It's Saturday morning, at work on the long weekend, bored, just read Notch's joke and now I am thinking about how I can't wait to crack a Bud Light. It is only 8 AM here but it must be 11 o clock somewhere ;)

Soooo. A fun thread about beer. As I love my beer I am a Bud Light Fan ! This is one of my favorite Bud Light commercials :

I am pretty partial to this picture :

bud-light-girls.gif

So as a broad thread for those that may want to share. What is you favorite beer, favorite beer commercial or perhaps you have a beer drinking story that you feel you may want to share.

Cheers :chug:

My favorite beer, well as someone who can't touch alcohol of any sort, in any quantity (even things like vanilla extract) this is a great substitute for real beer, has absolutely no alcohol...makes me feel like I can sit at the grown up table LOL

RG

Becks_non_alcoholic_bottle_2_full_jpg.jpg

I seem to have developed a preference for lagers lately and Steam Whistle is my default choice. Had some Lug o Treead yesterday which was very nice. Guinness when I'm having just a couple.

Posted via Mobile Device

wow , what a time for this thread , i just realized yesterday my beer fridge is dying . anyway i drink bud light as well , i do enjoy the taste , but it came out of neccessity , bud/bud light are really two of the few beers you can find in every establishment you go into .

when first became old enuff to truly enjoy beer and not just drink it up with guys , it was always molson golden , but not alot bars carried it . whenever i go home to saskatoon , my dad has the fridge full of pilsner , sure you can another beer into the house , but he is not gonna let you put it in the fridge .

i once tried le fin du monde [ end of the world ] , its a microbrewery beer from quebec , maxim ranked as one of the ten best microbrewed beers in the world . it wasnt for me , probably really good for cooking with , but i found the after taste far too strong for my liking .

I do not drink much beer anymore (i now prefer wine as it is not as "filling"), but i have a few favorites (and there are many!!).

In "commercially" (in a bar, for example) available beers , Guiness is always a default choice for me.

Big Rock's Grasshopper (a wheat ale) was a fave of mine at one point.

Summer time, though, i tend to get "L'ephemere" -either Apple or Cassis-, which is a white, light beer, tasty and perfect for warm days.

Of course, what better way to enjoy a beer than at a brewpub, enjoying their beer on the patio, and bringing back a few bottles if you can ???

My beer tastes have changed over the years for sure. It is very enjoyable to go into the liquor store and be able to sample beers from around the world, but I invariably return to my favorites.

PEI's one and only microbrewery makes a great selection but Island Red is at the top of the list for me.

Away from home, I go straight to the Keiths Red or Rickards Red.

Rumour has it that The Gahan House, our microbrewery, is about to begin bottling and marketing in Ontario. So, all you Ottawa folks, be prepared for a treat.

• Like 1

I am a beer lover and have to say (please, take no offense) that most domestic, mass produced beers are not really beer.... Bud is made from rice (as oppose to wheat) and the rest just taste too generic for me. I like Beau's (Ottawa), Several Belgian imports, and in a pinch, Stella.

In the end, all that matters is that you like it. I'm no beer snob - taste is individual. And life is short.

Whatever your pleasure, enjoy it fully.

BTW roamingguy..... I avoided alcohol for a long time and still drink the non-alcoholic Beck's often as a matter of choice. Good call - it's a delicious beverage.

i'm a beer drinker coors light for me in the can why the can don't have to worry about them breaking and someone stepping on the broken glass and takes up less room in the fridge to

Actually most beers are not made from wheat, but rather from malted barley. The wheat beers are usually called white. One of my favorite white beers is Blanche de Chambly. It is truly a piece of art. Besides being a favourite among beer enthusiasts, it can also be mixed with orange to create an interesting drink that does not taste like beer.

It is possible to find good quality among the mass produced beers. Rickards White, Red and Dark are also among my favourites.

I for one can't stand the big name beers - coors, bud, etc. I find them to be mostly tasteless and cheap, catering to the college crowd looking to get too hammered to remember. I see people walking the streets around the uOttawa campus during summer carrying case after case of the stuff. Blecch. Of course, being a student at that selfsame university probably makes me a hypocrite!

I prefer darker beers. Rickard's Red or Guinness in a pinch, although my favorites have to be Caledonian 80 or Leffe Brun (which are hard to find sometimes - not even every LCBO stocks them). Delicious.

Guest S**a*Q

Mmmm beer. :)

About time I pipe in on this one.

I go through phases... but mostly beer is beer.

I'm partial to whites and citrusy beers right now, like Hoegaarden, Rickards and Keiths Whites or Mmmm, my current fave, Shocktop. :)

Not too big on the stouts and darks, but Young's Chocolate Stout beer (LCBO) is awesome for a one off :) I can't drink a lot of it but it's got great chocolate undertones and one bottle is about 2 beers or so anyways.

I really miss Crystal, which is a BAD beer from Thunder Bay, (24 for under 30$ lol) but I love it... It's what we all drank. I'm going to get some for sure in August!

I just tried ROGUE Captain Sig's Northwestern Beer (LCBO), cause I've been watching Deadliest Catch, it was really strong and dark and bitter... Not my fave kind but not bad, I think (?). (I drank it Canada Day as well, so my beer tasting judgements were off, I'm sure of it... Had I tried it sober, lol, I may change my mind on that one.) It had lots of sediment in it too which is kind of off-putting for me.

Now I don't love Corona, but it's a good, refreshing beer for patio consumption. I drank a few ;) in Kingston, cause with the purchase of a 710ml you got the Coronita salt and pepper shakers... Hehehe I now have 8 Xmas gifts bought already. Ha! So yeah, I'm easily swayed by schwag. Bear that in mind while reading my beer posts... LOL! *(I also don't like Canadian, but I drank two GIANT 40oz beers of it, cause we got to keep the glasses. :) I'm building my barwear. Hehe!)

For tonight I have Bud Light Lime, which again refreshing when it's hot... It's okay. Maybe considered a girly beer. Okay definitely a girly beer next to that Cap. Sig's stuff... Jebus. Bud Light Lime's not what I wanted but the Beer Store didn't have Shocktop at all and my friend ordered that so I pulled the lazy card and just said "Same" :( Lol!

Well that covers brands... I guess my next post will be about sizing. ;)

I normally prefer tall cans, as they are lighter and bigger than bottles.

BUT after being in Kingston, I've found that sometimes, beer just keeps getting bigger and bigger. ;)

End Beer Talk #1 ;)

Additional Comments:

i'm a beer drinker coors light for me in the can why the can don't have to worry about them breaking and someone stepping on the broken glass and takes up less room in the fridge to

I do cans as well...

I can bring back 200 empty cans on my own, one trip, no car.

I can't manage that with bottles.

Hehehe!

With all this talk of beer, i stopped earlier at Broue-Ha-Ha earlier today. For those who know Gatineau, it is on St-Rene west. They have a great selection of Microbrews, along with imported beers.

I've just tried "Aphrodisiaque", a nice stout with coco and vanilla undertones. Trying just now a blueberry beer. Interesting taste....

I gotta say I'm a Guinness and Coors Lite girl. I don't drink any other kind of beer, don't really like the taste. I've really gotten into Black and Tans though Mmm!

Posted via Mobile Device

Nice! A discussion about one of my favorite things!

The bottles or cans discussion reminded me of a Fun beer related band from Winnipeg who have a song called Bottles or Cans:

Legion of Liquor, a heavy metal choir dedicated to all things booze related!

http://www.myspace.com/thelegionofliquor

As far as favorite brands go i'm pretty much all over the map but some old reliable choices are Keith's, Moosehead, Big Rock's Traditional Ale (delicious on tap!), Pilsner (apparently you can't buy it east of Manitoba, can anyone confirm this for me?), and Standard Lager (label looks like a budweiser label, also, I don't think you can get it outside of Manitoba).

Favorite bar beers:

Anything from Half Pints (a local brewery)

Kilkenny

Strongbow (not a beer, but oh well)

Tipsy Toad lager (brewed exclusively for my favorite local watering hole, The Toad)

And every so often I enjoy dirty old guy beer and buy a bunch of OV. I think it's 'cuase my dad drank it when I was growing up so I acquired a taste for it, plus you can take it to a party and nobody will steal it!

A fun drink for patio season:

The porch climber,

In a pint glass pour 2 shots of vodka, fill the glass 2/3 of the way with a lighter beer and top it off with lemonade. Enjoy blacking out! :P

Leinenkuegel ... made nearby in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. Just a perfect, well balanced lager. Just the original ... I know Leinie's makes a lot of flavored beers, but they're not for me. The original is made right in the brewery in Chippewa Falls and I 've occasionally made the drive over to get a case or two. Very fresh.

Edited by Kubrickfan
spelling

Sorry, I have more to add...

A gross, guilty pleasure from my wasted youth are the 40's of Olde English malt liquor.

They're impossible to find around Winnipeg nowadays and I kind of want to see if can still pound 'em like an idiotic seventeen year old.... I really need a life...

I am a beer lover and have to say (please, take no offense) that most domestic, mass produced beers are not really beer.... Bud is made from rice (as oppose to wheat)

You are actually partially right here. Many don't know that Bud is made from 30% rice. The main ingredient however is malt barley as well as hops.

Here is a Rolling Rock beer commercial. Funny but has anyone tried this beer??