Block/Ignore Feature?

I am receiving notifications from members I have chosen to "Ignore/Silence" I was under the impression these users would be unable to view my things (vice versa) 

Unfortunately this setting doesn't work as it can be bypassed by a quick link of a button.  I went on these profiles earlier to search for a "block" button to permanently block for privacy/safety concerns - to no avail, I could not locate the button anywhere. Can someone assist me with that or does that option not exist? 

How do we go about getting a "block" feature on this platform to keep everyone comfortable & safe? 

I feel it would be safe to include one, because as specified, the members I have chosen to "Silence/Ignore" both their posts & have mine done that way on their end is not something that actually works. 
Looking for any advice from members who've experienced similar or some guidance from admins on how to actually block these accounts 🙂 

I wish you luck on this one! 

Unless something has changed, I'm not sure that this option exists here 😞

I tried to have my stalker blocked on here awhile back, and they could ban him, but not block him from seeing my posts, at that time 😞

Maybe something has changed though? 

The site has undergone a lot of changes since then 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, East Coast Kimmy said:

I feel it would be safe to include one, because as specified, the members I have chosen to "Silence/Ignore" both their posts & have mine done that way on their end is not something that actually works. 
Looking for any advice from members who've experienced similar or some guidance from admins on how to actually block these accounts 🙂 

Sorry this is happening to you 😢Did you try under account then ignored users ? 

Edited by Fredericton73man

50 minutes ago, Fredericton73man said:

Sorry this is happening to you 😢Did you try under account then ignored users ? 

I did try & it clearly doesn't work, I realize that now --  a member I referenced in my initial post is interacting with this post even while on my "ignored users" list 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

I suppose @Berlin Moss is right, it would take someone operating this site to actually be present & be genuinely concerned with the well-being of members on the board! 

thanks all for the suggestions/responses! 

Edited by East Coast Kimmy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, East Coast Kimmy said:

I did try & it clearly doesn't work, I realize that now --  a member I referenced in my initial post is interacting with this post even while on my "ignored users" list 🤷🏼‍♀️

I hope it’s not me lol. 😂

• Haha 2

I think the ignore function just allows you to ignore someone else's posts if you'd prefer, but not stop them from seeing yours in the forums 

I don't believe lyla has a block function, unfortunately, but maybe a mod can weigh in and help? 💕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've been in touch with admins/mods over the last several years about this issue, to no avail. I was told from Lydia (back in her day) that the "ignore" feature would stop those selected from seeing my posts/sending me messages unless they chose to bypass that setting manually. 

Didn't realize this site currently has moderators who were active, besides the local women they put in mod positions 😣🥴

Edited by East Coast Kimmy
  • Like 2

Maybe @Grace Lyla would be able to chime in. They're the most active Mod on the board at the time. They've been the one I've gone to for my ongoing ordeal. 

I've personally not found any block/ignore feature to work here minus the user getting banned. With the board being open to view to anyone, even if they don't have an active profile information is always available to see. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, MsManda said:

I think the ignore function just allows you to ignore someone else's posts if you'd prefer, but not stop them from seeing yours in the forums 

I don't believe lyla has a block function, unfortunately, but maybe a mod can weigh in and help? 💕

I believe MsManda has it correct. The block/ignore function on most forums simply hides their posts from your view, and posts by you are still visible to all.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, StephanieMystique said:

Maybe @Grace Lyla would be able to chime in. They're the most active Mod on the board at the time. They've been the one I've gone to for my ongoing ordeal. 

I've personally not found any block/ignore feature to work here minus the user getting banned. With the board being open to view to anyone, even if they don't have an active profile information is always available to see. 

Yessss! 

In my case, they even advised me not to ban him because they knew he could just make a new acct, or view threads publicly anyways 🤷

• Sad 1

To all the wonderful providers that are so great….

I apologize that you are going through any of this… it is shocking to me to learn about such abusive and bad behaviour. It saddens me to know you don’t feel safe in this space. Such a shame… even worse that it just seems that you are asked to suck it up. It’s not fair.

@East Coast Kimmy This is my reminder to see you soon and make sure you are treated right as you have always done that for me… 

Stay safe everyone… 

And to the few (you know you are) Grow up and stop being assholes!

ML

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1