Is there a Lawyer in the house?

Need Legal Advice

Hi! I really need some legal advice and I'm reaching out to Cerb. If you can help steer me in the right direction, I would really appreciate it, please PM me. Thanks!

I beleive there is a law clinic (from ottawa u) on Portage Street. Not sure if this of use for your current needs. Again, they may point you in the right direction if you need an accredited lawyer.

Sent using Tapatalk

I beleive there is a law clinic (from ottawa u) on Portage Street. Not sure if this of use for your current needs. Again, they may point you in the right direction if you need an accredited lawyer.

Sent using Tapatalk

This option might not be the best to meet Julia's needs: it is likely mostly staffed by students in the civil law tradition (used only in Quebec) and interested in 'public notary' type of work (living or traditional wills, real estate, and a few other things).

The University of Ottawa has a community legal clinic on Copernicus, which may be more likely to have students interested in the common law tradition and criminal law advices.

More information here: http://www.uottawa.ca/associations/clinic/eng/main.htm

Hope all will turn out best for you.

Edited by toine
  • Like 1

Help is probably available here but the "type " of legal advise you need is what has to be determined ,in order for a legal opinion to be offerred concerning a matter of law-be it corporate,criminal,divorce,litigation etc will determine where to seek advice be it "free" or paid advice. Pretty hard to generalise unless its a very simple question ! I could point you (as many others here probably could) in the right direction if you wanted to pm a little more info confidentually.

I know some very good lawyers (mostly all women, very liberal), but as it has been mentioned, a little bit more info would be required (like what area of law and whether you're in Ontario or Quebec). Feel free to PM me.