Testing a recommendation feature

We had a new feature made and customized for the site and we are just working out the bugs and making sure we have everything before we fully launch the feature.

Please have a look at it and let us know what it is missing!

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=91

It should be a MUCH better solution for everyone for recommendations as well as searching here on cerb. I thing the best thing would be to have a section for each city. I would love to hear your thoughts and suggestions to improve on it before we launch it.

(Keep in mind if you post some trial recommendations they may be deleted when we move this out of beta testing).

MOD... I like it, it is informative,user friendly and takes the leg work out typing allot of info..ie rate,hygiene,incall, rating of the SP.... It is a good tool!

I like the idea...but does this not make it more live a review rather than a recommondation?

You may noy be able to actually write a bad review...but you could not actually lower the ranking by putting lower numbers in?

We could make it so that you can only give the rankings a score of between 6 and 10 ? Then make a note that if you would score this person lower then it would not be a recommendation... should that be something to consider? We don't want it to be used to post bad reviews (they would be removed as they are now) it's only for recommendations

Good point antlerman, I was looking at it last night. I just know that women don't fit into little boxes, so anything that is about their person is tremendously subjective. I have always found anything that tries to classify people to be somewhat inaccurate due to an individuals perception. It's difficult to put the essence of someone on a graph. We will have to see...

Catherine

Not trying to put a damper on this at all......but....

My question is that when some one enters their "recommondation" numbers does it just show a running total or will it show what each persons numbers were?

if the thread shows each persons numbers that they used, it will prevent some one comming in and putting all low numbers to discredit a providor.

It is going to be tricky to put a number on intelligence or composure, how do we rate an SP's togetherness or how centered they are to use some of the hippy terms from my youth, these things are what or make or break it for me. I think this system does clear the air on about 40% of what matters to me it's the other 60% that is subjective, I guess we will need to be more creative in the description section. I think it is a step in the right direction and will make things much easier for newbies. We just need to put our social engineering hats on to figure out how to convey the un-ratable things!

Guest f***2f***

I think it looks good and will need to be tested to see how it works out. I find reading a review tells me a lot about the reviewer too and whether I agree with their perspective or not and therefore whether I validate their recommendation.

Bingo...

"I find reading a review tells me a lot about the reviewer too and whether I agree with their perspective or not and therefore whether I validate their recommendation."

Exactly my thoughts as well...that is why I stated that system is user friendly, with the ratings.

I would also tend to believe that most of us long time posters would validate recommendations on our own, and through pm's to one another anyways.

I think it might be too detailed. Lots of check boxes and many may not apply to the encounter, however it doesn't mean that this service was not available. i.e. "Greek" Because I did not have greek with an sp during my encounter I would not check that box however it doesn't mean it was not available. Be cause I left it uncheck, others may think it is not available and look for a different SP. It could be very misleading. Opposite could be true, maybe I got greek with one SP but she is not willing to offer it to others. I think you could reduce the number of checked boxes.

Another thing is try to avoid sounding negative. i.e. there is a box for shaved pussy and one for hairy pussy. If I do not check shaved pussy then it should be assumed it was hairy so why the 2 boxes.

Not all sps like to be reviewed in so many details (ymmv) so what happens then. Maybe the check box section needs to be optional and clearly identified as so.

I like the idea but I think you might end up with people checking boxes and making no comments. Maybe you could force having a description containing a min number of words so people can not only check boxes. After all If the lady is worth a recommendation it should be easy to be inspired and come up with some words.

Loneskater is on to something here, YMMV is indeed a big thing and there are ladies out there that do accommodate me and ask me to mention the particular extra as they are not comfortable making a usual service, so if I leave all the usual stuff unchecked it will look weird?

Maybe a check to say that you prefer not to check or YMMV as an alternative or AHY (Ask her yourself).

Anyway lets launch the thing I got me a load of ladies to post!!!

Not trying to put a damper on this at all......but....

My question is that when some one enters their "recommondation" numbers does it just show a running total or will it show what each persons numbers were?

if the thread shows each persons numbers that they used, it will prevent some one comming in and putting all low numbers to discredit a providor.

Yes, it shows what each person recommended in a comment thread

I think this system does clear the air on about 40% of what matters to me it's the other 60% that is subjective, I guess we will need to be more creative in the description section. I think it is a step in the right direction and will make things much easier for newbies. We just need to put our social engineering hats on to figure out how to convey the un-ratable things!

Let me know if you come up with anything to add before we go live. The problem is once we go live adding and removing stuff could cause problems so we should be ready before turning it on.

I think it might be too detailed. Lots of check boxes and many may not apply to the encounter, however it doesn't mean that this service was not available. i.e. "Greek" Because I did not have greek with an sp during my encounter I would not check that box however it doesn't mean it was not available.

I think the comment system will help with this, everyone can "Add" more info as a comment these check boxes were mainly intended for searching. They have all been assigned to the search field so you can look for a recommended SP in Ottawa that does DATY using the search feature. If this is successful we could consider getting a recommendation search feature specific for the recommendation area's (I am sure this could be done)

Another thing is try to avoid sounding negative. i.e. there is a box for shaved pussy and one for hairy pussy. If I do not check shaved pussy then it should be assumed it was hairy so why the 2 boxes. Not all sps like to be reviewed in so many details (ymmv) so what happens then. Maybe the check box section needs to be optional and clearly identified as so.

Good points, this is the stuff I need feedback on the most. What is missing and what is redundant.

I like the idea but I think you might end up with people checking boxes and making no comments. Maybe you could force having a description containing a min number of words so people can not only check boxes. After all If the lady is worth a recommendation it should be easy to be inspired and come up with some words.

Very good idea! I mandatory write up is something that is should have I will see what I can do about that.

What else is missing or redundant? Let me know before we launch!

P.S. to Dummpy... Hold tight I will try to get it up as quick as possible. Let's make sure it's done right to avoid future problems as it will be a paid to delete or add stuff as database's don't care for adding and removing tables and fields once they are set up (Can cause some odd stuff to happen)

Ok, New and improved recommendation page has been made based on your feedback so far. Does it still need tweaking?