Not sure how to approach this one, could just PM the Mod, but others may have other opinions or suggestions which would be useful.

I'd like to see some of the groups I belong to more active. I wonder if it's possible to send out a PM alert to the members of that group when there is a new message entered in the group. As far I can see the only way you know what's happening is by checking periodically.

• Like 1

Hey Boomer... why not just keep a public thread on a social group and bump it when there is something more to share. It may be cumbersome, but if I am looking for details on the next social (for example), I can go to the general discussion board and look for the social thread and see if there is any news.

Those are both great ideas :) A lot time you don't think to stop in and check what new is going on in the group. I think that would be very beneficial.

Thanks for starting this thread, boomer. I'd be interested in ideas to stimulate the groups too. Sometimes there's lots going on, but then there are dry periods.

I have a thread on the main board for RHAG and some of my other groups, but haven't been using these consistently. Good ideas, though, OD and Carley.

I have used my initial thread for the cooking and baking group to let people know that members posted recipes ....

Interesting thread! I too would like to see the various Cerb groups be featured more prominently. I wonder if it is possible to have a section on Cerbs main page devoted to the various social groups? Of course considering that there are so many groups having an entire section may prove prohibitive...

I wonder if it's feasible to add a social groups tab along the top of the page, on the line with user cp, quick lnks, logout, etc? Just to make it easier to find the groups?