Bad Rap-for No Shows-My Rant!

I was quite surprized about the earlier thread regarding some agencies would do false bookings....sounds very close to a "cut throat business" if you ask me.

Yup, that happens a lot in some places.

Ottawa is bad for it but other cities actually are plagued with this problem (like you all are for the no-shows).

I guess the logic is that if you keep your competition busy and they keep turning down calls and running all over town because they have the time booked already then it increases your odds to get calls at those times.

Stupid eh? What a way to damage the business... This thread is proof of that. It's just greed mixed with a lack of business experience and ethics (as you said it is a "cut throat business" to many people). We are trying to get the ladies communicating with one another here on cerb but it's a uphill battle. Because of the type of business everyone sees everyone as competition so the ladies often keep a very big distance between them (and many fight with each other). We are trying to help change that, work together and do good things for the industry.

It's easy to forget sometimes that "most" of the people in the business have no business management training or prior business skills. (I DID SAY MOST - WE DO HAVE MANY EXCEPTIONS).

Without some of these business management skills people (in general) have a hard time grasping business concepts and showing "professionalism". Most career/business people know that if they miss an appointment with a client your pretty much screwed and lost that deal for good... and not to mention we all know it's extremely unprofessional. Financial tracking is also not at the top of the list of business skills, organization is horrible with most and I can't even go into the marketing and promotions. (Again we have many exceptions but more then 60% of the ladies this holds true to - and agency owners)

But like I say over and over (This business is not like any other business in the world)... It must be treated very differently as it's very unique (and special). Where the ladies may need improvement in business management they make up for in tenfold in "other skills" so you must accept the good with the bad.

Stupid eh? What a way to damage the business... This thread is proof of that. It's just greed mixed with a lack of business experience and ethics (as you said it is a "cut throat business" to many people). We are trying to get the ladies communicating with one another here on cerb but it's a uphill battle. Because of the type of business everyone sees everyone as competition so the ladies often keep a very big distance between them (and many fight with each other). We are trying to help change that, work together and do good things for the industry.

Interesting information, wonder how it would all work out if Canada was to legalize service providers.

Wonder if our so said politicians would run the business any better?

Comparative review on goverments that allow such service like Netherlands/Germany ...it really helps the woman that are trying to make a living.

I thoroughly enjoyed walking down the Red Light District while in Amsterdam, and watching live sex shows.

I just don't get it when agencies would pit themselves against one another for the sake of greed only. Hence the reason I see more INDY's than agency ladies.

Maybe some day all agencies would need to sign binding agreements to stop the BS.

OR each city had only ONE agency to book from,can you imagine Toronto having ONE licenced agency to book from? So many girls, but then again rates would probably scare us hobbiest away.

I have been on both sides of this topic.

I have had to cancel on SP's due to family responsibilities or employment and I gave as much reasonable notice that I could as soon as I learnt I could not keep the Appointment. Courtesy is key and good communication with the particular SP is paramount.

On the other hand, I have been stood up many a times by highly regarded SP's. I am from out of town whereby I incure significant travel costs to see the ladies. I generally have a plan B and C if Plan A does not work out as expected and thats how I contend wth this issue.

I visited Amsterdam and of course the Red Light district while living in Germany over 20 yrs ago. When It comes to sex and SPs I beleive they were at least 30 years ahead of Norht America. I bet they have moved further ahead since then as I thing we are going backwards here.

PP I sure miss those live shows. I saw some interesting ones. Nothing like strip bars here.

Interesting information, wonder how it would all work out if Canada was to legalize service providers.

Wonder if our so said politicians would run the business any better?

Comparative review on goverments that allow such service like Netherlands/Germany ...it really helps the woman that are trying to make a living.

I thoroughly enjoyed walking down the Red Light District while in Amsterdam, and watching live sex shows.

I just don't get it when agencies would pit themselves against one another for the sake of greed only. Hence the reason I see more INDY's than agency ladies.

Maybe some day all agencies would need to sign binding agreements to stop the BS.

OR each city had only ONE agency to book from,can you imagine Toronto having ONE licenced agency to book from? So many girls, but then again rates would probably scare us hobbiest away.

This is an interesting thread. This is a problem that has been talked about for years and different solutions have been tried by SP's. I can only assume some with more success than others.

It would seem to me that, much like we have a recommendation section on this board, is there not some site/board for SP's to to share a list of noshows? It would also be a good place to share approached that work to minimize noshows.

I guess the time to research everyone that call could be an issue, but it might be helpful.

For your info there is an SP only area here on CERB where the ladies can discuss business issues.

This is an interesting thread. This is a problem that has been talked about for years and different solutions have been tried by SP's. I can only assume some with more success than others.

It would seem to me that, much like we have a recommendation section on this board, is there not some site/board for SP's to to share a list of noshows? It would also be a good place to share approached that work to minimize noshows.

I guess the time to research everyone that call could be an issue, but it might be helpful.

For your info there is an SP only area here on CERB where the ladies can discuss business issues.

Actually, I saw that, but thought the question should be raised anyway. Why isn't that area or another being used to review clients. There must be a better way to minimize no shows, rather than to make it hard to see new clients.

I have only once had to cancel a meeting, but I was able to provide about 12 hrs notice and it would have been more if I knew of the changing situation earlier. But I have been stood up on a number of occasions. I suspect a number of them have been visitors fed up with no shows and leaving early.

But that said I have also not been able to setup appointments with some SP's because they don't know I can be relied upon. It's frustrating and you have to want to see that SP REAL bad to go through the hassle sometime caused.

I'd like to see it come to an end.

In talking to an SP recently I was surprised they get a significant number of dates from the SUN. I wonder if there is any breakdown of noshows by email bookings, SUN bookings or CERB PM booking? I suspect the SUN calls would be less reliable than CERB bookings.

I suspect our concerned SP's could reduce noshow's with a little more shared information from their piers.

Being fairly new here and a once-in-awhile user of sp's.

I was a little surprised at the info gleamed here. Since I'm mature, professional, fairly carefull (thanks for all the great reviews folks), and wouldn't think of cancelling at the last minute (and it's business - damn straight it's 50% if I gave less than 12 hours notice), I'm a little shocked at so many apparantly doing this.

After several encounters over 2 decades, I'm still virginal material here, but I just sent a request for next week for a lady well reviewed here, and I hope my lack of being well known does not jeapordize my hoped for appointment.

For all you no-shows, shame on you.

1: It's a service- unprofessional

2: It's a lady I might want to see you are standing up. - real men don't do that shit.

3: It's bad manners - You obviously don't get that part.

4: Your mommy doesn't let you out at night?

Thanks for an enlightening post and replies.

Actually, I saw that, but thought the question should be raised anyway. Why isn't that area or another being used to review clients. There must be a better way to minimize no shows, rather than to make it hard to see new clients.

I have only once had to cancel a meeting, but I was able to provide about 12 hrs notice and it would have been more if I knew of the changing situation earlier. But I have been stood up on a number of occasions. I suspect a number of them have been visitors fed up with no shows and leaving early.

But that said I have also not been able to setup appointments with some SP's because they don't know I can be relied upon. It's frustrating and you have to want to see that SP REAL bad to go through the hassle sometime caused.

I'd like to see it come to an end.

In talking to an SP recently I was surprised they get a significant number of dates from the SUN. I wonder if there is any breakdown of noshows by email bookings, SUN bookings or CERB PM booking? I suspect the SUN calls would be less reliable than CERB bookings.

I suspect our concerned SP's could reduce noshow's with a little more shared information from their piers.

You do raise some good points. As far as I have been told, the ladies do share no shows in the SP area section. That is why we can't see it.

As for getting bookings from the sun, I am not surprised. Whenever I moved to a new city and befored I discoverd CERB EC etc... the local paper was the first place I would look for SPs. Unfortuantely quality often was not there and GFE not often. It would take quite a few trial and miss to find a good SP. That being said your respect for the business may not be the best which I believe woul contribute to "no Shows" Here in Ottawa, IMHO, except for a few exceptions that also advertise elsewhere, overall SPs who advertise in the SUN are the worst in the country for quality. This along with the many Bait & Switch agencies is hurting the respect men have for this business and unfortunately this spills over to our most outstanding ladies and those who wish to visit Ottawa. Also because of Goverment, there is often out of town people on business. Out of towners are a big clientel however it is probably the most unreliable. Why would they care about Ottawa's reputation. They go home after a few days maybe a week and may not be back for a long time if not years.

As for CERB no shows, althought I would like to think the members would be above this I am afraid it is not so. There are members who join for the ride. I know Sps have told me they are very careful about low posters. This is the group with a high number of no shows. Oh yes don't be surprised we do have members who pull that stunt.

It is an uphill battle but I think CERB is helping. We have a very good recommendation section, we don't post negative reviews and we have great discussions going in various threads. I am sure we have visitors coming to town, in the near future that would not have done so if it weren't for CERB and all the Ottawa section activity. All we need now is for more members to contribute so more of us are writing recommendations.

We also need to start using the new video chat room. I see plenty of potential there especially for SPs. I had the pleasure to have a chat there yesterday with anothe member and a local SP and it was great. Gave me a chance to get to know her better and discover how great a person she is although I have never met her. It sure got me thinking about seeing her. The more interesting things become maybe we can make out of town SPs forget that "No Show" reputation.

Edited by loneskater
addition

I have been on the other end of a no-show and it was certainly frustrating as it can ruin a big chunk of your day if you're prepping to go somewhere at sometime and don't know if the SP is just late or not showing up. So, I can definitely understand the hastle is is for an SP with many appointments. I call an SP if I think there's even a chance I will be even 5 min late and I would totally be up for giving my CERB handle and a phone number that they could at least text message to. I get my email on my mobile so that works for me too. One of my pet peeves is actually being late (even if it's me being late it annoys me more actually) so anything I can do when making an appointment to convince an SP I will show up, I'm open to and hopefully the reverse can be true as well.

I like to think that being a CERB member would help improve my credibility with an SP. It may not though. I can't help but feel like I'm applying for a job as I write to well recommended SP's, explaining who I am, sending them photos, hoping they will fit me into their busy schedules. I hate it! I can see why some people just hit the agencies and try their luck...at least they don't have to "apply" and wait to see if they can get an appointment! With my work schedule, these appointments don't work so well either.

We "pooners" need some kind of verification system that will give us credibility and which will also assure an SP of who they are getting as a client.

The problem is, who wants to give their personal information out to CERB or anyone else for that matter? Maybe we need some kinda buddy system instead. For example: if I've met another CERB guy face to face and can vouch for him as how he describes himself (let's say he claims to be clean shaven, non-smoker, long hair like Fabio) somehow I click on something that "certifies" this cerb user as "verified" or something like that. Know what I mean?

I know, I know...the logistics of such an endeavour are mind blowing and nobody would do it unless they were making money....but it's just an idea. Just a thought. I'm just thinking out loud, ya know? I hate being stereotyped as a possible no-show just because I live Ottawa!

I'm drawing the line at sending photos of myself. I had this request from a well reviewed SP a day or two ago. Although I, sincerely, respect the right of SPs to place whatever conditions they want on a visit, sharing my photo is where I am drawing the line. That could end up associated with your terb name or e-mail address all over the internet, and it was made worse when the SP said the rationale was that "we all have something to lose." I may be taking the statement out of context, but that's kinda scary.

As I stated in an earlier post on this thread, sharing your cerb name should provide some goodwill.

I agree with you, I never have been asked to, nor will I send a photo, if they are not comfortable in the info provided, then we both lose out.

on another board they have a whitelist...that means that the ladies can verify the clients they have seen so other ladies know they are legit.

On one hand sites for SP's to check clients is great and should help the noshow problem.

On the other, through CERB and other boards SP's are welcome to view, learn from, comment and occasionally correct a clients review. However on the SP board clients have no idea what is said about them, there is no opportunity to improve upon any concerns raised or to reply/respond to any bad "reviews". Or to pick up on what is enjoyed by a particular provider so that joy can be repeated.

I guess this really is cause for an open question. Should hobbyists be provided limited acces to SP review boards or not? Should there be a way to contact a mod for access to information? :confused:

If one of the ladies posted a photo of a potentially dangerous person or a bad date client we would not remove it but this is not being done. I know a year or more ago spoc.ca (at least I think it was spoc) put up some photos of a few guys) most likely only the really BAD clients (and trust me they do exist) would be reason for anyone to do this. The guys will not have access to the SP ONLY area (for any reason) it's not nessassary and if you think you have done something to get a listing in the SP ONLY area then you should not be in the business. If you treat the ladies with respect, don't make appointments and not show up and your not being scary/phsycotic during your appointment then you would not be in the list.

If one of the ladies posted a photo of a potentially dangerous person or a bad date client we would not remove it but this is not being done. I know a year or more ago spoc.ca (at least I think it was spoc) put up some photos of a few guys) most likely only the really BAD clients (and trust me they do exist) would be reason for anyone to do this. The guys will not have access to the SP ONLY area (for any reason) it's not nessassary and if you think you have done something to get a listing in the SP ONLY area then you should not be in the business. If you treat the ladies with respect, don't make appointments and not show up and your not being scary/phsycotic during your appointment then you would not be in the list.

Just a thought. That section is a great section for the SP's. However, if an individual did get posted there by an SP, should the client not be notified in some way and be allowed to explain as there generally is always two sides to a story.

I seem to recall reading a thread whereby a very respected member got placed on the black list not to long ago. As it turned out it was not the respected member but someone using a similar user name! In all, this no doubt created confusion and undue unnecessary stress to the respected member having to clear his name.

I seem to recall reading a thread whereby a very respected member got placed on the black list not to long ago. As it turned out it was not the respected member but someone using a similar user name! In all, this no doubt created confusion and undue unnecessary stress to the respected member having to clear his name.

thanks....it was about me.......

and it is funny that we no longer hear from that individual here who had that site.........I liked what she was doing in theory........

MOD, you are correct, we must act with honour and with respect. I am sure there are a number who must be identified to protect our ladies. I am not against that.

My question has more to do with, could a provider take a disliking or have a misunderstanding with an good client, then slam dunk that person without their knowledge or ability to respond.

I know it would be a hornets nest to open the SP area and I do not honestly expect or request that it happen. I just believe this is an area where some open discussion will be interesting.

I unfortunately had to cancel at the last minute once with a MPA. This is pretty common in this field I guess. I ended up booking with the same girl a week or so later and gave her a nice tip (pretty much payed for the cancelled session). She was so happy that I ended up getting more milage that whats normally expected. I'm still not sure if I should have re-payed the door fee though, so I didn't. Any opinions?

If they didn't ding you at the door, then you are good. Some places keep track of cancelled appointments, some don't. SP's usually do because of the time issues. Squaring up with the MP was the way to go, it means a lot to providers when someone acknowledges and appreciates that we are just trying to make a living and lost time means lost income. Kudos to you...

Catherine

for the second time in a month got a no show from 2 very well respected ottawa sp. both times everything was set up, fisrt one called before the appointement for the room number never got and answer and know this friday night august 22 was stood up again. with this second sp, i book about two weeks in advance. when i got to her place and buzzed her appartment, got no answer. i even left a mwssage and her voicemail and didn't even got a called back.

for the second time in a month got a no show from 2 very well respected ottawa sp. both times everything was set up, fisrt one called before the appointement for the room number never got and answer and know this friday night august 22 was stood up again. with this second sp, i book about two weeks in advance. when i got to her place and buzzed her appartment, got no answer. i even left a mwssage and her voicemail and didn't even got a called back.

The thing you need to understand is that this is a direct result of the problem that SPs have with no-shows. The problem has gotten so bad that it would be foolish for us to count on any guy until we see "the whites of his eyes." Regulars who have good reps for showing up have the best success -- so all I can recommend is that you become a regular or you establish a rep and use the providers you see as a reference. Most of us are very happy to provide honest references for customers. ... We don't (in my experience) get into the type of lockerroom details you'd find in most SP reviews, but we stick to the basics: does he show up on time, pay without quibbling, have good hygiene, leave on time, etc.

Because of the legal situation in many places in the US, it's not at all uncommon for guys there to ask us to provide references for them. Maybe we could establish something similar here to help people like yourself get earlier confirmations of appointments with SPs you haven't yet met.

..c..