Can anyone tell me where a good place is to get a real therapeutic massage?

I have been to a few and they just give a wimpy Swedish massage and I just don't feel any better after.

My old therapist used to really dig deep in my back and it would hurt a little during, but I could really feel a difference after.

I am expecting a few funny replies with this thread! But I do need some info.

Yes I have and all the ones she has recommended say they are too scared to give a deep tissue massage!

What could possibly go wrong!

I have a slight spinal injury and they seem to be hesitant to apply any pressure.

Can anyone tell me where a good place is to get a real therapeutic massage?

I have been to a few and they just give a wimpy Swedish massage and I just don't feel any better after.

My old therapist used to really dig deep in my back and it would hurt a little during, but I could really feel a difference after.

I am expecting a few funny replies with this thread! But I do need some info.

i have gone to this dr. he's a chiropractor no massage with happy ending but always felt good when i came out of there this guy would put u in a postion then jump on u (lol) but it works when i get sore i go see him a few times then good for awhile

A google search came up with these clincs in Ottawa

Vitalforce Massage Therapy Clinic on Meadowbrook Rd

Mooney's Bay Wellness Centreon on Ridgewood Ave

There are other that are listed but you can do a search as well.

I have no experience with any of these places so I cannot

speak to the quailty of the massage.

I have learned that massage is all about find the type of massage you want and finding the right person to deal with.

Angie of Angel's Touch/Paradise Spa used to give an excellent therapeutic massage but I don't know if she works as an MP anymore.

The Physio students at Ottawa U used to offer therapeutic massage ($10 for 20 minutes) but the school year has just about ended.

I recommend my back guy.

Bill at Fascial North. He is online, so you should be able to just google it.

Bill is a physio and he does really good work. His clinic is near Bank and Sunnyside, which is in the Carleton University area.

the best place I know is The Ontario physical center on woodroffe near meadowlands. They are one of the 6 ohip partial payment centers left in ottawa.

They ae all liscensed no hanky panky.

It is a professiional set up massages are extra but they do sonar, teach you excercise to help with pack pain to hot towel and sonar treatments.

They have helped me alot with my compressed discs and pinch nerves which effected my back.

Edited by E.D. man

the best place I know is The Ontario physical center on woodroffe near meadowlands. They are one of the 6 ohip partial payment centers left in ottawa.

They ae all liscensed no hanky panky.

It is a professiional set up massages are extra but they do sonar teach you excercise to help with pack pain to hot towel and sonar treatments.

They have helped me alot with my compressed discs and pinch nerves which effected my back.

What do you mean by sonar treatment?

Just lie face down on the floor and have someone (not too heavy) walk up and down your back!!! If you have kids, this works wonderfully!

Just lie face down on the floor and have someone (not too heavy) walk up and down your back!!! If you have kids, this works wonderfully!

Sure sure.....leave it to a woman to suggest to have some one walk all over you..........nice......LOL

Not sure if that is what I am looking for!!!

But you can feel free to rube my back or front any time!! Wink Wink!

Not sure if that is what I am looking for!!!

But you can feel free to rube my back or front any time!! Wink Wink!

With GREAT pleasure :)

I just thought of some other things you can do to me Meg when I come up in July...glad I'm coming for three hours now

RG

I just thought of some other things you can do to me Meg when I come up in July...glad I'm coming for three hours now

RG

Me too :) what fun we shall have!!!

What do you mean by sonar treatment?

they use sonar waves t0 treat your pain also low electrical treatment. it is a machine that has things that attach to your back and send waves.

Getting an x-ray of your back would help them treat you plus a refferal from your doctor.

If you have a medical plan with work some of this should be covered.

Edited by E.D. man
add

Whenever I want a masseuse to go medieval on the knots in my back I went to see Rosa at BodyCare. Ask for a hard massage and she will lean into your back with her elbow and work the knots out. Yes it may hurt a little, but my back always felt great afterwards. Apparently, BodyCare does offer receipts.

On a seperate note about back ailments, a few years back I bought a heated mattress cover and I found that a little bit of heat throughout the night seemed to have cleared my back problems. I used to chew back meds like candy and now, I cannot recall the last time I took any.

Whenever my back starts to act up I find that some exercise really helps. Its usually

a sign that I need to do a run or maybe workout with some light weights. And

a few minutes of situps really do the trick also.

Posted via Mobile Device