Be a better (1 percent) person than we were yesterday!

I just read a quote from a 20 year old entrepreneur yesterday.  Lots of people envy him since he is only 20, but yet already pretty successful in mastering his entrepreneurship skills.  One of his quote that can be an inspiration for all of us is "be a better, at least 1 per cent better person than we were yesterday!".

My God, that is really true, especially in my case.  I have wasted too much time on sleeping and getting lazy in bed, doing nothing lately lol.  I can do so many things better than that instead.

After reading his quote, i decided truly to become a better person than me  yesterday.  

When I woke up this morning, instead of getting lazy for an hour or longer in bed, i straight go to the bathroom, freshen up, and get ready for my day.

I just joined CNBC pro, so i take benefit of reading in depth interviews and articles for pro members only.  I will do some groceries later on and be more productive today,  and i promise to be a better me tomorrow and the day after tomorrow....  Simply to be at least, 1 percent better than I were yesterday!

Shall we all try this simple method to become a better person?

Let's do it for the better us.  We live only once and life is too short, so let's get better, productive, sexier, prettier, wiser, healthier....smarter..and the list goes on.

Muah! happy Sunday and happy Thanksgiving everyone

Allie

Edited by Allie Zeon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well you’re pretty amazing to start with Allie...

And I love that advice.  Particularly hard to be motivated these days.  I can’t even get my dog to walk longer than 20 minutes these days.  He’s not motivated either.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Sharpe said:

And I love that advice.  Particularly hard to be motivated these days.  I can’t even get my dog to walk longer than 20 minutes these days.  He’s not motivated either.

thanks!

Most of us take our beautiful, exciting (yet can be challenging at time) life for granted.

I definitely took my easy life for granted few years back until i broke up with my partner and had a big car accident then i realized nothing in life is for certain.  We have to earn it to get our dream life.

When we were young, none of us will think we will be older someday.

Just few years back, i made a traffic jam in Tunis because men over there were fascinated by my beauty and appearance.

It might be laughable if i tell the same story probably even by now, or for sure 10 years from now.

Bottom line is don't waste our short life.  I learnt the hard way and i promise will  not make the same mistake twice.

let's be a better us:)

muah!

Edited by Allie Zeon
  • Like 2

Thanks for sharing that.  Good advice for sure, especially on this strangely distant Thanksgiving weekend when it’s a little harder to be with family.

I'm sure 10 years from now you’ll still be causing traffic jams

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sharpe said:

........  I can’t even get my dog to walk longer than 20 minutes these days.

lol, Sharpe! I have to wonder whether having four dogs would provide you with an 80 minute walk? :)

• Haha 3

Strangely enough I know what it’s like to stop traffic too.  I don’t know how many times I would be walking along a hiking trail and hear women say “he’s so handsome” or “so cute”.  There is a slight chance they were talking about the dog, but I doubt it.

And yes one time someone stopped their car and asked to take a picture of the dog.

It’s hard to be so handsome...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2020 at 8:32 AM, Sharpe said:

Strangely enough I know what it’s like to stop traffic too.  I don’t know how many times I would be walking along a hiking trail and hear women say “he’s so handsome” or “so cute”.  There is a slight chance they were talking about the dog, but I doubt it.

And yes one time someone stopped their car and asked to take a picture of the dog.

It’s hard to be so handsome...

True.  My first and third dogs were so cute when they were a puppy.  Few people literally stop their car and asked whether or not they could pet them.  Not now anymore.  They have grown to over 90 lbs lol

Edited by Allie Zeon
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Allie Zeon said:

True.  My first and third dogs were so cute when they were a puppy.  Few people literally stop their car and asked whether or not they could pet them.  Not now anymore.  They have grown to over 90 lbs lol

I have the honour and pleasure of knowing Allie and her dogs quite well they're all well behaved and in control - well maybe not Allie so much :) 😁

Allie you're trying to dodge responsibility here - you're the one who causes the damn traffic jams and the one people want to stop to pet.

But I digress from the topic of this thread..... maybe I've only 1/2 % today - I'm still working on it though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/11/2020 at 9:24 AM, Allie Zeon said:

I just read a quote from a 20 year old entrepreneur yesterday.  Lots of people envy him since he is only 20, but yet already pretty successful in mastering his entrepreneurship skills.  One of his quote that can be an inspiration for all of us is "be a better, at least 1 per cent better person than we were yesterday!".

My God, that is really true, especially in my case.  I have wasted too much time on sleeping and getting lazy in bed, doing nothing lately lol.  I can do so many things better than that instead.

After reading his quote, i decided truly to become a better person than me  yesterday.  

When I woke up this morning, instead of getting lazy for an hour or longer in bed, i straight go to the bathroom, freshen up, and get ready for my day.

I just joined CNBC pro, so i take benefit of reading in depth interviews and articles for pro members only.  I will do some groceries later on and be more productive today,  and i promise to be a better me tomorrow and the day after tomorrow....  Simply to be at least, 1 percent better than I were yesterday!

Shall we all try this simple method to become a better person?

Let's do it for the better us.  We live only once and life is too short, so let's get better, productive, sexier, prettier, wiser, healthier....smarter..and the list goes on.

Muah! happy Sunday and happy Thanksgiving everyone

Allie

Allie❤️💜, you're the exact type of person I would love to be friends with I feel the exact same way if we can only be 1% better than we were yesterday then that's an improvement from yesterday I meditate I'm starting to go for walks with my dog and the trails I too got lazy also,, now I'm trying to get back to nature and trying to find out who I really am I wish you all the best you are a beautiful lady from the pictures that I've seen of you and you definitely sound like a beautiful soul inside and out I hope to meet you someday lots of love xoxo

• Like 2

On 10/15/2020 at 6:12 AM, Victoria69 said:

Allie❤️💜, you're the exact type of person I would love to be friends with I feel the exact same way if we can only be 1% better than we were yesterday then that's an improvement from yesterday I meditate I'm starting to go for walks with my dog and the trails I too got lazy also,, now I'm trying to get back to nature and trying to find out who I really am I wish you all the best you are a beautiful lady from the pictures that I've seen of you and you definitely sound like a beautiful soul inside and out I hope to meet you someday lots of love xoxo

so sweet!  thank you so much sis.  Hopefully our path will cross someday dear

• Like 1