Covid 3Rs: Risks, Reactions, Responsibilities

This radio segment was broadcast on CBC Ottawa on the anniversary of Canada's first identified Covid case (clearly it wasn't the 'first' nor the 'only' case) and the piece provides food for thought, questions and a sense of our uncertainties with general observations. https://www.cbc.ca/listen/live-radio/1-92-all-in-a-day/clip/15820729-dr-column-canada-marking-bleak-milestone-today

My Risks: while being low, the consequences are high (underlying health issues) so glad to be able to completely isolate and operate on-line. As an adventurer and risk taker I'm being very cautious now. 'A ship in the harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are for' (ship = cock, harbour = condom..... yep, 3 kids no STI .... so far). 

Reactions: or how I respond to my risk tolerance for these Covid times. I've only seen a very few local ladies who have mainstream employment and can work from home. I've kept a minimum 20 day quarantine between any visits. One MA I see keeps a very small bubble but once her kids started back to school I'm down to offering friend based support by providing curbside pick ups for her (doesn't drive) and won't have an intimate visit until the situation changes. The one SP I've visited tells me I'm her only client and I choose to believe her. She does her mainstream job from home and has already had Covid last March (relatively mild and she thinks an infection from public transit before lockdown). A couple of weeks ago I visited a new-to-me MA and out of caution she didn't want to see me due to my underlying health issues so we arranged a masked, 3+ metre separated social chat and visit - I hope to repeat. Has me very eager to see her intimately when we get out of this situation - I bet that may not be this year. I'm continuing to spend my 'entertainment' budget supporting SW friendly organizations. I've taken a page from @roamingguy's approach to life and have pre-paid for a few visits and I may just pay for them again once we're able to safely schedule them. Haven't tried on-line services yet but will see what happens in the future.

Responsibilities: I'm comfortable with how I'm owning my responsibilities but admit that they're mostly driven by personal concerns. There are multiple daily examples in the media of people acting with no sense of responsibility and unfortunately they add to the public danger to Covid and delay or derail our collective action to get this under control. 

Much of the science we're provided with amounts to 'we don't know....yet' but to quote a Great Danish mathematician (see what I was tempted to do there?) "Knowing what thou knowest not, is in a sense Omniscience".

Thoughts, approaches?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great reading material @waterat, like you I only seen 2 providers since the pandemic and the first one was about 6 month after they declared it a pandemic.  Both were with safety protocol and turned out great, not as great as before because of the safety measures but it was nice to connect with those ladies.

• Thanks 1