1 hour ago, AdamSandler said:

I guess another piece to the nordic model is that if it's legal to sell then providers have some form of support and protection. Let's say someone sees a provider and assaults them. The provider then has the ability to go to the police and report the assault without risk to themselves. 

Of course this same model also harms the buyer as I've heard of some people meeting and getting beaten and robbed (the purchaser in this case) and they of course have no recourse because they were technically doing something illegal.

So I see the "protecting the providers" piece of it for sure but it's still weird. 

Yep exactly, it's a convoluted strategy to make it somewhat safer for providers while still keeping it illegal for some reason. As you pointed out this creates an opening for  the providers to scam people with little concern for consequences. Obviously most of the scams aren't even from legit providers but you get what I mean. Like most government policies this wasn't thought through well at all, isn't even being enforced properly (no effort to crack down on buyers) and was probably more about having an excuse to spend money on "resources" and "education" than actually change the situation.

21 minutes ago, DaveM2 said:

Yep exactly, it's a convoluted strategy to make it somewhat safer for providers while still keeping it illegal for some reason. As you pointed out this creates an opening for  the providers to scam people with little concern for consequences. Obviously most of the scams aren't even from legit providers but you get what I mean. Like most government policies this wasn't thought through well at all, isn't even being enforced properly (no effort to crack down on buyers) and was probably more about having an excuse to spend money on "resources" and "education" than actually change the situation.

I feel like the "not being enforced" part of it mostly has to do with a "why bother" attitude. With forums like this and LL and other resources people are communicating privately directly with a provider or agency and that isn't harming anyone. Meetings should be scheduled in private places. If everyone is a consenting adult there's no one being harmed. Now if you do stuff in public and other places you shouldn't be that's on you and asking for a cop to come and interfere.

The resources required to set up sting operations and such, make fake profiles to trap people, when we already have underfunded police forces in many circumstances and all just to catch a few people ultimately not really doing anything "wrong". Illegal sure but is it really wrong if no one is being forced?

Now it's a different story all together when talking about providers being forced into it, pimps, underage providers, human trafficking, etc and I do hope the police are on top of that but who gives a shit if two (or more) 20, 30, 40+ something consenting adults want to enjoy each others company for a while. 

I'm happy to hear the police are seemingly reasonable and don't put their noses in this type of thing.

Police are probably clients of SP and massage gals just like every other walk of life. Keep it out of the public eye, non trafficked girls and of age girls and you shouldn’t have any worries. 

Only in the Bible Belt of southern USA have I ever heard of sting operations still in effect. 

• Like 1