CERB is not the platform for airing political rants / views / opinions in my humble view.

That is indeed your opinion which you are entitled to. However, I submit that the 966 people who have viewed this thread AND the 50 people (at the time of this post) who have replied to it would beg to differ with you.

That is indeed your opinion which you are entitled to. However, I submit that the 966 people who have viewed this thread AND the 50 people (at the time of this post) who have replied to it would beg to differ with you.

Sorry dude, but 966 people viewing this thread is like spouting the statistic about how many people sneek a peek at a train-wreck even though they know better. I have replied to this thread , and I agree with him, only because sometimes I am so hard-headed I can't let an incongruous argument go unchallenged.

I have heard so much BS in this thread, including people using sources that are notoriously anti-Semitic (if not completely neo-Nazi) to find an argument to attack a supposed right-wing leader. Stop drinking the Kool-aid folks.

Lol... if only politics doesn't affect EVERYTHING. and if only the elections didn't affect the upcoming ruling on prostitution...

then maybe political discussions would be irrelevant to CERB...

Come on folks, I know we are a community here but the common thread is not politics.

I'm a bit of a politico junkie in real life and enjoy a great debate. To be honest though, I really would rather share politcal conversations in other venues - CERB is not the platform for airing political rants / views / opinions in my humble view.

Remember, why did we log on here - To talk about a Harper / Igggy / Layton threesome - not.....

Musings from an amateur political junkie who loves the ladies...

• Like 3

I have been bisexual since puberty. I am completely capable of falling in love with a man or a woman. Some of my best friends are very, very gay. I have 2 very good friends that are transgendered. This is Harpers stance on gay rights. His views on prostitution are bad enough, but imo, this is worse. So archaic. What decade is he from? I haven't voted for years, but May 2nd, I'm definitely voting. I'm so passionate about my freedom to marry who I want. If Harper gets in I will cry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFbPz6hMa1c

Reporters were shouted down by Tory supporters when they tried to ask questions from Harper today in Missisauga!!!. So what is new. Evasive, secretive dirty campaign is typical of Harper regime not to mention corruptions, scandals typical of his government. Btw, liberal supporters homes and cars were also vandalized in Toronto!!!. A true face of democracy!!!.

Btw, by social justice I meant creating and maintaining a just society where citizens regardless of their race, religion, wealth, position, gender, color, orientation enjoy equal rights and freedom. A society where wealth is fairly distributed among the citizens (unlike many countries in middle east, africa, central/south america in which 1% of population own 99% of wealth in those countries (those connected to the regime in power). In Egypt for example Mubarak's wealth estimated at $50 to $100 billion and 30 million Egyptions are living in absolute poverty!!. Social justice is that every citizen is entitled to a minimum standard of living. That is food on table and roof overhead and where every sick person is entitled to a reasonable health care. Where the rich pay their fair share. Where every citizen is protected equally under a just system. Where freedom of speech and rights is respected and protected.

Stephen Harper wants bigger prisons to put more prisoners. Just like the states. Japan has 38 inmates per 100,000. The US has over 760 per 100,000. Their private prisons have more than quadrupled in recent years. Think about it. Be careful next time you chat someone up, you could be having a stay over yourself.

Our leaders are elected to bring leadership to the nation and take decisions that are supposed to be the best for the interest of the general population. But over time:

1) Some will say that the Conservatives express favoritism towards larger corporations with the proposed fiscal amendments so, they are bad...

2) But some will say that the Liberals abused of their power during the Ad Scam scandal so they are bad...

3) Some will say then that the Conservatives of Mulroney has hampered the economic viability of small businesses with the Free Trade Agreement so, they are bad...

4) Some will say that Ontario has seen its development derailed for over 10 years because of the social contract of Bob Rae and the NDP so, they are bad...

5) Back to federal, some will say that the huge debt of the country is due to the Liberals of Trudeau in the 70s so, they are bad...

6) Before that, the Conservatives of Diefenbaker has blocked important technological advances for Canada by canning the Avro project, which would have brought Canada as a world leader so, they are bad...

And it could go on with MacKenzie King, Borden, Laurier, all the way to John A. MacDonald.

But the way I see it, one must not forget the past but must live in the present.

• Like 1

Guest s****i*

I like his hair.

Additional Comments:

It's kind of like a helmet! And I think our Elected officials should all wear helmets, because clearly their parents didn't make them when they learned to ride their bicycles on the street.