Ottawa Cisco Bluesfest 2011 - Any plans to attend?

Seems every year, there are less actual "blues" acts.

Nonetheless, I think I may go see Peter Frampton's Comes Alive - 35 tour - saw him back in 1976 at the Civic Centre. It will be interesting to see that show again.

The only other artist that caught my fancy was legendary guitarists, Joe Satriani and Buddy Guy.

Cheap Trick? C'mon, really?

http://www.ottawabluesfest.ca/

Have to admit I was very disappointed by the acts that were brought in this year. There are some of the old standards like Blue Rodeo and Tragically Hip that I would go and see. Also I think the Steve Miller Band, Huey Lewis and the News and John Fogerty caught my eye. Overall though a very weak offering compared to last year and years past.

Joe Satriani ???? ... now we are talking!!!! Might not be blues but still, a great one to see in concert ....

Guest S**a*Q

JOHN BUTLER TRIO!!!

SHEEPDOGS!!!

A PERFECT CIRCLE...

They are amazing...

Check them out ;)

There are really good bands this year.

The Roots,

Tegan and sara,

The Black Keys,

Ben Harper.

Although this line up doesnt seems to be as much as last yrs. Maybe more addition to come.

• Like 1

I have to agree with Angela, there are less Blues acts, but I always try to check it out.

You never know who you will discover.

I'll be going. There's one or two bands I'd really like to see, quite a few that I'd be interested to check out - and, of course, the splendid serendipity of stumbling in on some band you've never heard of who turn out to be completely awesome. Happens every year :)

I honestly don't give a damn about the 'less and less blues every year' thing - I'm quite happy with variety!

I'll be going. I am personally impressed with the lineup this year. I am interested in the following acts: Soundgarden, Ben Harper, Steve Miller Band, John Forgerty, Joe Satriani, Cheap Trick and Peter Frampton.

Albeit they are all rock acts, they all have blues undertones in their music. I really enjoy the inclusive direction that the organizers of the festival have been taking in the last few years.

I'm not a fan of "blues," but I saw Weezer there last year and that was great. Nothing really catches my eye this year though.

Some the real blues gems are not the headliners obviously. Last year on Saturday morning I watched Bjorn Berge from Norway (I believe). Amazing blues guitar...

I agree the variety of types of music keeps it interesting and of course is there anything more subjective than music?

I want to see Huey Lewis, Cheap Trick, Joe Satriani, Steve Miller, John Butler, A Perfect Circle and a bunch more. Let's hope they get weather like they had last year as well.

Folk festival should be interesting this year as well as they are now part of the Bluesfest family.

I also had the pleasure of seeing Bjorn Berge and I agree he was amazing. He did one concert outside on the Saturday and another one inside at the War Museum which was out of this world.

Has anybody been yet? I'm still shooting for Peter Frampton this Sunday and Joe Satriani, the Sunday afterwards.

I might be seeing Billy talent with friends! Weeeeee

Posted via Mobile Device

Might go see Tragically Hip on Saturday, either Theory of a Deadman or Tea Party next Thursday.

I saw Tegan and Sara last night, they were fantastic! They played a lot of their old stuff (which was great because I think it's better than their new stuff) and they are SUPER funny to see on stage. I laughed a lot and had a blast!

1258121505-teganandsara-01-wide.jpg

• Like 1

The Dropkicks for sure, and then the difficult choice of Mother Mother, Jane's Addiction, and Blackie and the Rodeo Kings all at relatively the same time. Also going to Metric with a friend, and of course wrap it all up with Cheap Trick. " I want you to want me..... "

I saw Tegan and Sara last night, they were fantastic! They played a lot of their old stuff (which was great because I think it's better than their new stuff) and they are SUPER funny to see on stage. I laughed a lot and had a blast!

I dropped in on them for a bit... but they weren't as good as Soundgarden, so not for long :)

Highlights so far (apart from that): Skrillex and Whale Tooth. Both awesome - but completely different - and I knew nothing about either. Which is why I like Bluesfest so much, because finding new stuff is *fun*!