Dreams. *(Or My Problems With Dreams)

Guest S**a*Q

Grrr, so I don't dream.

Or that's what I used to say to people and they'd tell me that I just don't remember them.

That's fine by me, I liked sleeping all the way through the night, I live and daydream enough in the daytime. :)

However, the past week or so has been weird.

I have on more than one occasion *(Like 6 now) woken up to dreams that have to do with the end of the world, or whatever it is.

Twice was nuclear disaster, once was zombies, an ecological shift plagued me one night, a few times it was chemical or biological warfare and last night could have easily been something I read out of a science fiction novel.

All in all, the world is ALWAYS in a horrible place, most of the people I know are dead and I'm making plans for myself (or myself and a group of "unsurvivalists") on how we should deal with this horrible emergency... I'm never dead, I don't die, sometimes I end up as a leader, or the opposition to another leader and their group, sometimes I'm just in the background.

If I wake up and fall back asleep, the dreams continue, like a movie.

My roommate thinks it's pretty messed-up, since she's known me forever, and to honestly maybe have dreamt 4 times in the past 15 years *(that's I remember).

I didn't go back to sleep today though, I went to get my computer to write this and add a little hiatus in my overactive imagination.

Maybe it's my subconscious reminding me that I am a superhero?

Awesome, but couldn't my brain make up better stories...?

I just want to sleep, not have to save the universe from some horrible end and lose my night's worth of beauty sleep cause someone needs a hero.

I am hoping that writing this will allow me just to go back to bed and sleep, dreamless, for even just another hour, I'd be satisfied with that. I'm going to try that now... Here's to hoping!

You might be to something superhero!

With the world events being so dramatic lately, it is easy to see how our brains are on overdrive. I would imagine that many more people are experiencing the same type of thing as you are. I always dream, and some are premonition kind of dreams. perhaps trying to read something that is positive before you go to bed? Perhaps it will help to keep those dark images from your dream world?

If the world ends sweety, will you rescue me??lol...

Guest S**a*Q

My end game plan is to start a new village with just SPs, and preferably bi-sexual ones. :)

I have to profit for saving them somehow ;)

*(They're just the start but at least I know that we'll all get laid, orgasms make people happy and I'll have the happiest place on earth. This ain't no Disneyland! :P HA!)

Posted via Mobile Device

Additional Comments:

Wow! Well when you establish your sp enclave let me know I will volunteer my soldiering abilities for a very low price hehehe ;)

Posted via Mobile Device

As another non-dreamer (usually), who on those occassions when I do have them ponders the hidden meanings or subliminal messages, I hear ya.

I hope that your writing about it relieved the problem and allowed you to get some sleep.

I am most interested in your use of writing to address the issue. I for one find writing to be beneficial and a way to clarify thoughts and things, for myself at least. I have been dealing with a huge personal issue and without my writing I am not sure where I would be at the moment. I just have to learn to keep that writing for my persoanl diary rather than to share with others as much as I do.

So when you design your new SP village, don't forget a very important economic side to it. People willing to support it need to be close by!

Sleep well. :)

This post is quite timely for me as I, too, rarely remember my dreams. And yet the last few days have seen me wake up with very vivid memories of my dreams... I know that dreams are meant to be our subconscious working things out; I am pretty sure with all that's going on in the world, in Canada, in Ottawa.... we all have some things to work out.

Regardless though - I suspect it's healthy...

I have had dreams of Russians taking over and being in a warzone.. but it only happens to me when I'm completely overwhelmed by something in my personal life that's plaguing me.. I haven't dreamt this type of dream for a while.

We all dream.. many people don't remember our dreams but you are dreaming during R.E.M. sleep. Is there something particularly overwhelming you these days? I'm sure the dreams with stop being so affective when you deal with whatever is ''chasing'' you in real life :)

In the meantime in your dreams you are maintaining the powerful role which means you are in control of your destiny.. but you knew that already :)

Guest s******ecan****

I sleep much better since I stopped watching tv past 10pm (especially news or dramatic movies etc) or eating later than 9pm.

I read and listen to quiet music and 30 minutes before bed, just quiet instrumental music. Worked wonders for me but I'm not sure its for everyone.

Guest **cely***r***ne

Count me in Sara :p

My end game plan is to start a new village with just SPs, and preferably bi-sexual ones. :)

I have to profit for saving them somehow ;)

*(They're just the start but at least I know that we'll all get laid, orgasms make people happy and I'll have the happiest place on earth. This ain't no Disneyland! :P HA!)

I do dream recalls and as such usually end up writing down plots to about 5 to 12 dreams a night. Dreams help me get through any issues that I have been dealing with and usually give me a good idea of how to solve them once I pick them apart. If you don't want to remember your dreams maybe the opposite of what I do will help. Chant something along the lines of " I don't want to remember my dreams" before bed and make sure you go to bed in a good mental head space. Also I am volunteering my "services" for your survivor SP camp :p

Posted via Mobile Device

SaraMQ,

Try taking some Melatonin before bed time. Your super powers may be

somewhat diffused in the morning, but they will come back to you.

Also, try to maintain a routine each night before you go to sleep.

If that doesn't work, try a double scotch.

Posted via Mobile Device

I hope it helped you to get up and write about your dreams, Sara.

I was plagued by a recurring nightmare for years, based on a traumatic event in my life. As time passed, I had the dream less often and now I'm happy to note that it only recurs every few months.

It helped me to avoid the news in the evening and to refuse to discuss or think about things that made me anxious or worried. I would read something light and pleasant before going to sleep, too. If I woke up, I would get up and stay up for a little while, have a cup of chamomile tea or warm milk, and draw or cuddle the cat until I was sleepy again.