Hey Guys and Gals

I ran a post about 3 weeks ago to see if there was interest in a playoff draft. There were some interest by the post and PM's so I will give it a shot. Could be fun. Keeps people interested in the playoffs I find, especially once their favorite team is out. Hard to have a prize for the winner in this situation but I might be able to come up with something.

Keep it simple. Just pick 10 players.

I will throw the teams up on Officepools and post the link when I do.

PM them to me or if you prefer email let me know and I will get it to you. Wasn't sure if I could post it here.

Playoffs start on Wednesday the 13th so if you could get them to me by Wednesday evening sometime that would be great.

So lets give it a shot and keep your stick on the ice !

ps. Open to anyone who doesn't want to participate but would like to be an honorary Hockey Playoff Cheerleader for the 2011 playoffs. No tryouts necessary. Just must be female ! HaHa

Interesting. Count me in, but a question or two-can it be any 10 players, regardless of position? Can goalies be drafted? If so, what stats are important and how do their numbers measure up against those of the skaters?

Good question as I sure wasn't very clear on that.

I think just keep it simple

10 players ... forwards and/or defensemen

No goalies

1 point for goal

1 point for assist

Interesting. Count me in, but a question or two-can it be any 10 players, regardless of position? Can goalies be drafted? If so, what stats are important and how do their numbers measure up against those of the skaters?

I just thought I would refresh this thread to catch anyone who missed it on the weekend. There is interest and three or four entries so far.

Playoffs start tomorrow night

Thanks to everone that entered teams in the draft ! We will have fun with it ! I will put them on officepools and let you know the link.

I imagine there are some happy Canadians today with the big Canucks win last night.

Thanks again.

Thanks to everone that entered teams in the draft ! We will have fun with it ! I will put them on officepools and let you know the link.

I imagine there are some happy Canadians today with the big Canucks win last night.

Thanks again.

Go Leafs go! Oh, wait.....I'm out.

Thanks to those that entered the draft.

They are posted on Officepools

www.officepools.com

draft name : cerbie2011

password : bacardi

http://playoffs.officepools.com/draftpool/cerbie2011/

Good Luck Cerbies !

I run these drafts but never seem to win. Go with my heart and not who I should be picking. Maybe this is the year !!

http://playoffs.officepools.com/draftpool/cerbie2011/

Ah Meg, it is early days. :)

I was going to ask you to join my cheerleader team, but since we are competitors......

Thanks for doing this Lee!

Well, money talks! Anyhow, from what I've heard, BP was founded in Edmonton, so playoffs are out of the picture. Mind you, their HQ are now in Vancouver, so the Cup is in the cards this year.

Meanwhile, it might be that Meg may have to discard her Bruins jersey real soon, not that we mind when she takes off her clothing!

toine, a BBR fan

It sure is Ottguy. I looks as though an Anaheim victory could sure be bad for some of us the way they are scoring.

Had a peak at the stats this morning. Close race so far!

Well Meg and I are fighting it out to see who is on the bottom. Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Ah man, our players will start filling the net soon Meg.

Oh Oh. Last place in the pool this morning, and I could potentially lose all 10 of my players tonight. This is very stressful! :)

Oh Oh. Last place in the pool this morning, and I could potentially lose all 10 of my players tonight. This is very stressful! :)

Your on vacation. Don't get stressed out !!

BC could be a great place to be if the Nucks win tonight !....or take cover if they lose...lol

Your on vacation. Don't get stressed out !!

BC could be a great place to be if the Nucks win tonight !....or take cover if they lose...lol

No stress. :) IF I go out I will be cheering for Meg!

If the Canucks lose tonight, yuou don't want to be Luongo. Man they are vicious out here!!!!!

mrrnice2 will live another day! With some luck, his Habs players will make it to the next round as well

Last place :vl:poor me!!!

No worries Meg. It's only the first round. You still got 8 players left. All is good. My Flyers are gonna spank :spank: your Bruins in the second round though ! :wink: Haha

and Mr Nice.... Those Canucks have pulled through for ya tonight !

Well, my Canadiens let me down, so it is not looking so good for me! So Meg, never fear, I think you are in good shape. :)