I am with Virgin Miblity prepaid cell customer I have been thinking of buying a newer phone. I want to stay with prepaid. I do not use it that much so in one way it would be a waste of money. Just thinking about it not certain what to do any thoughts?

Here is the website if your are interested in checking it out

http://www.virginmobile.ca/en/home/index.html

I prefer pre-paid as well, but I prefer Rogers or Telus, because they have different pre-paid plans depending on your needs.

Rogers has nights and weekends (calling plans)

as well as different txt messaging bundles.

Telus has all kinds of calling plans plus txting plans.

I use Telus's Unlimited 45!

For $45 a month I get unlimited incoming calls, unlimited nights and weekends, Free txting and picture messages! Free voice mail, and call display!

I prefer pre-paid as well, but I prefer Rogers or Telus, because they have different pre-paid plans depending on your needs.

Rogers has nights and weekends (calling plans)

as well as different txt messaging bundles.

Telus has all kinds of calling plans plus txting plans.

I use Telus's Unlimited 45!

For $45 a month I get unlimited incoming calls, unlimited nights and weekends, Free txting and picture messages! Free voice mail, and call display!

This is becoming a trend...we have the same tastes :) I love telus and the unlimited 45. In addition I subscribe to the unlimited browsing for 10 a month and the email for 5 a month. I have a great LG phone that flips open to a qwerty keyboard!

If you are looking for inexpensive, for $39 check out

http://mobile.presidentschoice.ca/pc_telecom/ctl3910/cp20627/cl1/phones

All I wanted was an inexpensive phone to do what they were originally designed for...talking.

I have no contract, I get the $100 annual prepaid and it has been handling all of my talking and texting needs for years. I have never had a hassle with them, a rarity for cell phone companies.

I have been going through the minutes like crazy, the long distance does not help at all!

In about 10 days or so my 1-800 # should be up and running ' yes!

It will be 1-something something something-lovelyd ! :icon_smile:

I'e had a Telus pay as you go for many years. The only requirement is I put additional funds on every 30 days. So, you buy a 10 dollar card and your of to the races. You indicated you don't use it much so it's a great throw away.

Go into Walmart and you can get one for about $70.

Over the year i have been with what ever they were before (rogers), Bell, Mikes, rogers, and now with Virgin.

I like prepaid, because I cannot be charge if the money is not there first. Contracts are fine if a person uses a cell phone enough. I do not anymore, it comes a goes some days I use it alot other times is does not ring for day, or week even. I like the $100 card that are good for 345 days or until I use it waht ever comes first and I am not having to remember to top up my account every month.

I am happy with Virgin, not looking to change but I would not rule is out eithe. I am not looking for just the cheapest phone out there.

Some days I think maybe I should get a iphone other days maybe the samsung galaxy s, other days maybe I should just stay with what I got and leave it alone.

As I said just wondering, thinking about it.

LG Keybo ME TOO! HAHA that is soooooo funny! Is yours PINK too???

This is becoming a trend...we have the same tastes :) I love telus and the unlimited 45. In addition I subscribe to the unlimited browsing for 10 a month and the email for 5 a month. I have a great LG phone that flips open to a qwerty keyboard!

I use Virgin pay as you go

Phone I have is a LG RumourII

Guess the only virgins we'll find on this site are cell phones LOL

RG

Edited by r__m__g_uy
double posted
  • Like 1

It is an awsome deal if you do a lot of txt, and picture messaging. Also receive a lot of incoming calls! If you have a lot of outbound calls it may not be the right plan for you. They also have the Fav 5 etc.... Then you can do unlimited incoming or outgoing calls to your favorite 5 numbers! I love my service with Telus! I have been with them for 5 years now!

That telus 45 sounds like a good deal maybe I will switch thanks for the post

For the longest time I was with Telus and their MIKE series, but as soon as the iphone came out, I ended a pretty good relationship to switch to Rogers. Recently I just got a Telus prepaid as a second handset just for this hobby. It's a Samsung Intensity, top off whenever I need the minutes, does the job.