Went home last weekend, ran into a regular SP in a local Mall. Been enjoying her company for over 4 years, wonderful lady. I would call her at least every six weeks, sometimes more frequent, sometimes less frequent..but regularly. She was with a gentleman, so I didn't say/do anything except keep walking. I wanted to have acknowledgement as we approached, acknowlegement in the form of a glance, maybe, but something/anything. We passed, nothing. I didn't feel bad, upset or basically anything. New experience..she is a wonderful woman, whom I will call again...as a man who enjoys the time spent with a SP...was I wrong?

I agree you did the right thing. Shakespeare said: 'The better part of valour is discretion; in the which better part I have saved my life.' and perhaps others....

If as a client we ask for discretion, maybe we should return the same favor and do the same in return. Why not! SPs are human being and deserve the same treat as any other worker. As a matter of fact they should deserve more discretion than any other since they are delevering very intimate services that should be kept secret. I would probably dislike if a SP come tell me hi while I am with my friends or my daughter. I think it works both ways.

If as a client we ask for discretion, maybe we should return the same favor and do the same in return. Why not! SPs are human being and deserve the same treat as any other worker. As a matter of fact they should deserve more discretion than any other since they are delevering very intimate services that should be kept secret. I would probably dislike if a SP come tell me hi while I am with my friends or my daughter. I think it works both ways.

Well said!

definately not wrong in doing what you did. Discretion goes both ways. I may see someone, sure i have to look to be able to notice, but dont stare, dont walk up to them, it keeps your personal encounters between you and your SP to yourselves, and that courtisy is always appreciated

A lot depends on the circumstances and how well you know each other, take your cue from her. She'll give an indication if she's comfortable with acknowledging you.

You did the right thing...Granted every situation is different and if you have had the "if we pass in public" chat then it may fall under different circumstances.

I have seen people I have met in this business and always kept to my self(this always seems to happen in an airport for some reason, I always keep to myself unless previously discussed. I would never jeopardise anyones privacy ever.

Because you never know who either person is with, it is important to play this as if you just saw them for the first time. I don't see a problem with eye conyact and a simple smile to acknowledge each others presence. That can be done with discretion and ensure no unforseen or uncomfortable situations arise.

The only other way would be to have a previously designed signal you both knew, to assure the "coast was clear" to confirm it was safe to approach each other.

There is no question in my mind that Jim handled the situation correctly. In fact it is my understanding that it is common courtesy within the industry between SP's and hobbyist to always look the other way if we meet in public. It has never happened to me and I have often wondered how I would feel if it did. No doubt there would be a tug in my heart at the time, and a huge temptation to smile, or wink or something. I am positive I would resist such temptations and we would laugh about it later in an email exchange.