How Long to Wait for a Reply

I'm like Meg. I return most emails/texts promptly... but sometimes I see an email on my phone and decide to write the reply when I get back to my computer... and because it's been ''read'' I may forget sometimes!

Also on occasion an email will go for some strange reason to my spam folder when it had no good reason to go there! I would wait 48 hrs for a response and if you don't get one either text if possible or send another email. Can't hurt right?

• Like 1

I like to make initial contact through PM, Text or email. Being the shy guy that I am, I find it breaks the ice. If I don't hear back withing a few hours, I move on. Most of the time I have the need right away or same day and can't ussually wait. There are a few ladies that this works OK with and others that it doesn't. I think it depends on the SP and how they prefer to be contacted. I find the ladies on CERB to be the best and are

very responsive within 24-48 hours as a norm. As always things can come up or they are

taking some time off and I respect that. :)

Usually with SPs, expect 24-48 hours unless they are away and then they should have a vacation message stating that they are away.

Personally, I'm not crazy about using email anymore and prefer that the person contacts me on cerb or by calling me on the phone or texting because I am never at my computer all the time. To cut costs on my phone, I do not have email forwarded there. I don't put an email address in my ads anymore either. With technology rapidly advancing all the time, I find people want a quick response and with texting, you can get an answer almost immediately.

• Like 1

Like any business, I think a reply should be as prompt as possible, especially with the technology we have today. Most sps I've contacted reply within 24 hrs.

One lady I know will arrive for an appointment a few minutes early (and let you know she will). She then re-records her voice mail greeting (many times a day), "Hi, this is so-and-so, it's Friday, May 25th and thanks for calling. I'll be checking my voice mail again at 5 PM today so if you leave me a message I'll be returning your call between 5 and 5:15 PM, again thanks for calling and have a great day", otherwise she answers!

She does this religiously before every appointment so if it goes to voice mail you know exactly when she will be calling back, what a great little business lady, bet it's rare she ever misses an opportunity.

I like Emily's email auto responder also as that lets you know when to expect a reply.

Whatever you want to call it, it's a business and people are way more patient if they know when you can get back to them and if that works for their schedule also.