I know this topic has come up several times but I feel it must be addressed again.

First of all, I'm a relatively new member here and came on this board with no reviews. My first step was to get to know the board, talk to people, make new friends and establish myself. It's been a gradual process and am very happy I took these steps as I now consider many on here to be friends and the mutual respect has been extraordinary. I'm not new to this business and did have the advantage of having a few references when I did join the board. However, I am very grateful to the Gents that remembered me and gave me a new start on here. It means a great deal to me and I've worked hard to establish my presence. At the same time, it was my pleasure to reassure members here that I am reputable and take the steps necessary to establish a good rapport before a meet.

Now on to to the opposite end of the spectrum for the new Gentleman members. Please take the time to establish yourself on here as well. I don't think any ladies or going to see you if you cannot provide a nice introduction as a new member to be welcomed to this board. When we get a message from someone with no history or reference, we ABSOLUTELY screen. Do you expect us to just say "Oh yes, I have no clue who you are, where you have been, and you can come on over right away." This ties into yesterdays thread I know but it feels like it never ends. We are constantly bombarded with "one liners" and no mannerisms. Please refer to the "getting started" thread if communication is challenging for you. We all need to play safe and I doubt you're going to get anywhere here if you do not take the necessary steps to have a great experience on this board as well as with the ladies. Respect goes very far in this world and an absolute necessity on here as well. If not, you will not get far!

• Like 4

Erin, I'm not that much more a CERB veteran than you and completely agree with your approach to establishing yourself. I did and continue to try and do the same in building a respected profile for those who I may be fortnate to meet.

The difference I've learned;

- CERB is more about the establishment of a community and it's members.

- this is not the 'ad' section where you simply swing by and see 'who is on tonight'.

If that seems like too much effort than both ladies/gents are probably using the wrong means. For those who invest just a little...the rewards are amazing!

Cub

The difference I've learned;

- CERB is more about the establishment of a community and it's members.

- this is not the 'ad' section where you simply swing by and see 'who is on tonight'.

I think of CERB as "fine dining" as opposed to the others that are more on the level of a "drive through".

• Like 1

I spent a lot of my first posts here providing information (hopefully valuable) and letting people get to know me a bit. Its tough starting out, but like virtually everything in life you will get out of it what you put into it.

The problem with drive thru service, is you get drive thru quality! If you want quality you have take the time and effort for it. You can't walk into a 5 star restaurant and get food in 30 seconds!

I think of CERB as "fine dining" as opposed to the others that are more on the level of a "drive through".

Everyone has to start somewhere...however one hopes that it is someplace pleasant.

There are very few threads on this board if any (I have not read even a fraction of what has been written on CERB to date) where you cannot observe the quality of thought and the sharpness of many a member of CERB.

All of that being said, establishing yourself in the community and establishing your profile here on CERB are two entirely different things. One cannot be used as a solid gusge of the other. And both require a different set of skills in order to see success. The most essential and core skill being patience.

The new and even established gentlemen must be patient when communicating both with a desired SP as well as the community at large. Text submitted in haste cannot be retracted easily. The first impression is pretty much the only impression one gets to make.

For the desired SP (and they are always desired :) ) there must be at least some consideration (within safety and reason of course) of the fact that a FNG (the F$&@ing New Guy) is going to show up in your neck of the woods eventually. Now while there is literally volumes written on the subject of how to make a first encounter run smoothly, there are few men that actually read the factory recommended instructions until disaster strikes. (it's a man thing)

In the end, success is a shared responsibility and commodity (literally I think)

PIO

PS. And yes there are and will always be those who both cannot and do not want to be helped. They are to be /ignored :)