Movies that SHOULD NEVER be remade.

DO NOT TOUCH:

The Seven Samurai

Well The Seven Samurai has already been remade...sort of. The Magnificent Seven was based (very closely) on The Seven Samurai. Also, hate to ruin your day but according to IMDB there is a new version of 7 Samurai in development. Link provided below:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814315/

the untouchables: the original star wars trilogy

risky business

ferris bueller's day off

major league

die hard

scent of a woman

the untouchables: the original star wars trilogy

risky business

ferris bueller's day off

major league

die hard

scent of a woman

Scent of a Woman??? I hate to tell ya my friend, but Scent of a Woman IS a remake!!! The original was the Italian movie "Profumo di donna" directed by Dino Risi in 1974 and was actually nominated for two Oscars in 1976.... best foreign movie and best screenplay!

The Bridge on the River Kwai

The Great Escape

Taxi Driver

The Silence of the Lambs

The Deer Hunter

Scent of a Woman??? I hate to tell ya my friend, but Scent of a Woman IS a remake!!! The original was the Italian movie "Profumo di donna" directed by Dino Risi in 1974 and was actually nominated for two Oscars in 1976.... best foreign movie and best screenplay!

i didn't know that, thanks for the info. i just know that al pacino's performance is one of the best piece of acting i've seen in my lifetime.

i didn't know that, thanks for the info. i just know that al pacino's performance is one of the best piece of acting i've seen in my lifetime.

Check out the original if you can.... the story is slightly different but the essence is the same!

not many of you have seen this...in fact i can guarantee that none of you have seen this one........and I can also guarantee that it shoule never be remade...let alone the first release was horrible....

MY WEDDING VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're remaking the Crow, a cult classic for a number of reasons and I doubt the remake get a fair chance by many. Same with the mad max remakes/prequels. A few others that shouldn't be touched.

Slapshot

Reservoir Dogs

Last of the Mohicans

A recent one that never should have seen the light of the theatre;

Skyline. Ugh.

not many of you have seen this...in fact i can guarantee that none of you have seen this one........and I can also guarantee that it shoule never be remade...let alone the first release was horrible....

MY WEDDING VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeebus. Mine was awful too. Of course I only have myself to blame for the casting.

• Like 1

-Dirty Harry

-Any Clint Eastwood western

-Rocky

-First Blood (Rambo)

-Jaws

-Braveheart

-Misery

-Shadow Of The Vampire (not very well known but any fan of John Malkovich or especially Willem Dafoe needs to check that one out. It's wickedly amusing)

-Bad Boys 1 and 2

-It (although apparently it is being remade)

-Escape From New York

-Die Hard

-Predator

-Terminator

-Shaft (the Samuel L Jackson version from a few years back is technically a sequel..not a remake)

-Tombstone

-Young Guns

-The Ref

-Suicide Kings

-Any of Kevin Smith's movies featuring Jay and Silent Bob

Ok so it's a long list but these are my DO NOT TOUCH movies :p. There's probably a few others but that's what I can think of right now

Additional Comments:

Oh! The Dead Zone, The Fly (two of Chronenberg's best) and The Exorcist!

'kay...I'm done now

You are now elevated to uber elite in my mind Castle. Any friend of snoogans is a friend of mine.

544199394v10_225x225_Front.jpg

Untouchables:

To Kill a Mockingbird

Raging Bull

Goodfellas

The Godfather I & II

The Magnificent Seven

The Ten Commandments (I know, I know but it's still a great movie)

Saving Private Ryan

WTF:

Law Abiding Citizen

Batman Returns, Forever and with Robin - all pieces of you know.

Howard the Duck

Showgirls

G.I. Jane

I watch G.I Jane just to watch Demi Moore kick the ever-living shit out of Viggo Mortensen. "SUCK MY DICK!" Ahhhh, gets me every time.

Untouchables:

Twin Peaks (I know it's a show, but if anyones tries to remake it, I'll have to go on a murderous rampage)

Jaws

Edward Scissorhands

Cry-Baby

The Big Lebowski

Fallen Angels

Oldboy (and they are remaking it sadly, those mofos)

Clue (and I heard they're remaking this one too and I'm sorry, no one will ever replace Madeline Kahn as Mrs. White or Tim Curry as Wadsworth).

Legend

Labyrinth

This Is Spinal Tap

Ghostbusters (I'd actually die if they remade this one)

WTF

Inception. MOST RIDICULOUS MOVIE EVER.

both Matrix sequels

Dead Girl (got lured into this one by a plotline that went like this: two guys find a girl in an abandoned asylum who can't be killed!! So I'm thinking, sweet, she's going to be this superhuman murderous psycho, but oh no, it's so much worse. Instead, these two creepers find this dead girl tied to a table (she is clearly a zombie, though the movie never refers to her as one) but they're like, HEY we should charge our friends to come and have sex with this tied up dead girl! And that is the entire movie. These guys raping a dead zombie chick. GROSS)

Some I've not seen on the list yet: Do Not Touch!!

Roman Holiday

A Few Good Men

A Bronx Tale

Seven

P.S. Old Dog MallRats too!!! Want a Chocolate covered pretzel? lol

P.S. Old Dog MallRats too!!! Want a Chocolate covered pretzel? lol

Mia you have now moved up the ranks from Goddess to Uber Goddess. I have come to sacrifice this golden calf in your honour...

021307mooby.jpg

Some movies have already been mentioned, but no remakes of

The Godfather Trilogy-and as a sidenote, they should have quit at

Godfather II Godfather III imho a waste of 2 hours of my life LOL

Casablanca and the Maltese Falcon mentioned...but no remakes of the African Queen (don't know if that has been mentioned)

Platoon

Apocalypse Now

The Longest Day

Kelly's Heroes

Where Eagles Dare

Guns of Navarone

The Odd Couple (both the movie and tv series)

And those Star Wars 1 thru 3, OMG couldn't they have made the movies a little bit better, worthy of prequels to Star Wars 4-6-just my opinion

Just some ramblings

RG

Mia you have now moved up the ranks from Goddess to Uber Goddess. I have come to sacrifice this golden calf in your honour...

021307mooby.jpg

Everybody's best buddy

buddychrist.jpg

Everybody's best buddy

buddychrist.jpg

Fucking Hysterical

Additional Comments:

021307mooby.jpg

Wowza, a sacrifice in My Name?!?! Hehe, yeah well all Goddesses need Sacrifices.... xoxo

Everybody's best buddy

buddychrist.jpg

Indeed... what the world needs now is Buddy Christ. I think Burt Bacharach wrote that. Dammit I am jacking my own thread!!!!

back to business:

Classics:

Apocalypto - the movie in and of itself was okay, but I really don't think anyone could ever do better job with cinematography. It was just an absolutely gorgeous film - one would do well to use it as a test disc when buying a new BluRay player or big screen TV.

The Madness of King George - an amazing ensemble cast and every single role was filled perfectly. We all look at movies from time to time and saysomething like, George Clooney would have been better in that role or I hated Kirsten Dunst as his girlfriend...but this one has not a single flaw in that regard.

Dogma - another Kevin Smith classic. See Buddy Christ's opinion above.

12 Angry Men - what can I say? One of those compelling films that you can watch over and over and catch different character nuances on each viewing.

The Pianist - Adrien Brody's performance was captivating. That man can act.

Based on all the terrible attempts since, I'd have to say that 'La Femme Nikita' not only should never be remade, but cannot be remade.

Having read (and loved) the book, I actually can't stand the It mini series. A remake into a movie is probably a mistake as well (cramming an 1100 page book into 2 hours?) and I'm kind of glad plans to adapt the entire Dark Tower series into a combination of movies and mini series fell through. It's ironic you mentioned Kevin Smith movies becuase as soon as I posted on this thread last night I popped in Mallrats for a couple of laughs.

A classic that should never be remade (although NBC did it as a mini-series in the 90's) is the original Inherit the Wind. Brilliant movie making with an ensemble cast (for the time) headed by Spencer Tracey. A pure gem.

-Dirty Harry

-Any Clint Eastwood western

-Rocky

-First Blood (Rambo)

-Jaws

-Braveheart

-Misery

-Shadow Of The Vampire (not very well known but any fan of John Malkovich or especially Willem Dafoe needs to check that one out. It's wickedly amusing)

-Bad Boys 1 and 2

-It (although apparently it is being remade)

-Escape From New York

-Die Hard

-Predator

-Terminator

-Shaft (the Samuel L Jackson version from a few years back is technically a sequel..not a remake)

-Tombstone

-Young Guns

-The Ref

-Suicide Kings

Ok so it's a long list but these are my DO NOT TOUCH movies :p. There's probably a few others but that's what I can think of right now

Additional Comments:

Oh! The Dead Zone, The Fly (two of Chronenberg's best) and The Exorcist!

'kay...I'm done now

and I'm kind of glad plans to adapt the entire Dark Tower series into a combination of movies and mini series fell through.

I too am kind of glad about this but only because I felt the creative team working on it were not quite right. I didn't really have faith that Ron Howard could pull it off....and the screenwriter was the guy who wrote Batman and Robin....'nuff said.

However I do hope Frank Darabont gets his hands on it now that he's no longer overseeing The Walking Dead. IMO he's directed 3 of the best Stephen King adaptations yet (Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist). And he even wrote a few Dark Tower references into the Mist that were not in the original short story...so I know he has an interest in the Dark Tower story. I think he's the only one I have any faith in to bring that series to the screen properly.

I don't know if it's already been said but they should never remake "Good Fellas". Actually I'm watching it on t.v. right now.

Reminds me of the original Godfather...another one which should be considered untouchable.