What to do when asked to provide certain personal details. ?? Looking for some advice

Hi. It has been a few years I think since I posted on this forum.   I have been in retirement and am now recently back.  I've noticed alot has changed over the years and somewhat not for the best .

One thing I noticed I am having to do differently is screen and really air on the side of caution regarding giving out my address, making sure the appt is safe and legitimate. 

What I'm concerned about first and foremost is am I being too hard on my boundaries.  

I feel my spidey senses flinch a bit when I am ask what area I'm located very precipitously.  I am providing outcalls rn so i just don't really know how to feel regarding giving info like that.  

Also I usually am very choosy on who I give my address put too where I actually live .  If I know the gentleman for some time then yes however I'm just very cautious.  I usually book a room or a suite if I don't have a separate location to accommodate. 

I don't usually like to travel alone so I have a gf drive me places. 

I'm not sure if it's because I have had some scary experiences and am mabye a bit more careful now. I am going to be on the boards more as I do find it much more safe , it's monitored etc.  I just am a very careful person. 

So I think what am I asking is am I being too extreme in my measures or this okay.  I appreciate any feedback. Thank you 

Welcome back.

First off let me say that you can never be too cautious.  That goes for both parties in this business.

There is nothing wrong with screening if it makes you feel safer.  Some SP's ask for a recent reference from another SP, which most a re happy to provide.  Others ask for a board handle and check out the person's posting history for any red flags.  I've even heard of some asking for a photo of government issued ID, which they promise to delete when you show up.  I personally would not agree to that but it's all up to the individual.  What ever you feel comfortable with.

Another way to eliminate the game players is to ask for a deposit.  Again this goes both ways.  I would never send a deposit to an unknown lady but if you have a good reputation then it's not an issue.

As for giving out your address, this is completely unnecessary if you are doing outcalls.  For incalls you can give a general idea.  I admit I will often ask a lady what area she is in so I can plan my visit.  Her area may dictate whether I can do a daytime or evening appointment.

If you are doing an incall, here's a suggestion.  I once knew a lady who would tell the guy to come and park in front of a certain address and tell her what colour and model of car he was in.  She could see it from her window.  When the guy showed up she would then message him her actual address.

Your plan to have a friend drive you is a good one.  Failing that you have someone you message when you arrive and then again once you leave.  If they don't hear form you in a predetermined amount of time then they call you or the cops.  You can even arrange a code word to use if there is a problem.

In the end most ladies will tell you that if your gut is telling you something isn't right, then listen to it.  At the most you might miss out on a few hundred bucks once in a while rather than ending up assaulted, raped or dead.

Take care

LNC

• Thanks 1

If I were in a providers shoes I wouldn’t give out too much info on an I call location

maybe a general part of the city as the visitor might want to figure out travel time so they k ow when they could get there. 
but exact address doesn’t need to exchange till booking is confirmed

If you are only doing outcalls, where you are located is of limited value, except to judge how long it would take you to get there and/or what kind of expense you might be looking at for transportation if the SP requires the client pays.  General area is all that is needed to be shared.

For incall, of course area means a lot, both to judge the safety of the incall and the travel required by the client.  In that case, and area but not a specific address is easily shared, specific address only shared once a booking is made, with all the security precautions taken.

That said,, i do not understand SP's that entertain in their primary residence.  That is dangerous, but I guess, depending on the situation, depending on the clientele, it is a risk each SP needs to asses.  If an SP is doing it as a full time gig, they should be able to find an appropriate, affordable solution for hosting.