Sign in to follow this  

Covid Christmas 2020

Much smaller get together and Skype or Zoom for family who normally travel.

Other than that, not much change.

Guest lydiahardwood

Very different! I normally have multiple dinners and parties with different friends but this year the only person I'll be seeing is my Mom on Christmas Day. Normally I would see my sister but she is due to have her baby at the end of December so doesn't want to be around anyone in case she gets the dreaded C word. I'm just trying to keep positive and constantly counting my blessings - at least we are all healthy and happy. 🙂 What about you @ModCat

Mine will be a very quiet one this year. A distanced wave from their front porch from my kids (one with an almost toddler) or maybe a call/facetime/zoom with them. For the past three years we've gathered to help serve Christmas dinner to the homeless and those on their own at a local church. Given my underlying medical conditions I'll practice strict social distancing this year.

This song may seem a little sad on the surface but a thoughtful listen identifies many ways, those of us who are able to, can help the less fortunate. That is what Christmas Spirit is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chTMOuuUZi4

I asked Stan to play this for me at a post-concert house party not long before I spent my 'first Christmas away from home' - I spent it winter camping, above treeline, in the mountains of northern Scandinavia. If Ottawa gets any snow soon I may reprise that trip. Peace on Earth is quite easy to observe out in the remote, snowy woods.

Stay safe, be peaceful and enjoy this season of giving!