Warning:Car Remote Duplicators

After a very stressful week a friend takes me out to dinner for support. On our return to the car we notice his suv door light is on. We both remember him locking up with his remote.

He gets out to check his the back and all his stuff is gone..his laptop, work equipment etc. Everything had been well out of site.

So how the heck did this happen when it was locked? Well he have learned that they sell these universal remotes which can pick up your alarm code. Damn they even tell you how to do it on You tube:

the thing is not on;y can they break into your car but they can get into a gated home a well..just being at the right place at the right time so they can pick up your signal.

So word of caution...when parking especially in a public area use your hand lock..

kisses,

Emma

• Like 2

Guest tr*****e

:icon_eek: OMG that scares the bejeezus outta me thanx for the heads-up!!

Thank you very much, Emma, for bringing this to our attention. Much appreciated.:bigclap:

Guest S*rca****sid

This technology has been around for years. It's good practice not to stand too far away from you vehicle when you are locking the doors.

Thx Emma...pretty scary to think of how easy that is to do...with instructions courtesy of youtube...that's awful. I hope you have a better week, honey

Guest S*rca****sid
So if you lock your doors manually instead of using your remote, this won't happen?

That is right.

That is right.

Good to know. I never keep anything valuable in there anyways. Sometimes I wish someone would come and steal my car because I dislike it so much. Opps, that was my inner voice talking again.

Good to know. I never keep anything valuable in there anyways. Sometimes I wish someone would come and steal my car because I dislike it so much. Opps, that was my inner voice talking again.

If you lock/open it manually your key isn't transmitting the signal hence it can't be captured and duplicated.

• Like 1