I explain the CERB rules and ask them: "Do you have an email address so I can let you know?"

If they insist on PM, I save the PM where they ask me, so in the case it's reported to mod, I can just report the PM where they asked it. Unsolicited PM's are not allowed, but if they ask I don't consider this unsolicited.

Agree with Megan if a member sends you PM asking if your in my town let me know usually followed by I would be interested in seeing you the it is ok as the male member made first contact

Keeping the PM as Megan said would be advisable

Guest W***ledi*Time

Yup, the rule says it all:

AGENCIES/LADIES/SPA'S/ETC... Please do not PM members with offers, ads, suggestions, etc... unless the member contacts you first requesting information ...

(my bold)

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_pmsystemtule

"Let me know when you are in town" is definitely a request for information. So you are allowed to use PM to send the information that was asked for by the other member.

Oh Great! Thank you all for clearing that up! I thought so, just wanted conformation before making the mistake. Thanks Megan for the suggestion to keep the PM for the future disputes about it.