Anybody else get a new iPad 2? Or iPad 1?

Trying not to turn this into a brag thread, but I scored a new iPad 2 at the rollout in the United States on Friday at 5pm. I love it! Gorgeous graphics and very easy to use. Anyone else get one? Or does anyone else have an iPad 1 and like it?

BTW, this is written on my new iPad 2 -- tough to prove it, though!

I have had my first gen ipad for almost a year now and it's great, it's not a fully functioning computer and will never replace the computer but it's a great accessory. Admittedly the first generation ipad is a little heavier than one might expect, but otherwise I have no other complaints, well actually I do, the fact that FLASH is not supported is RIDICULOUS

It's great for use at my local patio or coffee house, I have tons of books loaded up on it so it got me back to reading novels, and it's perfect for making graphical presentations to clients.

My Ipad purchase last year convinced me that my next laptop will be a macbook. That being said I'm looking at picking up one of the android driven tablets as a comparison. I know Mod and a few other folks have ipads and love em, how couldn't you!?

I think there is going to be an app soon, if not already, to support flash (I think I read that on macrumors or somewhere). When I first heard about ipads last year, it just sounded like a big iPod touch, but I "get it" now and see that it really fills a void and may ultimately replace some notebooks. I have a PC laptop and blackberry from work, but the other members of my family all use MacBooks and iPhones.

My favorite app so far is The Daily, a newsmagazine designed around the ipad's functionality and graphics ability. There's a two week trial followed by a $39 annual fee. Gorgeous photography and well written articles that is pushed on a daily basis.

It was also a lot of fun to sit in line on Friday with a bunch of Apple fans. I got there about 3 hours in advance and there were about 65 people in line at the Apple Store. By the time they went on sale at 5pm, there were over 400 people in line.

I am very anxious to buy an ipad....hopefully when I am in Winnipeg! Am definitely ready for the switchover from my regular pc....ugh!

The only thing I wonder about is how it will be with my "Tiger-Lady" nails....:?:

kubrick, the daily is a great feature. It is the modern day newsmagazine, the documentary style photography and old school journalistic non political leaning editorial and writing style is fantastic. The daily is an example of how publishing companies need to reinvent themselves and how their product to survive in this day and age. Stick golf is my favorite time waster app, on days when I can't get out to hit a bucket of balls!

Dorinda -- that could be pretty tricky with long fingernails. I suggest you go to an Apple store or Best Buy and try one out. CK, agree completely about media in the future ... there is a revenue model in news if there's a value proposition like The Daily. Hopefully others will show less pride and follow that model.

And as to games, I'm still learning and enjoying Angry Birds!

I've had my 1st gen iPad for almost a year and I love it. I use it as a convenient laptop replacement on brief trips i.e. sameday return flights. Also great on vacations when you want to be able to look things up on the fly but don't want the bulk of a laptop. Also use mine as a an e-Reader, movie player, music player.... ahhh.. it does just about everything. I was also so impressed with the range and quality of apps available on the iPad that I switched from a blackberry to an iPhone.

Dorinda, nails might be a problem - you could get a bluetooth keyboard to help with typing, but since it's a touch screen device - you're going to need to touch the screen :) I've tried using a stylus, which may be somewhat like the effect you'd get with long nails, and the iPad did not like it one bit - didn't work well at all.

I have the Gen1 as well and love it. I don't need the camera so I don't plan to update any time soon (The faster chip is the only thing I really am interested in).

You can run flash on it if you jailbreak it now.... I just use logmein.com app however as the only flash I need is the chat room here and that does the trick. It's a remote desktop system that works very well.

Don't want to hijack the thread here but I will also include my personal (Current) favorite apps.... as it's good to share this.

1) Garage Band (For under 5.00 it's a full 8 track recording studio that works VERY well so any musicians this app is for you!)

2) Atomic Web Browser (Blows the doors off Safari)

3) Lick of the day (It's not what you think! It's a guitar app - love it)

4) LogmeIn

5) TED (You can see these videos all online too but the app works very well)

6) Pool Bar is a well done 3d pool game

and I like the physics games (World of goo, Trundle, Cat Physics, Angry Birds, etc...)

Have a Gen1 IPad and love it! Swithched over to Apple products about 5 years ago and am not going back!

Dorinda, your nails will pose a problem. Had to get rid of my Tiger-Lady nails a long time ago LoL

Have a BD coming up in a little while and I'm sensing a gen2 Ipad in my future.

Posted via Mobile Device

I cant really speak to a comparison between 1 and 2 as my only experience with an iPod 1 is at the Apple Store. Still getting used to the typing on a flat plane of glass, but the sound feedback helps.

I had received a gift card for an iPhone for Christmas which I really dont need because of my work-issued blackberry. Also have my work-issued laptop so cant justify a personal macbook. That leaves the iPad, and I'm absolutely delighted.

Thanks for the suggestions as to apps. If others have favorites, feel free to add those as well.

I love my ipad (first gen) it is a great accessory.

Like Ck said the flash not being supported sucks ..Love the touch screen.. Got used to it with my tiger lady nails ;)

I want a macbook now.

Anyone know if the IPAD 1 or 2 has a GPS built in?

I am looking at takng one with me to China and would like to let my friends and family track my sightseeing ( several cities involved ) via google maps or some such

Yes ... I believe called "location services" and there are some very good navigation apps available (such as Navigon) and many other apps that use the GPS functionality.

it does ... lots of gps applications. even google maps will pin point your locatio n and as you drive you can see the pin move on the map. i have a number of road gps apps installed and they work better then my tom tom. .... poor tom tom has been left for dead.

Guest S*rca****sid

I created an Apple social group if anyone is interested in sharing ideas.