and im not involved with any pimps... he's just a good friend of mine who looks out for me.

I know this thread is dated, but I've heard this and other variations so many times it scares me. I say this with my dancing experience. Perhaps the worst I heard was, "He's not abusive. He just has a bad temper." Among others: "He instead a pimp, he just takes care of me and my money." etc, etc, etc.

Disturbing, considering they were given fair opportunity to correct their deficiencies. Fortunately, with all the controversy I never returned.

Hey Pete, I realize this is an older thread, but I still wanted to thank you for it. I honestly wouldn't have thought to keep an eye out for something like this when visiting an SP - until now.

I'm not far behind you size-wise, just a bit shorter (make no mistake, I'm talking body height here! LOL!), but it really doesn't matter in a situation like that. Three guys, two guys, one guy with a gun... even just one smaller guy... it's irrelevant - this is a totally different situation than someone pushing you in a grocery store line-up. Good on you for leaving. Even better on you for sharing your experience with everyone else - thank you.

PP glad you spotted this but more importantly glad you started a thread. Many members here seem to take and not give and they would have kept this to themselves. This should ensure those who wonder how they become Senior members: "Contribute to the board".

I can't speak for all, but I'm sure I speak for most of us newbies - thanks to all of you senior members (I won't try to list names because I'm sure I'd miss someone - you know who you are!) for making this site what it is (and mod too of course!) CERB is a really special community with such an obviously great bunch of people - I'm very happy I found it.

:grin:

Thanks all!

there is an old saying and I believe it goes like this, if it looks like a pimp and sounds like a pimp it probably is a pimp.

sorry you had to be harrassed for feeling uncomfortable for not wanting to walk into a room with two strangers chatting with your sp date.......duh who would dare be so stupid.....

it is what it seems to be...bad scene i will stay away for sure. sorry it had to happen but may we all learn from others experiences.

I am glad that you are Ok Pete, and I think it just goes to show, please ladies and gents, be careful! If ever you get that less than loving feeling,hmmm something is up, it usually is.:!:

thank god for Speidey senses..

Be careful all.. follow your gut and listen to your vibes..

I'm glad everything worked out. Thankfully we have a reliable network of folks called CERB who look out for us all by posting and keeping everyone informed. Great place to check out first beforehand to ensure a great experience.