit.

Being from Minnesota and feeling your pain, bear in mind one "undeniable truth of life" when you live in the north:

The snow plow guy always wins!

With that in mind, I have found that if you smile and wave when they go by (especially a lady), you can get them to back up a bit a take a diagonal swipe at the bottom eway to help clear the hump a bit.

Nicki, that's a great idea. Perhaps give the guy a quick flash of your assets - but not too much, he might drive off the road and cause some damage.

To Meg - I know 3 guys who work for the city and they would certainly have helped you. In fact one of them brags about how he meets women all the time because they think he's cute in his reflective vest, hard-hat and rubber boots (works for the water dept).